JavaTigress

Suggestions for Sweets

@Vampyre as I’ve said before, Prizes were gifts. Raffle-won Hollies were gifts. Yet monthly Prizes were instilled and old holidays returned, devaluing both without compensation (especially for Hollies). I don’t think this is a bad thing. Allowing for everyone to collect as much as possible is a great goal that I don’t feel should be held back by small percentages of users. Alt Sweetlings are honestly an even less extreme version of those cases, as there’s quite a few and their offspring generally aren’t highly sought after. Yes, they were originally a glitch reward, but it’s been eight years and we’ve seen plenty of other glitches that no one was rewarded for. It’s time to move on. My and other old players input as a CB Pumpkin / Valentine / Yule (or Holly!) owners wasn’t asked before re-release of old CB Holidays, and it didn’t need to be.

Also are you against raising Valentine / Christmas limits in general or just for Sweetlings? I admit raising limits JUST for them would be odd, but I really hope limits are raised across the board. People are extremely generous during Halloween because they have enough CBs to both make lines and share, while the opposite tends to be true during the other Holidays. It’s the opposite of how they should work. It also seems extra pointless when, considering the new holiday biomes, in years to come wanted eggs will probably just be sitting there getting deleted due to forced limits.

Edit for forgetting a word.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I'm glad to see things have calmed down here, and I also like some of the other ideas folks have thrown out. I still stand by just making sure everyone has an opportunity to get both the pink and alt.  I'm not one of those people that is bothered by CB or not, nor lineages really, so I won't delve into debate on that. 

I, unfortunately, don't think we will see a resolution this year though, based on how things have been playing out.  I will cross my fingers in hoping I am wrong.

44 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

Since I woke up to a warning and a note to "be nice" or whatever I thought I'd start off by apologizing to everyone I may have hurt with my words yesterday. I'm truly sorry.

Now to add my 2 cents. I would not be against wider distribution.

However. No new CB alts! The CBs were meant to be GIFTS. To negate that by allowing CBs now...would be like someone taking back a gift they gave you years ago. Also allowing more CBs wouldnt be fair to those of us who have Sweetling CB quota in pink as we would have to decide which of our beloved babies got the axe (released) or if we didnt want cb alts at all. 

I am also against BSA that allows changing regulars into alts or vice versa. Without restrictions that is open for abuse with restrictions that again prevents people with CB pink quota from participating with CB alts.

I also am not a fan of a time based scenario as nott everyone can be online to get eggs at specific times. Meaning by default they could be locked to one sprite or the other.

I would prefer if they were like alt blacks/undines/vines...perhaps with a higher ratio to turn alt (due to being a once a year release) but I can see where that would be annoying/upsetting to people

Personally the "breed true but can influence eggs to alt or not" would be the best option. Might be a little hinky in the first year or two while pink scrollers tried to grab for alt sweet offspring in ap and trades. But that is about on par with the craziness of a NORMAL release so its doable. All in all I believe this is the best option.

I would also like to say a complete "HADES NO" to 4 CBs and/or new CBs. 

All of this of course hinges on input by Kila and/or TJ. Perhaps also on input from as many alt owners as possible (let us not forget....the alts are THEIR gift.)

AND if Kila decides that that is an acceptable compromise... I'd be content.

I never thought until this year I'd have a chance for any CB sweetlings anyway.... so IF the alt I could have was a bred alt, I for ONE would be content with that.

Edited by JavaTigress

Fun thing is, I don't remember old Holly owners (including those who got their Hollies by winning a lottery) being against releasing CB hollies for all the other users. And these were Hollies, rarest holiday dragons around (until this Christmas). Guys, aren't the holidays, y'know... for sharing and caring?

I'll be happy to have any alt Sweetling, that's for sure, because I didn't even dream of owning one. But... something in the discussion just rubs me the wrong way.

And for the breeding: if only the old Alt Sweets will remain black, and only they will breed black (or influence their offsprings black), it'll be the Holly problem all again (rare dragon = expensive = unique + available only once per year, as opposed to the prize dragons), which, as far as I understand, we're trying to move from. So I'm against it.

To be fair, I think only a minority is pitching that idea, and some I think aren’t even Alt owners! Regardless, even if it is a widespread view, I’m with you: if the far rarer Hollies returned without a hiccup, I don’t think there’s a compelling reason to make Alt Sweets the new watered down Holly 2.0. 

2 minutes ago, laertid said:

Fun thing is, I don't remember old Holly owners (including those who got their Hollies by winning a lottery) being against releasing CB hollies for all the other users. And these were Hollies, rarest holiday dragons around (until this Christmas). Guys, aren't the holidays, y'know... for sharing and caring?

