Story: birdzgoboom

Scroll Badges: PieMaster

News announcement graphic: Shajana

On-site announcement graphic : Shajana

Tetrominoes: Marrionetta, TCA

Board background: Shajana

Meters: Shajana

Message added by purpledragonclaw

The bar does seem to be moving faster today! It's at 44% now, I'm pretty sure it was much lower then that this time yesterday. Just contributed a medium puzzle, but these 15 minute waits are killer. I honestly totally forget to check back in every 15 minutes.

The bar is moving quicker.  I don't think it was even at 40% when I logged off last night.  I have another 7 mins before I can submit another hard to the fire total. 

*drums fingers on table waiting*  .... despite there being so much other stuff I could do while I am waiting for the timer to run down. 

I've been submitting hard puzzles for team fire when I remember, but I have yet to see the bar turn red. Come on, team fire XD

I've done naming dragons, so I'm alternating between submitting puzzles and working a real jigsaw puzzle, heh.

I'm also playing hard puzzles for team Fire.  I'd love to see the bar red before the event finishes!

Naming! That's what I need to do! Haven't named any of my new holidays (except the two placeholders for my Garlands). 

I have spent most of my DC time the last two days naming over 600 dragons.  I always tell myself I won't let myself get so far behind again yet each time there seems to be even more unnamed than last time I was catching up.

@Dragon_Arbock and others who dislike holiday AP dumping, may I ask why the AP dumping is so unnecessary? 

Just to help my understanding of the issue:

Breeding for all Holidays starts December 19 at 00:00 AM  and ends December 25 at 23:59 PM. Also, as of Dec 2017, the Holiday Biome opened to rerelease CB versions of previous Holiday dragons during the same period.

The First release of New Holidays eggs are available from Dec 25 at 00:00 AM to Dec 28 at 00:00 AM. There is a 2 CB holiday dragon limit (grown and/or frozen) for every player including the new release and older rereleases.

Due to this, any wall of new holiday eggs will appear only after all the older bred holiday eggs are gone with holiday hatchlings appearing after the new holiday wall remits. Low time normal eggs appear in the AP after that with any abandoned normal eggs bred at least by Dec 19 dying in the AP due to Holiday Priority in the AP.

The AP Holiday wall (including bred and cb holiday dragons) can last for days after breeding has ended. This year's wall lasted Dec 26, 00:00 EST until Dec 29 around 4:XX EST. The new Holiday egg wall lasted from around 23:XX EST on Dec 28 to around 3:XX EST on Dec 29.

Bred holidays will be available next year, and as of Dec 2017, older holiday dragons will be rereleased in the Holiday Biome. Normal AP eggs happens all year round with low time eggs sporadically occuring throughout the year and more commonly around new dragon releases, being the most available during Valentines/ Halloween/ Holiday dragon releases due to AP Hoilday priority.

Given all these general guidlines abot DC, what is your concern about Holiday AP Dumping that is making this an important issue for you? I genuinely do not understand your concern, and want to know your opinion.

For me, AP dumping seems to be a pretty mild thing meant to help others, and may last some hours. You obviously dont agree.

I think the real "issue" is that some people couldn't grab ER eggs since the wall was there and they had to go to sleep. Honestly though, I'm still laughing about the silliness of it all.

1 minute ago, Shokomon said:

@Dragon_Arbockand others who dislike holiday AP dumping, may I ask why the AP dumping is so unnecessary? 

Just to help my understanding of the issue:

1.  Holiday eggs drop for 3 days, constantly, without lag from prior years

2.  Past holidays are now available if you miss them

3.  Normal eggs/hatchies die behind this wall because holidays are prioritized in the AP

1 minute ago, Karobb said:

1.  Holiday eggs drop for 3 days, constantly, without lag from prior years

2.  Past holidays are now available if you miss them

3.  Normal eggs/hatchies die behind this wall because holidays are prioritized in the AP

1 you sure on that no lag thing. what about those with crummy internet?

