Story: birdzgoboom

Scroll Badges: PieMaster

News announcement graphic: Shajana

On-site announcement graphic : Shajana

Tetrominoes: Marrionetta, TCA

Board background: Shajana

Meters: Shajana

A very late merry Christmas!

I have only now seen the adult form of the new dragons and they are so beautiful <3

Though it took me a while to remember again how the release with the new holiday biome works. I still haven't gotten used to it :'D

I personally found the event a bit disappointing. The last years had such awesome activities. I liked the tetris puzzles the first day, but twelve days straight is just too much in my opinion. I hoped for a bit of variation. It doesn't need to be an interactive roleplay again, that has to be so much work, but this year just fell a bit short.

I do try to contribute to the event though and regularly help filling up the meter for team fire ;)

Edited by Tawa

Welcome to Team Fire, new friends! Make sure to drop into the team lodge for hot cocoa, cookies, and inspiring music and memes!

I keep submitting hard puzzles for Ice since day one. I even tried to make a banner XD  Of course, it's far from perfect, but I think it's better than nothing.

image.gif and image.gif

Go Team Ice! =D

23 minutes ago, Laliana said:

I keep submitting hard puzzles for Ice since day one. I even tried to make a banner XD  Of course, it's far from perfect, but I think it's better than nothing.

image.gif and image.gif

Go Team Ice! =D

Those banners look great, but FIRE RULES!!!

36 minutes ago, Laliana said:

image.gif and image.gif

Go Team Ice! =D

how do i get one of those ice banners?  team ice!

Just now, greycat said:

how do i get one of those ice banners?  team ice!

Right click --> "Copy image link". Then paste it in your signature =3

2 minutes ago, Shinigami_Ryuuka said:

the adult dragon looks rather simple but I love it nonetheless <3

Simple but elegant, I think. :)

2 hours ago, Tawa said:

I personally found the event a bit disappointing. The last years had such awesome activities. I liked the tetris puzzles the first day, but twelve days straight is just too much in my opinion. I hoped for a bit of variation. It doesn't need to be an interactive roleplay again, that has to be so much work, but this year just fell a bit short.

Yeah, I feel the same.  I mean, I don't want to complain -- this whole game is free, and I adore it: the dragons, the holidays, the forum!  And I've never had any complaint about any other Holiday event since I joined 6 years ago or so.  But this one is a little too simple and limited for me.

I wish I could sit down at my computer and spend some time playing the Holiday event, but the way it's set up now, I do a puzzle in 30 seconds and have to wait 15 minutes before I can do anything else.  So I can't really pass the time playing, when I have a free hour or two.  You know?  I feel like every other Holiday event we've had, you could sit down and play for a chunk of time -- either rotating between mini-games, or else decorating and re-decorating to your heart's content, or sending flowers or letters or packages to other players.  This year feels like the first time that there's nothing to DO. 

On the other hand, the story is darling, and I'm enjoying reading it as it unfolds!  And the game itself looks lovely.  I only wish there were more to it; but I'm very happy with what we do have!

1 minute ago, Kelkelen said:

I wish I could sit down at my computer and spend some time playing the Holiday event, but the way it's set up now, I do a puzzle in 30 seconds and have to wait 15 minutes before I can do anything else.  So I can't really pass the time playing, when I have a free hour or two.  You know?  I feel like every other Holiday event we've had, you could sit down and play for a chunk of time -- either rotating between mini-games, or else decorating and re-decorating to your heart's content, or sending flowers or letters or packages to other players.  This year feels like the first time that there's nothing to DO. 

On the other hand, the story is darling, and I'm enjoying reading it as it unfolds!  And the game itself looks lovely.  I only wish there were more to it; but I'm very happy with what we do have!

Very much this! We've kind of made the game bigger just within the forum community by yelling a lot about team spirit, but it's not the same as having a proper activity to spend what chunks of time I might have on.

I am really loving the story though.

Decorating event next year? Yes please? Or bring back mana alchemy??

How is Team Ice always just barely winning? Also, was there any other info beyond the snippet about mana berries posted for the Garlands? I really like reading about new breeds. 

15 hours ago, DragonNeko said:

I just saw Odeen's alt sprite! Oh. My. GOODNESS!! It is absolutely GORGEOUS!! I'd love to have one of those on my scroll.

My jaw dropped when I saw those. Well done. I hope to be able to try and get young from those.

I wonder if the ones that Fiona BlueFire look the same. Someone please tell me.

Edti: In the meantine, thank you to the both of you for creating another amazing dragon for us to love.

Edited by warriorjames
Add Thanks

I agree that it would be a bit more fun if we could spend more time on the game... Although doing the same puzzles over and over can get tedious anyway, the 15-minute wait after every single one just makes it sort of more annoying then anything else.

I think it would help if the user got something out of doing the puzzle rather than just filling the bar.

Like with Mana Alchemy, we got send presents to people with what we collected as well as get the story.

Here we are only getting the story. And getting bored in between waits.

Like it would be cool if we got to send stuff to each other based on what we submitted. Like Snow Cones and Hoat Cocoa.

10 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Like it would be cool if we got to send stuff to each other based on what we submitted. Like Snow Cones and Hoat Cocoa.

Aw man, that would have been brilliant. 

As it is, we'll just keep posting images of hot chocolate for everyone to enjoy. ;)

fdbc00da8b17e9e905d1a49bf8a57660--cosy-winter-winter-night.jpg.b922e106aeef9647ca5056e78bf917a9.jpg

3 hours ago, Laliana said:

image.gif and image.gif

Go Team Ice! =D

Ah! Finally! Banners!

On 12/29/2017 at 11:45 PM, Fiona said:

@warriorjames - here ^^ is the link Fiona Posted to her beauty back a couple of pages ago. It's incredible, as is Odeen's Alt. The primary sprite is just as breathtaking, IMO.

Thank you, TJ and event spriters, for the event, and @Odeen & @Fiona for the absolutely lovely dragons! This is my favorite yet. :wub:

I hadn't seen Odeen's but yes, that is beautiful too.  I do like Fiona's best though - those colours are just gorgeous.  I am hoping she will one day breed it with a daydream dragon and that I might one day get a daydream with that alt in the lineage. 

And Fire at 49%.  Highest I have seen it.  Go Team Fire!