Event credits:

Story: birdzgoboom

Scroll Badges: PieMaster

News announcement graphic: Shajana

On-site announcement graphic : Shajana

Tetrominoes: Marrionetta, TCA

Board background: Shajana

Meters: Shajana

Thanks for the info Fiona! I really love the mental image of a beautiful flowing Garland draped across the landscape.

I always use Allure, Silvi's, and EATW for my dragons, and I've substituted Valley Sherwood since EATW has been down and it seems to work just as well.

Thanks @Fiona! Gosh, these are such cool dragons. So sad I gave to wait a whole year to get more!

Edited by LibbyLishly

Happy New Year's Eve, one and all! It's been another fun end-of-the-year holiday season at the Cave. Thanks for all the Dragony Goodness!

So I really like the Solstice dragon, but I can't believe it took me this long to notice this;

venolt_th.jpg

That back leg is wayyy too skinny. Even the other back leg that's supposed to be further away, and therefore smaller, is thicker than that.

14 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

So I really like the Solstice dragon, but I can't believe it took me this long to notice this;

venolt_th.jpg

That back leg is wayyy too skinny. Even the other back leg that's supposed to be further away, and therefore smaller, is thicker than that.

I think the leg is turned so the "front" is facing the viewer. But it does still look pretty skinny. 

Well it's designed to mimic a deer's and their legs are very skinny too. It's probably just the angle.

And in 4 mins HAPPY NEW YEAR EAST COAST

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! :wub:

I think those above me are correct in that the angle is what's making it seem so much thinner.

ALSO HAPPY NEW YEAR DRAGON CAVE!! :D :nyan:

Eh, I disagree that the angle alone would excuse the thinness. The calf and foot are still too thin. I can't find a picture with the perfect angle, but go google deer pictures.

Still my favorite Christmas dragon, but gonna be hard to unsee.

Happy New Year, everyone!!

Meanwhile, allow a bit of pointless flailing - a hard puzzle submitted 5 minutes after midnight, and the event bar is still at 0% for everything?  No fair!!! :(

You can't have Fireworks without Fire!

fireworks-animation-39.gif

Happy New Year!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all DragonCavers in all parts of the world!! Got about an hour and a half to go here, but I'm already hearing fireworks from the nearby school's field. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR! :nyan:

Had an amazing run this past year and I look forward to being here for many more years to come! Hope everyone is safe and having lots of fun this holiday, definitely stay warm! 

(also I've never commented much on the Garland dragons?? Shame on me XD) They're absolutely gorgeous and the alts are just as stunning. Many thanks to Fiona and Odeen, what a wonderful way to end the year with such a beautiful dragon! 

'Took a nap as it turned New Years here, but I am content that I was up when it turned New Years somewhere else. :P I hope DC and its community has a good New Year and just keeps getting better.

I'm usually awake until 1am or so here, so at exactly midnight I woke my mom up to tell her happy new year, then she promptly went back to sleep. And I discovered my dog does not like the sound of fireworks, poor baby. I think I'll squeeze in one more puzzle (for fire!!) before heading off to bed.

Happy New Year, everyone! May 2018 bring you love, warmth, and happiness. :nyan:

Happy New Year! May there be many more dragons, beautiful and ferocious, crossing our paths this new year!

So, about the puzzle game, I came to think of something...

I haven't really bothered to plead loyalty to any side, I need both fire and ice in my life, they compliment each other, and that made me think - would it be possible to score a perfect 50/50 tie on the mana meter? And what would happen?

1 hour ago, Ripan said:

Happy New Year! May there be many more dragons, beautiful and ferocious, crossing our paths this new year!

So, about the puzzle game, I came to think of something...

I haven't really bothered to plead loyalty to any side, I need both fire and ice in my life, they compliment each other, and that made me think - would it be possible to score a perfect 50/50 tie on the mana meter? And what would happen?

one side goes down as the other goes up. the bar would be empty.

Anyone else hoping we get to see what the bar will look like with fire winning?

I think I saw it turn red once, but the bar was only slightly filled in, so there was only a tiny bit of red.  I'd like to see what a solid red bar looks like.

10 minutes ago, reddof-f6 said:

one side goes down as the other goes up. the bar would be empty.

That doesn't seem to be true. The bar is either all red or all blue, depending on which side is ahead.

@Data_Girl_3 It has been red several times that I have seen, but always just after the bar reset after filling, so only the tip was colored. I wish we could get the whole bar to light up!

5 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

@Data_Girl_3 It has been red several times that I have seen, but always just after the bar reset after filling, so only the tip was colored. I wish we could get the whole bar to light up!

Yep.  Same here.  From the tiny bit I could see of the red bar, I think I like it better.

11 hours ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

venolt_th.jpg

I'm pretty sure it's just a deer thing:

stock-photo-deer-stag-walking-across-fie  flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg   dMG6Qs.jpg

Their hind legs are very flat from side to side, and can look suuuuuper skinny from certain angles!  Which, in fact...they are!

I will also keep on voting for fire, but I am afraid that too many people vote for ice just because they remember the previous games in which one side was cancelling the votes of the other side.  So they vote for whatever side is most likely to win because they want the progress bar to fill up faster.  The rules are different in this game, but apparently that was not clear enough.