Event credits:

Story: birdzgoboom

Scroll Badges: PieMaster

News announcement graphic: Shajana

On-site announcement graphic : Shajana

Tetrominoes: Marrionetta, TCA

Board background: Shajana

Meters: Shajana

This thread is becoming the saltiest thing I've ever taken in.
And I've eaten a big tub of salt once!

My girlfriend, who is visiting family that kept her very busy and she's disabled with a condition that makes it hard for her to sit at a computer for long periods of time and occasionally she can't even use a phone to access DC, was unable to pick the dragons up during the Christmas days. Thanks to this wall she was able to get her two dragons.

I'm not trying to fuel this... discussion one way or the other, just pointing out that I at least am grateful she was able to get her dragons very easily because of this wall. So that's all I wanted to say.

5 minutes ago, Karobb said:

Hey it makes a few people think they are "helping" others, so yeah happy for them!  Sad for everyone else who had to go to sleep and miss any er non holiday eggs behind this wall, but heck those people do not count!

And on the flip side, there are people in timezones that wouldn't have gotten to see the er non holidays behind the wall, but will wake up to it now. 

Wow, people really need to calm down about this AP wall - sure, I was planning on catching the last of the old holidays and this got delayed by the unexpected wall, but it's really not the end of the world here. Like @Shadowdrake said, add low time eggs to the ER sites and they'll hatch and clear from the AP soon - I hope we get to see a wall of Garland hatcies. :)

And also a big thank you to the spriters and TJ for a lovely new dragon!

Edited by stagazer_7

Honestly I kinda wish I had something like family or a gf that actually lives near me to take me away from the cave on holidays... but I'm a loser with no life so here I am.

Well I've officially become too tired/sick to concentrate on the puzzle game, so I guess it's time for bed. Night all! 

2 minutes ago, DorkJulian said:

This thread is becoming the saltiest thing I've ever taken in.
And I've eaten a big tub of salt once!

You just brighten my night, thanks I think we all needed a good laugh!

1 minute ago, tkt1780 said:

It's not a big deal. Be patient.

It is not a big deal, but try to convince anyone it is unnecessary to continue the practice!   This is not an accidental wall!

Edited by Karobb

25 minutes ago, TheScorpionKing said:

Where are all these people then, the ones with no internet access, and family obligations? The ones who couldn't take two minutes to grab two eggs. Why aren't they picking up the eggs now?

Because it's 2:38 AM and they're sleeping? Which is what I should be doing.

1 minute ago, Karobb said:

It not a big deal, but try to convince anyone it is unnecessary to continue the practice!   This is not an accidental wall!

I'm sure it's not, Christmas dragons are very easy to grab (as they should be) and those who deliberately released Garlands most likely thought they were helping by dropping extras to the AP and in some cases they did as there are probably some people who for whatever reason couldn't grab them from the Cave. I do feel that with the new Holiday biome such practice has become completely unnecessary as even those who miss out on the CB's this year can easily get them next time they drop. I also hope TJ won't think that 3 day drops are too long because of it (and the negative backlash to the AP wall) and shorten them.

Ah, there are a few things you can always count on at Christmas time. Politics making the family dinner awkward, Christmas songs being played to absolute death, and a salt mine of drama on Dragon Cave. Nice to know that the addition of the holiday biome hasn't damaged tradition. :rolleyes:

The eggs are already from Dec 27th so I'm sure the wall will be gone soon. So no worries! :)

This is sort of funny, actually.  Always nice to end the night on funny DC drama :>

At least the biomes are back and ready to be snatched up once again! I've seen lots of nice CBs go through the biomes today. 

Edited by Condorflight

I grabbed the name "Holiday Corruption" (it fit with a certain Holly's parents name) so I can trot him out every year. 

Edited by DorkJulian
English is hard

I think there will be a garland hatchie wall too.

I also think it would be nice to have 3 AP lines for holiday dragons to go in and 3 more lines at the bottom for regular eggs to go in...or maybe 4 holiday lines and 2 regular...then people can hunt what they want and eggs/hatchies dont sit in the backlog and die every holiday that comes up.

Just now, Zylara said:

I think there will be a garland hatchie wall too.

I also think it would be nice to have 3 AP lines for holiday dragons to go in and 3 more lines at the bottom for regular eggs to go in...or maybe 4 holiday lines and 2 regular...then people can hunt what they want and eggs/hatchies dont sit in the backlog and die every holiday that comes up.

I think that during the breeding week, one line of non-holidays along the bottom would be nice. And then maybe up it when the breeding week is over

Just now, AppleMango said:

I think that during the breeding week, one line of non-holidays along the bottom would be nice. And then maybe up it when the breeding week is over

People have been asking for that for a long time, but who knows? With all the other stuff TJ has been changing lately, maybe he'll do that eventually if people keep bringing it up!

1 minute ago, Fabula said:

Wow did anyone see? :D The global bar is at 98%! We're way ahead of where we were last night at this time.

HA, see the AP wall did help xD!

2 minutes ago, Fabula said:

Wow did anyone see? :D The global bar is at 98%! We're way ahead of where we were last night at this time.

I just put in a hard puzzle and it went up to 99%. 8D

And yep, we were all bored as crap so just decided to go ahead and play the repetitive puzzles!

Also eggs in the AP are up to 5d 6hrs. Something's happening. May not be fast enough for some people, but it's happening.

Edited by DorkJulian

2 minutes ago, DorkJulian said:

I just put in a hard puzzle and it went up to 99%. 8D

Eh, me too, but it didnt move!

Just now, Karobb said:

Eh, me too, but it didnt move!

I was just lucky and the "points" my puzzle gave were part of the final push to make it go up to 99%. It'll probably stay at 99% for another hour or something knowing the global bar.

6 minutes ago, DorkJulian said:

Also eggs in the AP are up to 5d 6hrs. Something's happening. May not be fast enough for some people, but it's happening.

Saw a winter magi hatchling and an aegis one, so more hatchlings (and non-holidays) should be coming around soon even if it's hard to tell.

Edited by tigryonak
And a holly, so prospects look good lol

1 minute ago, tigryonak said:

Saw a winter magi hatchling and an aegis one, so more hatchlings (and non-holidays) should be coming around soon even if it's hard to tell.

Yep, just saw some hollies and solstices, too. It's a bit too much to be a tease...

EDIT:  Or not...

Edited by DorkJulian