TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

Huh. I guess that's possible. I have a fairly bad memory so I totally don't even remember the Yulebuck release, so really anything is possible.

I don't know exactly how much time I wasted by putting off deciding my holiday lineages until today, but I'm pretty happy to have gotten that out of the way nonetheless. XD 

53 minutes ago, Silverswift said:

I haven't got any CB hollies.Been trying but have had noluck in catching them. 

Check your inbox :)

3 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

Check your inbox :)

Oooooh? Awsome, thank you dragoness!

Just a heads up, if anyone wants a 2nd gen, I haven't bred my CB Wrapping-wing or CB Winter Magi yet. I've got two empty egg spots until the new release, so I don't mind gifting something if anyone's interested. Just send me a PM.

Decided to breed my original release CB wrapping-wing for the AP, the lineage of the egg isn't bad but of course I found an even better one after @.@ Forgot I had a lovely Valentine as a past breeding partner. Ah well, hopefully someone enjoys his children anyway lol.

Getting a Holly is so hard, I have no idea how I managed to get my first one a few days ago XD

^ Other than those who are champs at grabbing eggs, I'm sure a lot of us who actually managed to get ours on our own don't know how we did it. Thank you dumb luck and endless tenacity?

7 hours ago, TerraAnne said:

That's a better tradition than my family who hides and elf around the house for 12 days in a row up to Christmas day. We have to find the elf each day and the first one to find it then gets a chance at opening one of the smaller christmas presents or stocking stuffers early.

EDIT: by elf I mean a tiny two inch mostly green elf figurine that can hide in the tiniest of crevices. Some days nobody finds it at all.  O.o

Well, it is nice that you guys have a tradition. The only one we ever really had was to put the Star or Angel up last when decorating the tree. That died off as my parents have gotten older, though and so it is now the first thing put on the tree if anything. 'Still... I think if we tried a little tradition like item hide-and-seek, the family would get disgruntled.

7 hours ago, Marie19R said:

They have pickle ornaments in the dollar store I always go to, which the explanation of the pickle tradition on the package. I'd never heard of it before I saw it there.

Yeah, unless you come from a German family-line that actually practices it or actually just like looking into traditions, it makes sense. While my mom never made note of it and I never knew anyone else from her side doing such, I do know of some German holiday things just out of stumbling upon them over time in holiday references and stories. Or sometimes the question comes to mind, "Where did eggnog and apple cider being a holiday thing come from? Wassail?! What is that?!"

Edited by Nyxity

5 minutes ago, Nyxity said:

^ Other than those who are champs at grabbing eggs, I'm sure a lot of us who actually managed to get ours on our own don't know how we did it. Thank you dumb luck and endless tenacity?

I've been catching and trading CB Hollies the last few days and I have no idea how I'm catching them, lol. I usually suck at catching anything in the biomes that anyone else is after. It's one of the reasons I only hunt in the biomes for new releases, I just have terrible luck there usually. So I'm totally surprised that I can catch the CB Hollies fairly well. (I still think it has something to do with switching to Chrome, which seems to be much faster overall then my Firefox is.)

Chrome sans Javascript and Images is what helped me get both of my hollies, thanks to the advice posted many pages back! Tenacity and stupid luck, too.

Oh wow there are over 27,000 hatchlings in Allure right now. I know hatcheries are always busier during holidays, but wow!

My first holiday hatchling of the season will grow up in about two hours! *bounces*

I just bred all my gold x solstice lineages for the AP, then I facepalmed because they're supposed to have blue wings and now is the time for pink wings.  Maybe someone will still want them ^^;;

One more Holly and I'm starting to think Yulebucks are a myth dreamed up by my xmas cookie addled mind XD

Edited by onemessyperson

You can do it! Yulebucks were the last things I was able to get as well.

1 hour ago, Nyxity said:

Yeah, unless you come from a German family-line that actually practices it or actually just like looking into traditions, it makes sense. While my mom never made note of it and I never knew anyone else from her side doing such, I do know of some German holiday things just out of stumbling upon them over time in holiday references and stories. Or sometimes the question comes to mind, "Where did eggnog and apple cider being a holiday thing come from? Wassail?! What is that?!"

My family actually picked up the pickle tradition! We're a good percentage from German stock, so when my parents found the story it felt like it fit. My siblings and I are all continuing the pickle ornament with our own kids now. :D

And I LOVE wassail. Don't even get me started.

Breeding a Holiday Dragon and a Celestial Dragon and only getting one egg seems hilariously wrong somehow XD Guess I'm keeping this little guy.

In other news, I've got all the caveborns save one holly. I was actually shocked that I got that second Yulebuck given my luck.

Edited by dragondoodle

@blockEdragon No, and TJ said if any do end up Blue wing via glitch, he will revert them.

Have the reports of viewbombing stopped? I'm getting sick of the fog and not being able to see lineages without unfogging.

36 minutes ago, LibbyLishly said:

My family actually picked up the pickle tradition! We're a good percentage from German stock, so when my parents found the story it felt like it fit. My siblings and I are all continuing the pickle ornament with our own kids now. :D

And I LOVE wassail. Don't even get me started.

Thank you for reminding me of wassail! My grandparents used to make it for Christmas when I was much younger, back when most of the family used to get together for the holidays. I found a recipe and if I can get my hands on the ingredients tomorrow I'll make some this Christmas. My husband has never had it.

My family has done the Christmas pickle for a few years now, but we won't be seeing our families for Christmas this year (first year in a different state; we did a LOT of travelling this year with the move and are very happy to have an excuse to stay home and not travel for a while!)

5 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

@blockEdragon No, and TJ said if any do end up Blue wing via glitch, he will revert them.

Have the reports of viewbombing stopped? I'm getting sick of the fog and not being able to see lineages without unfogging.

Thankyou. And I'm not sure, It's probably safe enough to add/unfog your eggs but you should probably keep an eye on them and keep anything super valuable hidden,

Edited by blockEdragon

4 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

I have not been having any issues, pretty sure as soon as EATW took their site down it was resolved!

BTW what looks good with a snow, I have yet to see a pairing I like, the color is a bit washed out :(

I have one Yulebuck, still trying for my second one (or will be when my scroll is unlocked again, anyway). Once I secure my second Yulebuck, I'll get my second Ribbon Dancer. So excited! I wasn't sure I'd be able to get two of each of the older ones I missed out on since there were so many - everything before (and including) the Solstice. I'm really delighted to finally have my own CB Hollies, but I have to say, I'm just as excited to have my CB Solstices. I have SO MANY lineage plans for those babies! And I'm actually not THAT excited about Yulebucks - they're one of my least favorite designs overall. They just don't look dragony enough to me. (Maybe if the tail were longer? Dunno. But I've never really liked them much even back in the day. I do like the S1 hatchy, though. Its markings are pretty.) But I still want a pair for completion's sake. I'm looking forward to using my new CB Ribbon Dancers as well.

And I'm super excited for the new CB to start dropping soon! Once I have my pair of 2017 CBs and two each of all the old CBs, I can start gorging on bred eggs in the AP. WOOHOO! :D :D :D

5 minutes ago, Karobb said:

I have not been having any issues, pretty sure as soon as EATW took their site down it was resolved!

BTW what looks good with a snow, I have yet to see a pairing I like, the color is a bit washed out :(

I like the Snows with Tiemarrs.

3 minutes ago, Karobb said:

I did a Celestial with one and a White Zyumorph with the other, I liked the look of both of those.