2 for now, we still don't know if its permanent or will dissapere after valentines day.

3 oh boy, those pixel eggs that are so easily replaced every other time of the year are gone. :dry:

I saw lots of lag through the entire event. At least I did, lol.

Nice job @Marie19R!

Edited by Condorflight

2 minutes ago, reddof-f6 said:

Yup, I remember struggling a few years back getting Halloween eggs due to severe lag (actually decided to skip that drop altogether due to frustration), this year with the same exact computer and same exact internet it literally took me less than 1 minute to get both of my eggs

Just now, Condorflight said:

I saw lots of lag through the entire event. At least I did, lol.

same, clicking eggs took a minute or 2 before i found out it was taken or caught.

4 hours ago, reddof-f6 said:

you sure on that no lag thing. what about those with crummy internet?

Exactly - I was at my mom's, she lives in the middle of nowhere and the lag was brutal, plus I only had my phone to connect with. I did get my Xmas eggs but it was a struggle, LOL

Edited by Laura-Borealis
eh

8 minutes ago, reddof-f6 said:

2 for now, we still don't know if its permanent or will dissapere after valentines day.

3 oh boy, those pixel eggs that are so easily replaced every other time of the year are gone. :dry:

We know it's permanent- Starscream confirmed it,

@Shokomon Disabling the use of a site feature for 99% of the users isn't a bad thing?

Thank you TJ and Spriters and everyone for this first class and fun event. Thank you and Happy Holidays to all the people involved.

Story: birdzgoboom

Scroll Badges: PieMaster

News announcement graphic: Shajana

On-site announcement graphic : Shajana

Tetrominoes: Marrionetta

Board background: Shajana

Meters: Shajana

It is a sensational, first class event. :)  And a lot of fun.

1 minute ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

@Shokomon Disabling the use of a site feature for 99% of the users isn't a bad thing?

call it what it really is, a minor inconvenience for maybe 3 days. the ap clogs and clears every year.

people are getting so huffy over missing a couple regular hunting days out of an entire year. like really? do you panic on something like forgetting coffee in the morning to?

CV7cBP8WsAcybXf.jpg

3 minutes ago, reddof-f6 said:

call it what it really is, a minor inconvenience for maybe 3 days. the ap clogs and clears every year.

people are getting so huffy over missing a couple regular hunting days out of an entire year. like really? do you panic on something like forgetting coffee in the morning to?

CV7cBP8WsAcybXf.jpg

The only people getting huffy are the pro wall builders, the rest of us are being quite logical and non-emotional

Far be it from me to suggest people can not do as they please to feel better about themselves, regardless of whether it is miss placed altruism

28 minutes ago, FullMoonDreams said:

I have spent most of my DC time the last two days naming over 600 dragons.  I always tell myself I won't let myself get so far behind again yet each time there seems to be even more unnamed than last time I was catching up.

Are you me?? :lol:   I do the same, name them all, swear I will never get so far behind again... and then time goes by, I use the unnamed sort option and realize it has happened again. :huh:

12 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

Actually, what Starscream said was "I am pretty sure this is going to be staying." That is the only post I can find of theirs that would support the holiday biome returning, and someone being "pretty sure" is not the same as 100% confirmation. Unless and until TJ himself makes a statement about it, everyone is just speculating. And even if the plan is for it to return, plans can and do change. 

Just now, Karobb said:

The only people getting huffy are the pro wall builders, the rest of us are being quite logical and non-emotional

Far be it from me to suggest people can not do as they please to feel better about themselves, regardless of whether it is miss placed altruism

so everything would be better for everybody if people just never dropped CBs or CB holidays ever again right?

absolutely no one, on an entire site of 1000+ users, benefits from the small inconvenient wall?

2 minutes ago, jocosa said:

Are you me?? :lol:   I do the same, name them all, swear I will never get so far behind again... and then time goes by, I use the unnamed sort option and realize it has happened again. :huh:

I am naming all my holidays but I should go back and name all the unnamed ones..... I hope I don't have 600 of them.