I don't recall seeing any Alt Sweetling owners being against releasing CB Alts for everyone. Most of us (myself included) have been of the opinion that that would be great, as far as I have seen.  I know I would love to see Alt Sweets available to everyone. They are gorgeous, and I would love to have a much bigger breeding pool to continue my lines.

So, unless I missed something, I'm not sure where youre getting that idea from. The only thing I can see is alternate suggestions to that idea based on the belief (or fact, i have no idea anymore) that TJ/Kila do not want anymore CB Alts. Nothing to do with the Alt owners themselves.

4 minutes ago, Tiki G said:

I don't recall seeing any Alt Sweetling owners being against releasing CB Alts for everyone. Most of us (myself included) have been of the opinion that that would be great, as far as I have seen.  I know I would love to see Alt Sweets available to everyone. They are gorgeous, and I would love to have a much bigger breeding pool to continue my lines.

So, unless I missed something, I'm not sure where youre getting that idea from. The only thing I can see is alternate suggestions to that idea based on the belief (or fact, i have no idea anymore) that TJ/Kila do not want anymore CB Alts. Nothing to do with the Alt owners themselves.

Honestly Tiki G, this was my impression too.

I never had the idea that the alt owners as a group were against by and large.

The bigger concern was whether or not Kila would give permission for a wider distribution.

I'm one of the people who would be okay with bred-only alt sweetlings for all, so I should probably briefly speak up! :) I'd prefer it to the status quo as it at least allows people a chance at getting a sprite they really want (yes, at cost of messing up trading for a while, again - but perhaps also a stepping stone toward a better solution? However that might then look). That said, I do further prefer a solution where CBs also become available.

I don't know how many people share the feeling that it would be deeply hurtful to them if CBs were made available to all after these were initially gifts - if that is truly how a lot of alt owners feel (I didn't get that impression, but I just don't have the data), I wouldn't want to torpedo that, even if I personally don't understand the reasoning. Hence being OK with the bred-only idea.

But then, I'm also okay with the alt sweetling status quo, so I'm probably not that interesting a voice, anyway. :)

I wouldnt be against eventual raised amounts for CB holidays. But NOT this year...and definitely NOT for Sweetlings only.

I would rather bred alt sweets with an influenceable bsa be released first and then after a year or two the limits on ALL CB limiteds rraised by two (perhaps even more down the line). This way we pink owners wouldnt have to ditch our current CBs, the CBs grabbed cave wise would be grabbed as PINKS...and by then hopefully everyone would have an alt or two to use as influencer for what will be their new CB alt :3

1 hour ago, Tiki G said:

It was mostly answer to Vampyre's post above, I don't know if they own a black alt or not, for me it's pretty weird opinion either way. Maybe I'm just greedy or an anarchist or just "let's everybody have option to have anything" type. There are enough games with "super rare early released not obtainable now" things, even FR, for example (and yeah, I was there till opening, and I'll be totally okay with them re-releasing all the sprite familiars and such... ooh, imagine the drama!... oh, sorry, got distracted, ahem). DC is more into pure-collectable type. So we love it like this.

Sorry if I offended anyone, English isn't my native language, so something that sounds pretty normal and kinda joke-y in my language may sound a bit rude in English. I apologize.

Hope that we found some answer and the idea that will satisfy all of us, either way ^^

(Oh! Another idea! Let's turn ALL the Sweetlings completely another colour. Like. White. Or blue. No? No one? Just me? Okay... *hides under the table*)

Edited by laertid

I am very much in favour of a breed off scroll wiht an ability to influence the hatchling alt or pink(like pinks make/female influene) depeneding on what is needed (with no fail) this would allow lineages that can only be made one a year be made. although it would mean new owners of alts to wait, it should not be a problem. I might even be willibng to hook peope up wiht alts if neded.

Edited by Starscream

4 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

I would honestly be super not disappointed if my sweets just became purple axolotl children omg. 

??? I might be into some beverages but that doesn't make sense.... amd I missing something? I liek purple. let us all get purples.

Edited by Starscream

11 minutes ago, laertid said:

It was mostly answer to Vampyre's post above, I don't know if they own a black alt or not, for me it's pretty weird opinion either way. Maybe I'm just greedy or an anarchist or just "let's everybody have option to have anything" type. There are enough games with "super rare early released not obtainable now" things, even FR, for example (and yeah, I was there till opening, and I'll be totally okay with them re-releasing all the sprite familiars and such... ooh, imagine the drama!... oh, sorry, got distracted, ahem). DC is more into pure-collectable type. So we love it like this.

