Event credits:

Story: birdzgoboom

Scroll Badges: PieMaster

News announcement graphic: Shajana

On-site announcement graphic : Shajana

Tetrominoes: Marrionetta, TCA

Board background: Shajana

Meters: Shajana

Also, regarding the game, does anyone else want to try an 8x10 one, like the one that is showing the various blocks on the currently releasing page of the dragon cave wiki?

For the hard puzzles, it helps if you know which combinations can make rectangles. That way you can just keep reloading the pieces and you can tell if a puzzle is easily solvable just by glancing at the pieces. 

My strategy is based around a simple discovery. If you have only 1/4 of the screen left to fill, (which is a 3x4 rectangle) if you have a box piece and two L's, doesn't matter if it's a blue L or a red L, you can always win.

So, all you have to do is reload the pieces until you have at least one box and a LOT of L's.

Look at the picture below. In my pieces remaining, I have a box and two L's. It can be one red L and a blue L, or two reds or two blues. Doesn't matter. I can always win. Try it out! :)

IMG_20171227_232935.jpg

I think I just had the easiest hard one ever.  Four red Ls, four green Ls, two blue squares and two purple lines. My OCD liked that one too. 

3 minutes ago, tkt1780 said:

For the hard puzzles, it helps if you know which combinations can make rectangles. That way you can just keep reloading the pieces and you can tell if a puzzle is easily solvable just by glancing at the pieces. 

My strategy is based around a simple discovery. If you have only 1/4 of the screen left to fill, (which is a 3x4 rectangle) if you have a box piece and two L's, doesn't matter if it's a blue L or a red L, you can always win.

So, all you have to do is reload the pieces until you have at least one box and a LOT of L's.

Look at the picture below. In my pieces remaining, I have a box and two L's. It can be one red L and a blue L, or two reds or two blues. Doesn't matter. I can always win. Try it out! :)

IMG_20171227_232935.jpg

Ugh, now I'm tempted to try the hard puzzle, again. As this visual and your description helped quite a bit. Whhhhyyyyyyyy did you have to do this to me?! :angry:

(Thanks! :)  )

Yeah, getting almost all Ls seems to be the easiest. I hate the puzzles that give me like 3 of the zig-zags, those are harder for me to figure out.

Just named a beautifully messy and inbred 29th-gen Snow Angel. *bounces* Naming gives me a chance to go through all the lineages, it's fun!

Wouldn't be a DC Christmas without copious amounts of salt.

I was one of the people who didn't even realise there was an AP wall because it lasted for such a short time. That very fact shows that the eggs were actually wanted. If it was only such a tiny percentage of DC users that had missed the original drops, would the wall disappear so quickly? The number of users online at any given time are only a small sample of the total DC member pool, yet during those 4 hours there were enough people online who still needed CB eggs to make the wall disappear. For the record I'd be in favour of an extra AP line for non-holiday eggs (or even a separate AP page if it's not too much strain on the site, I believe that was suggested somewhere too). But the situation hardly seemed like enough of a problem to warrant all the snark in this thread.

On a brighter note, I'm quite enjoying the event puzzles, it's a challenge to see if I can finish every hard one I come across without skipping. Unfortunately I accidentally clicked away 2 or 3 times though...ruined my own perfect record!

go team ice

There will always be the salty people no matter where you go huh, i totally missed that wall i wish i'd seen it! Even if it helped one person it is worth to me. There is way more to do other than stay on DC all day getting your eggs or whatever, go wash the dishes, walk your dog or somethin'

I'm still in the process of reading back through this thread and clearing out reports, so I'll leave this note while I work on it.

I don't want to lock this thread down, but the rudeness I'm seeing here over an AP wall that is now gone is completely unnecessary. We now have a thread in Site Discussion to discuss this, so I want that conversation moved out of this thread and into that one. If this thread continues to discuss the AP wall in a rude and disrepectful manner I will lock it down; discussing the wall with reason and compassion is one thing, personal attacks, and attacking in general, are another.

1 minute ago, Shadowdrake said:

For those still stuck on puzzles, here's a bunch  of easy piece combinations that make rectangles:

unknown.png

Do you mind if I post this to the fire thread? It would be helpful! 

35 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

Jesus are you REALLY that addicted to the pixels that you cant go do household chores/read a book/etc for a few hours while the ap clears out? 

Also...99% of the users? If that is so why do I only see about 5 users, including yourself, whining? Are you saying dc is only played by 6 people?!? 

I like hunting the ap wall...once it becomes a wall of stuff I dont want/ cant grab I go to bed/read a book/play other online games/hunt cbs. Heck last night I managed to grab the first cb copper id seen in ages! I play on a mobile phone so managing that cb copper was a nice surprise. 

Besides who cares if you cant hunt ap for a day or two? Its not like you wont ever be able to hunt it again. I mean seriously we have 3 holiday drops a year ...thats what maybe 2 days tops of limited cb breed walls. Out of 365 days I think you can find something to do for TWO DAYS and be HAPPY and THANKFUL that we get such lovely dragons and enjoyable events. If you dont like it? Grab what holiday eggs you want and then take a dang break because you seemingly need one.

I see more people complaining that actual people who have said that the AP block has helped them. And there's all of maybe 20 active forum users on DC who post more than once a month. So yes.

And the AP wall caused me to miss a chance at hatchlings- I had to sleep because of the wall.

And I'm not thankful that people think they know what's best for everyone on here. Stop messing up the game for everyone by interfering.

1 minute ago, Shokomon said:

Do you mind if I post this to the fire thread? It would be helpful! 

Feel free to post it :)

7 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

For those still stuck on puzzles, here's a bunch  of easy piece combinations that make rectangles:

unknown.png

Thank you for this!  Opening this and the other tip post in a second window to keep next to my puzzle tab. I can do this! Probably. :lol:

Also, here are the three combinations that use one box + two Ls that allow my strategy to work. It doesn't matter what color the Ls are, because they will always fit together.

IMG_20171229_161552.jpg

IMG_20171229_161532.jpg

IMG_20171229_161515.jpg

15 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

Feel free to post it :)

Thank you!

Edit: 

1 minute ago, tkt1780 said:

Also, here are the three combinations that use one box + two Ls that allow my strategy to work. It doesn't matter what color the Ls are, because they will always fit together.

IMG_20171229_161552.jpg

IMG_20171229_161532.jpg

IMG_20171229_161515.jpg

Eyyy, more strategies! Can I post this to the Team Fire thread as well?

Edited by Shokomon

2 minutes ago, tkt1780 said:

As a fellow soldier of fire, I don't see why not :)

NICE! Thank you!

1 minute ago, Fabula said:

Ahh I'm so happy my Garland babies grow up tonight!! :D

Oh my goodness, are we to that point already? :blink: Time has flown.

Ok, just submitted a puzzle to the fire side. Now, can I get the dishes washed in the 15 minute cooldown time? *rushes off*

I can't wait for my Garlands to grow up. I want to breed them with everything on my scroll. :lol: They look good with so many different things.