Story: birdzgoboom

Scroll Badges: PieMaster

News announcement graphic: Shajana

On-site announcement graphic : Shajana

Tetrominoes: Marrionetta, TCA

Board background: Shajana

Meters: Shajana

9 minutes ago, Gryphonic said:

There were a few, they just only showed one or two at a time behind the Garland eggs. 

I mean, I saw the Christmas hatchies behind the Garland wall, but I didn't see any non-Christmas hatchies. 

Edited by Forest

Whoa. :blink: I clicked a gendered Khusa hatchling in the AP. It immediately grew up! And what's more, it was a CB female, exactly what I needed to complete my scroll goal for Khusa dragons! XD

Only the second time in 8 years that I've seen the end of the holiday wall.  Still really neat. B)  Glad I hung on & managed to stay up for it.

I have missed the end of the Christmas wall, but I've never seen the eggs in the AP this low. This is great! Sometimes even an uncommon or rare comes by :P

I'm just sad to see some of the messy holiday dragons I had picked up, hatched and re-abandoned getting released into the wild. If you don't like a dragon, then just give it back to the AP, someone will gladly take good care of it!

OMG I just looked at the Adult and I have to say WOW the Artists have outdone themselves this year!!! Wow is that pretty!!!! 

21 minutes ago, Chococat0815 said:

I have missed the end of the Christmas wall, but I've never seen the eggs in the AP this low. This is great! Sometimes even an uncommon or rare comes by :P

I'm just sad to see some of the messy holiday dragons I had picked up, hatched and re-abandoned getting released into the wild. If you don't like a dragon, then just give it back to the AP, someone will gladly take good care of it!

Possibly some of the hatchies got past 4 days in the ap and they grew up wild. No one's fault, just spent too much time out there.

Is it safe to assume concerns for viewbombing is over? I don't have to fog common eggs/hatchlings while sleeping?

Could be. Haven’t noticed much talk of needing to fog or random sickness / viewbombings, so it is likely it’s safe to now.

@Condorflight That's what I was thinking but I wanted to be sure before going to bed. ^.^ Thanks for the answer! I'm pretty sure it's safe now myself. And I've yet to hear any problems concerning the hatcheries I use, just EATW which I think is still down.

56 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

Possibly some of the hatchies got past 4 days in the ap and they grew up wild. No one's fault, just spent too much time out there.

Unfortunately, I don't think that's what happened, they all had above 5 days left.

So hunting for good stuff in the post holiday AP.  am I the only one having trouble remembering which egg is which?  There are too many eggs from this past year or two that I don't remember what they are so it's like "hey that's new! what is it? Do I want it? oh, someone else already got it so I guess I don't"  /sigh.

Also need to stop clicking every Aria I see.  :rolleyes:  Trying to get things I don't have, and army or not, aria's are easy all the time.  lol

I love post-release/holiday walls.  It's about the only time I ever manage to get hatchie locked. :D

I think this is a really beautiful dragon, and by far one of my favorites. It looks peaceful and calm and it fits completely with Christmas.

Yay! I'm glad there are still hatchable eggs on the AP! I love the post holiday low-time eggs! Though I tend to hatch and toss back for people to find has hatchies :P

I like seeing the low eggs in the AP too. Only problem is that I am now locked again.  I had five hatchlings grow up overnight and grabbed four white and a daydream from the AP.  I realised during the viewbombing I was rather low on whites to ward my eggs. Now they are all hatched and I have another six hours of being locked before I can grab any more. 

Hahahaaa, I read through all the salt from last night. :P Makes me want to spend my time during the next Valentine's drop catching and abandoning as many CBs to the AP as I can, tbh. I won't, because I have better things to do with my time, but I support the new release wall.

It was really nice to wake to to a chapter epilogue and new chapter this morning! Hopefully we can stay on top that now.

10 hours ago, Condorflight said:

If so, I'm grabbing all the Omen Wyrms I can next Halloween. Love them.

Same, those Halloween dragons are breath-taking. Any they work with so many breeds. 

Btw, I love the Timaeus gif in your sig. That was always my fav season of Yugioh. :wub:

I hadn't realised there had been so much drama last night.  What a fuss over a wall of eggs that has gone now anyway so didn't break DC, just like every other wall hasn't broken the cave. 

Should I admit that one Valentine's Day I accidentally dropped a new CB egg to the AP when I meant to drop something else?  Horror of horrors, I must have contributed to that end of event wall so how can I live with myself?  /end sarcasm.

Code hunters, accidental drops, etc combined with the sheer number of players will mean there is always a wall of some sort when these events are winding down.  Even if a small group of people DID have malicious intentions in releasing CB eggs to the AP, the waiting period before dropping would mean there wasn't a great deal they could add anyway.  Even if someone was online for the entire event, grabbing and dropping to the AP immediately they were able to do so, they couldn't release enough to even fill the AP once. 

The AP wall isn't something I feel needs to be fixed and is all part of the game. 

Event credits:

Story: birdzgoboom

Scroll Badges: PieMaster

News announcement graphic: Shajana

On-site announcement graphic : Shajana

Tetrominoes: Marrionetta, TCA

Board background: Shajana

Meters: Shajana

That one is the fire Meter:

full_by_nyriana-dbxikfi.png

empty_by_nyriana-dbxikg7.png

Edited by Shajana

These are lovely. Thank you so much for all the work that you have out into writing the story and creating the game and meter and badge.

Artists, you did a fantastic job, and birdz, I'm really enjoying the story. :) Thanks for all your hard work!

I woke up to hunt around 5:30 and there were no more holiday eggs to be found...Well, I did get a wayward wrapping wing. I'm also super glad that I slept through the utter salt. I spoke to a user who was bedridden and unable to hunt until the last day because they were so sick. I have seen other users post about being sick. My own family members are currently hospitalized with the flu and we are dealing with other family concerns. Other users have posted about snow and many people are still traveling. I saw a post last night from someone who missed the drop and was ready to trade. So, yes, it is absolutely possible to miss 3 days of eggs in the cave for something other than laziness or because we look forward to "ruining everyone's AP hunting." I'm glad there was a holiday wall. It's nothing new and I didn't have to use it, but I'm happy that users who missed out were able to catch what they needed. 

Unrelated, but I'm looking forward to more info on the garlands.

DC wouldn't be DC if someone didn't get their knickers in a knot over each and every release and event. It's what we do best! :lol:

Seriously all the fuss last night was much ado about nothing. I suspect most of the wall of eggs were not even dropped with the intent of giving people who missed the drop a chance. More likely it was code hunters abandoning eggs when they found something with a better code. I have often done it to get Z coded eggs, but with these holiday releases I have come to realize that once things have calmed down a bit from the first few hours, there is plenty of time when the biomes move slowly enough to cherry-pick codes.

But seriously, belittling people who missed the drop and those who left eggs out there for them, just because YOU got your eggs and are ready to move on? There are plenty of legitimate reasons why people may not be able to get here within the 3 day drop window. Just because you have never been in that situation, don't assume that anyone who misses the drop is lazy, irresponsible and whatever other words were being thrown about. Have a little compassion, folks! It is Christmas, after all.

I love the hatchies and I can't wait to see what the adults will look like.