Scroll Badges: PieMaster

News announcement graphic: Shajana

On-site announcement graphic : Shajana

Tetrominoes: Marrionetta, TCA

Board background: Shajana

Meters: Shajana

6 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

I have a theory on how the bar works:

Even when the bar is grey, there are snowflakes visible. Not very warm and fire-like, right? So maybe the blue mana filling the bar represents our overall progress, regardless of which side we pick. Then that choice plays a role in the chapters we unlock. 

Iirc, TJ popped in here to confirm that the bar would be red if Fire was winning.

53 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I wonder if they really do work against each other. The bar sure isn't moving very fast. Either no one is playing or we are cancelling each other out. I have been playing at the medium level because I couldn't figure out any of the hard ones I tried. Since ice seems to be winning I am going with that to try to keep the bar moving.

And yay! I just managed to complete one of the hard ones! :D

Yay, congrats!

I worked on this one for about ten minutes before finally figuring it out. The zigzag and t-shaped pieces are my bane. :D

tetrispuzzle.gif.ec30c9b6cb565d7b742844066d02c8c8.gif

I'm wondering the same thing with fire slowing down the bar - I was submitting as fire but I'm going to switch to ice.

5 minutes ago, Laura Borealis said:

I'm wondering the same thing with fire slowing down the bar - I was submitting as fire but I'm going to switch to ice.

Erm, nope. TJ himself confirmed otherwise.

The bar is currently blue because ice is winning. It would be red otherwise.

Thanks for finding the quote from TJ, that's helpful. (y)

But that sounds to me like yes, they DO work against each other, which is what we're saying. 

To me that doesn't confirm anything about the two cancelling each other out in overall progress. It just tells me that the color of the bar shows which side is ahead. But maybe I am overthinking.

21 minutes ago, LibbyLishly said:

Iirc, TJ popped in here to confirm that the bar would be red if Fire was winning.

I completely missed that then XD

It doesn't make any sense to me that the two sides would be cancelling each other out in filling up the bar. We're both contributing mana, the color is just based on the side that's putting in the most mana. Why would they set it up so that the two sides would slow each other down? I think the bars are just filling up slower because fewer people are playing - maybe it's because it takes time to put the puzzle together and then wait out the 15 minute cooldown (I'm playing less than once an hour).

Does anyone know the identity of the spriter(s) yet? 

These sprites are getting prettier and prettier!😃🎅🎄🎁🎋

1 minute ago, jerzeeshadow said:

Does anyone know the identity of the spriter(s) yet? 

These sprites are getting prettier and prettier!😃🎅🎄🎁🎋

If you go to the bottom of the view page for the hatchies you will see the copyright information:

Art Copyright © Fiona BlueFire, Odeen

48 minutes ago, Laura Borealis said:

But that sounds to me like yes, they DO work against each other, which is what we're saying. 

Actually that'll be interesting. And again, bar is really filling slower today, and it's Ice again, even with more people playing for Fire just for the sake of seeing Fire's red bar...

Honestly, I don't know. I just keep submitting medium puzzles because hard are too much for me :rolleyes:

I was just going to post whining about the puzzle being so hard, but I finally figured it out! That was a tough one. Only 17 percent filled so far.

15 minutes ago, laertid said:

Actually that'll be interesting. And again, bar is really filling slower today, and it's Ice again, even with more people playing for Fire just for the sake of seeing Fire's red bar...

Honestly, I don't know. I just keep submitting medium puzzles because hard are too much for me :rolleyes:

I can see purplehaze's point too. I guess we can't know for sure based on available evidence. But I hope we see the red bar at some point before the end of the event...

Not sure if it's the right place to ask, but I would like to know if CB Hollies (this new release) are all male or if there are females too, as they cannot be influenced. Thank you

Just now, lincoln6echo said:

Not sure if it's the right place to ask, but I would like to know if CB Hollies (this new release) are all male or if there are females too, as they cannot be influenced. Thank you

All male!

1 minute ago, lincoln6echo said:

All male.

1 minute ago, Natakiro said:

Aw, I love the hatchling designs; can't wait to see them grow up!

And here's the red bar:

3VCaPeO.png

Thank you! That's so lovely.

For some reason I'm feeling a strong craving for peppermints...

5 minutes ago, Natakiro said:

Aw, I love the hatchling designs; can't wait to see them grow up!

And here's the red bar:

3VCaPeO.png

Where did you find that? :) 

Finally got my 2 new-holiday eggs, figured I shouldn't wait until the very last minute just in case I unexpectedly fall asleep at a bad time again. Completed another medium-level puzzle after a few minutes of flailing.

OHH, I just realized the second code was "Garland" with no vowels. This whole time I've been reading it as the word "Grind." 

Heh I feel really dumb, but a garland dragon sounds amazing! 

On another note, I cannot BELIEVE my luck. I'm somehow sitting here looking at a complete set of CB Christmas dragons, a holly descended from a Thuwed, 

and my third and final Guardian of Nature, which I randomly decided to summon. I didn't think it would work!!!

6 minutes ago, EmmaD333 said:

OHH, I just realized the second code was "Garland" with no vowels. This whole time I've been reading it as the word "Grind." 

Heh I feel really dumb, but a garland dragon sounds amazing! 

On another note, I cannot BELIEVE my luck. I'm somehow sitting here looking at a complete set of CB Christmas dragons, a holly descended from a Thuwed, 

and my third and final Guardian of Nature, which I randomly decided to summon. I didn't think it would work!!!

Garland and Warmth, so a scarf dragon confirmed rofl!   Yeah I have no idea how warmth relates to garland, we shall see!