Sorry if I offended anyone, English isn't my native language, so something that sounds pretty normal and kinda joke-y in my language may sound a bit rude in English. I apologize.

Hope that we found some answer and the idea that will satisfy all of us, either way ^^

(Oh! Another idea! Let's turn ALL the Sweetlings completely another colour. Like. White. Or blue. No? No one? Just me? Okay... *hides under the table*)

Just to clarify my Sweet Wepi and his brother are of the PINK variety :3 So not an alt owner XD

I just am against releasing CB sweet alts without raising the limit (as then /I/ wouldnt be able to get them ...I am rather attached to my pink boys). I am also against upping the breed limit for this valentines as there are SOO MANY fighting in the vday biome already for Sweetling eggs...not fair to add the rest of the site to the mix. Also against raising the breed limit for Sweetlings only (raise it for all holiday limiteds or not at all.)

Also..I'd LOVE a blue valentines! We have too mamy pink and red ones as there is XD

I have mentioned raising limits before. It would be nice to see the raise apply to all holidays, not only Sweets. People have trouble with Aegises as is, and it's tough to have to choose for such a limited resource.

Off-topic, but we need more varied colors for Valentines in general. Pink is boring after a while.

4 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

I have mentioned raising limits before. It would be nice to see the raise apply to all holidays, not only Sweets. People have trouble with Aegises as is, and it's tough to have to choose for such a limited resource.

Off-topic, but we need more varied colors for Valentines in general. Pink is boring after a while.

Aegises wouldnt be so tough if it wasnt for their BSA. Which is why I am entirely against a BSA that affects adult sweets. It is also why I pretty much refuse to do anything with my Aegises...not even sure if I've bred mine? Lol

You must admit though. Pink and red are like the OFFICIAL colors of valentines XD I want a powder blue one now...with pink and purple hearts on it. I know, I'm strange. 

I'd have to vote for option A, making thing go back to the way they were. Doing as the spriter initially intended only seems right.

laertid joked about turning them all a different color so no one had alts pfft, i was only kidding.

although if u gave me a lilac sweetling with a skull and crossbone butt marking i would not object-

Making them all a color that no one previously had is at least an amusing nuclear-joke option, I'll give you that. :V Given how few male dragons are that shade of pink, though, I'd be a bit sad.

...Actually, I think that Pinks, Flamingos, and Sweets are the only dragons that can both be male and are roughly that soft pink shade; most of the rest are some combination of more intense, less saturated, or closer to purple or orange. Huh, never realized it because of all the same-pink females...

I would support raising the cb limit to 4 and allowing everyone to get both colors from the biome.  Folks could get 2/2, or 3/1, or 4 blacks or 4 pinks.  Of course waiting for them to hatch to see what you got would be a nightmare!  So maybe a limit of 2 pink and 2 black.

Lucere, I can't thank you enough for consolidating this into one post, it's so much easier to see what the proposed options are!

I ideally like Option B, #1, or Option A. I'm absolutely against coding the color to the scroll, I don't want to lose my Pinks, I prefer their color to the Alts. 

8 minutes ago, purpledragonclaw said:

Lucere, I can't thank you enough for consolidating this into one post, it's so much easier to see what the proposed options are!

I ideally like Option B, #1, or Option A. I'm absolutely against coding the color to the scroll, I don't want to lose my Pinks, I prefer their color to the Alts. 

I dont want to loose my pinks either...and I actually hate pink XD I've grown attached to my boys as they are though :3

18 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

I dont want to loose my pinks either...and I actually hate pink XD I've grown attached to my boys as they are though :3

*Nods* I get what you are saying... AND I am wondering if the thing could be done so as to leave any EXISTING sweetlings the color they are already?

Make some change to new ones but leave existing ones?

On 2/9/2018 at 11:35 AM, The Dragoness said:

I just wish they would breed true. Then everyone gets both sprites without having a CB of each color. CB alt Sweets remain special, as no one else can get them. There's no BSA to work out, no unfair rules, and everyone benefits. Don't want the other color? Don't grab them then.

Just my two cents :)

I vote for this. I'm fine with a subset of lucky users being the only ones to have CB black sweetlings, just like only some lucky users have CB prizes, but it's nice for everyone to at least be able to get their own bred ones.

10 minutes ago, tjekan said:

I vote for this. I'm fine with a subset of lucky users being the only ones to have CB black sweetlings, just like only some lucky users have CB prizes, but it's nice for everyone to at least be able to get their own bred ones.

I think the only problem with that, is, the number of prize owners is growing, and eventually they will balance out. The number of Alts owners, however, is only shrinking. I'd be worried about them being swamped by requests to breed alt Sweets, that they can only even breed once per year to begin with.