Scroll Badges: PieMaster

News announcement graphic: Shajana

On-site announcement graphic : Shajana

Tetrominoes: Marrionetta, TCA

Board background: Shajana

Meters: Shajana

Message added by purpledragonclaw

12 minutes ago, Fabula said:

24 hours and a 1000 dragons renamed later...
I haven't seen Odeen's alt yet, where can you see it at? :)

I just went to her scroll when I saw someone mention it.

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

I just went to her scroll when I saw someone mention it.

Oh I didn't realize her scroll was visible/public! OMG that alt is gorgeous! :wub: Definitely my favorite of the Garland alts, though both are incredible. (And even the regular sprite, seriously love Garlands!)

28 minutes ago, Fabula said:

24 hours and a 1000 dragons renamed later...
I haven't seen Odeen's alt yet, where can you see it at? :)

She hasn't posted it yet but her scroll is visible. Her babies are safely hidden from view but still, don't be rude and bomb her.

I'd have thought that this would stay open while the game was done.  That's not for a few days.

But hey, happy new year anyway, everyone!

The Teams are busy meming each other and throwing images in Site Discussions to stave off the 15 min wait between puzzle if you want to join in!

Join us on the Fire side! We have cookies! And othe baked deliciousness! And hot cocoa!

I think I am getting worse at the puzzles.  I have been stuck on this one for 15 minutes and I am sure it is one I managed to complete yesterday.

image.png.669f310c625890623ffe477373eb05a4.png

26 minutes ago, FullMoonDreams said:

I think I am getting worse at the puzzles.  I have been stuck on this one for 15 minutes and I am sure it is one I managed to complete yesterday.

image.png.669f310c625890623ffe477373eb05a4.png

Maybe this list of completed puzzles will help?

-  A List of Completed Hard Puzzles by StarSea

On 12/29/2017 at 8:16 PM, StarSea said:

Just wanted to post it here that I've been working on making an album of hard puzzle solutions ;) I didn't realize that posting puzzle solutions on the forums was okay so I'll post it now :)
I haven't used imgur much before, but I just noticed if you hover over a link (imgur-specific link?) in an image description/comment, it'll show you a preview of the pic so I'm trying to edit all of my current images to help make it easier to find the puzzle that you've got.
https://imgur.com/a/ZolbQ
If you have solutions for piece combos not shown, please give me a holler + screenshot and I'll add it as soon as I see your post <3

(Good luck!)

The MC of the Holiday Story is adorable- though it seems they're not quite as well traveled as most of the DC population. :D

Particularly(small spoiler for day seven of the story ahead):

Spoiler

"...had seen many things that were beyond incredible, with his personal favorite discovery being a dragon "made out of pure magma." The idea of a dragon made out of magma boggled your mind-- how in the world could something like that even be alive? What a unique-sounding creature."

Meanwhile, we've got a bunch of users sitting surrounded by a posse of Magma's... :P 

I imagine you'd see more Magma dragons if you lived near a volcano or something.

Maybe it's foreshadowing?

Edited by Onakra

As if I need to see more Magma dragons. Always love when the Legendary Trio of dragons is mentioned in lore. Hopefully someday Fire Gems will?

10 hours ago, Tawa said:

I personally found the event a bit disappointing. The last years had such awesome activities. I liked the tetris puzzles the first day, but twelve days straight is just too much in my opinion. I hoped for a bit of variation. It doesn't need to be an interactive roleplay again, that has to be so much work, but this year just fell a bit short.

Maybe it is so we know how Snowa and Ansel feel from all the gifts Avery has been sending? :P

For me, I generally find the Valentines and Christmas events the most boring of the three. Halloween is the best because it also has the Trick-or-Treat sprites and generally the event is the most fun except for 2016's Minesweeper.

Fire is still at 49% to Ice's 51%. So close, yet apparently so far because it has been that way most of the day.

GO TEAM FIRE! We can do it!

Just now, SkyWolf25 said:

Were any information/art released for the Garlands by the spriters?

Yes please! I'm still bummed that I never saw any from the Omens. :(

Egads! Already?!?!  Eh.. yeah... been News Years about half a day already on the other side of the world... Still about 4 hours until DC time, though.

May you have a good New Year!

Edited by Nyxity

Additional Information about Garland Dragons:

They're very gentle creatures, spending most of their lives flying lazy loops in the sky or draped decoratively over evergreen boughs and along eaves.

Their green "garland" along their spine is modified dorsal fin, flexible, not stiff. Though they do eat normal small prey animals, the mainstay of their diet is mana absorbed through the green fins. They greatly prefer Life mana, but an abundance of any in a region will suffice. The berries are most often highly refined fire mana, and give gentle, comforting warmth to any who find one. They will gather in small groups in areas with higher than normal mana concentrations in the air, though they can be seen nearly anywhere. They appear to be oblivious to extremes of both hot and cold weather, though they're seen more often during the snowy months.

It is believed that they actively convert excess mana to fire mana, which is then deliberately dropped in the form of their berries. If one finds a nest made by one of these dragons they will find a layer of the mana berries lining the bottom, presumably to keep the eggs warm while the parent is away. These dragons are believed to be the source of the practice of decorating homes and trees with garlands made of evergreen boughs and holly berries or cranberries.

I'm still working on the encyclopedia information, so that will have more fun facts.

Thanks Fiona! Now Garlands seem much more interesting! I wish dragons were real... Then I could watch Garlands fly in loops! XD 

Ahh, I love the garlands even more now!

On another note, since EATW is still not working, what hatcheries do you people mostly put your critters on?