Story: birdzgoboom

Scroll Badges: PieMaster

News announcement graphic: Shajana

On-site announcement graphic : Shajana

Tetrominoes: Marrionetta, TCA

Board background: Shajana

Meters: Shajana

3 hours ago, MoonShark said:

So, I've not been very active for a long time. Still trying to catch up on naming all of my dragons (449 to go!)

I picked up my Hollies and Yulebucks this year, which was super exciting, and I can't wait to see what else I find!

However, I just got an unexpected Christmas present in the form of a 2G Deep Sea Dragon from a Water x Deep Sea cross who was sitting unnamed on my scroll. A Thuwed Water x Deep Sea cross. THANK YOU, @TJ09. I'm sorry I didn't thank you before. I've had her since 2015, which was around the time I stopped playing for an extended period of time (except for holidays), so either I picked her up in the AP without realizing what she was, or perhaps from requesting the pairing (I think I might have done that a looong time ago, but I don't have a record of it).

Please know that she will be cherished! :)

He JUST bred and I already missed the chance to get on the breeding list?? Darn! XD That was fast. I hover over that page. This is the closest miss I've ever had, I think. Oh well... if only I'd woken up earlier this morning...

EDIT: Misread. Whew! XD I feel better now. Still, that's pretty awesome to just discover something like that on your scroll, having no idea it was there!

Edited by Lurhstaap

I've submitted a few hard puzzles to fire today to try and balance out the ice. It would be a lot more but I kept getting .1 min to submit.again which was a little frustrating when I thought I'd timed it right. Enjoying the game. Christmas isn't Christmas without a bit of fire! Lol thanks so much TJ for letting us catch up on past cbs and from what the new hatches look like this new release looks very exciting. Hope everyone is having a great holiday!

Edited by Velvet_paw

I've been voting for fire, but to be honest, I'm not really good at these tetras games. The best that I can do are the mediums ones sometimes. Still, I am enjoying the game and can't wait to see how the story progresses! 

Sorry guys, been doing the hard puzzles and submitting ice every time, maybe tomorrow I will do fire XD   Ice just seemed more wintery!

Edited by Karobb

@Nyxity I hope you had a great Christmas too!

Speaking of Sick Christmas, both a couple of my family membersbgot sick as well, so my time was spent taking care of them.

At least no one ended up in the hospital on Christmas.

And I got new eggies too!

Edited by Shokomon
Typos

I've been doing the hard puzzle and submitting fire every time because I'm always cold! :lol:

I've got the new holiday eggs and a few oldies and I'm just cruising the AP for a few extra snags. 

Why won't you grow up hatchies!?! *pokes hatchies* I'm scroll-locked now! Ahhh! Need hatchies to grow! 

I haven't done many puzzles yet today (was running errands), but I'm Team Ice all the way. I feel like I have to, since IRL I'm stuck in 85+ degree winters every year. I need the ice!

Edit: Has anyone noticed old-holiday eggs hatching really easy, or is it just me? One of my Winter Magis hatched with less then 2k views, which I haven't had happen with any egg in a loooong time.

Edited by Marie19R

13 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

I haven't done many puzzles yet today (was running errands), but I'm Team Ice all the way. I feel like I have to, since IRL I'm stuck in 85+ degree winters every year. I need the ice!

Edit: Has anyone noticed old-holiday eggs hatching really easy, or is it just me? One of my Winter Magis hatched with less then 2k views, which I haven't had happen with any egg in a loooong time.

All of my first batch of old holiday eggs hatched with between 900-1500 views. Same with the second batch. So 14 in all of the old holidays and they were all cave born. My third batch well.. I forgot to fog one night so they hatched way over 2000 views.

I was doing fine yesterday but as of this morning, I can't interact with the puzzle pieces...

I don't know where else to put this: THE NEWBORN HATCHLING OF THIS YEAR'S HOLIDAY DRAGON MAKES ME SQUEEEEEEEAAAAAALL.

1 hour ago, Lurhstaap said:

He JUST bred and I already missed the chance to get on the breeding list?? Darn! XD That was fast. I hover over that page. This is the closest miss I've ever had, I think. Oh well... if only I'd woken up earlier this morning...

EDIT: Misread. Whew! XD I feel better now. Still, that's pretty awesome to just discover something like that on your scroll, having no idea it was there!

Haha, yeah, she's been around for a while. I'd forgotten about his request page. I'll have to watch it again.

I just came back to the Dragon Views Happy Holidays for the first time since I first signed in on the third page of the Schedule.  Been busy with family visits and Dinners with friends and life.  I have been doing the puzzles and didn't know the diff between picking fire and ice so I did one of each and didn't see any apparent difference so I've just been picking 'fire' when I complete a puzzle.  I now have 56% on the ribbon (?) scroll and beyond it seeming to fill in from the left with blue, nothing.

What IS the difference between picking between the two?

Thank You and hoping everyone is having a very Happy Holiday Season...

Edited by Husky51

Welp. I'm at 24/24 and can't grab a darn thing for 12 more hours. XD I think I'm finally done with dragcave for today.

@Husky51 The ribbon/bar thing is global, not individual, it shows the total progress for all users for the day, and it's ice-colored or fire-colored depending on which side is winning (although I've never seen it fire-colored yet). 

Finally hit my scroll-goals for Winter Magis (yaaaay!) so now I'm just poking around the AP trying to find messies of any that I haven't hit goals for yet. Meh.

12 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

@Husky51 The ribbon/bar thing is global, not individual, it shows the total progress for all users for the day, and it's ice-colored or fire-colored depending on which side is winning (although I've never seen it fire-colored yet). 

Thank You, Marie 19R...  I was wondering...  

I know that to the Easterner's and Northerner's, Southern California's temps are basically shirt-sleeve weather, (lol) I have had the heater on at  night so that is why I choose the fire...  

Edited by Husky51

Is the badge for this year's event different depending on which side we choose?

Ahhhh....after two hours of stalking the AP, finally managed to grab myself some nice 2nd gen snows and an Aegis XD Two hours of grabbing nothing but messy and inbred freeze fodder, looking for those little diamonds....:wacko:

If these weren't holidays and thus people will want to fill freeze quotas with them, I'd have been handing those messies over to the itchy teeth of my vampires. :dry:

Okay, why are people who want clean/low lineages finding messies, and those who want messies (me!) only finding clean/low lineages?! *flails* I can't even count the number of pretty-lineaged Wrapping Wings, Winter Magis, and Ribbon Dancers I've thrown back in the last few days while searching for mega-messies. 

Either the tetris game gets harder the more you play it, or I'm just getting stupider as the day goes on. I swear some of these puzzles have no solution!

I clicked a CB solstice in the AP earlier, so there may still be hope for the people who did miss out on the holiday biome. My X-mas '17 egg is finally cracking with about 8 hours to go before it's supposed to hatch.  I've also mostly updated my Christmas holiday request list for next year. 

14 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

Okay, why are people who want clean/low lineages finding messies, and those who want messies (me!) only finding clean/low lineages?! *flails* I can't even count the number of pretty-lineaged Wrapping Wings, Winter Magis, and Ribbon Dancers I've thrown back in the last few days while searching for mega-messies. 

Either the tetris game gets harder the more you play it, or I'm just getting stupider as the day goes on. I swear some of these puzzles have no solution!

It's good to know that somebody looks to messy lineages :) I like them too, especially when names are funny...then it becomes beautiful!

I just want to be doubly-sure, the new dragons do *not* stop dropping in 6 hours, right? They're dropping tomorrow as well? I don't want to miss out on them by assuming wrongly.

@Marie19R They'll be in the cave for three days (until 12/27 at 11:59 PM EST)  - According to TJ's original post. So yes, they'll be dropping tomorrow as well. :)