TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

I'm not seeing many blue eggs in the AP. I would just like to pick up a few pretty lineages.

1 hour ago, BatPopsicle said:

I can do that for you. PM me please. 😁

Person who I'd messaged earlier got back to me, but thanks for the offer.

12 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

Wow some people are quite grinch like this year? 

I find it funny people complain about massbreeders and ap walls. Obviously they werent around in one cave days when legit the ap was just a wall of dark green and blacks..day after day after day. All horribly inbred because this was BEFORE the lovely lineage pages of today. 

Just because "kill" exists doesnt mean you have to use it. If the ap doesnt drop what you like? Hunt CB/breed something nice and trade for the leange that you want!

no need to go calling people the grinch. people have different play styles and goals/preferences. some people don't care lineages no matter how "nice" or "ugly" it is. yeah the kill option doesn't have to be used but once an egg is on a persons scroll it is theirs to do whatever they please with. you cant be upset with people doing what is in their rights as a player of this game.  but yeah i agree hunting cb and trading are better options when mass breed walls hit the ap.

@Vampyre I was around back then, People were more considerate about what they bred and in what numbers though, because a blocked AP meant no eggs in the cave. The only reason there were a lot of bred blacks and vines were because of the alts (and that for a time it was possible to tell if it was an alt or not just from the egg itself).

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

14 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

@Vampyre I was around back then, People were more considerate about what they bred and in what numbers though, because a blocked AP meant no eggs in the cave. The only reason there were a lot of bred blacks and vines were because of the alts (and that for a time it was possible to tell if it was an alt or not just from the egg itself).

I somewhat remember that..I think.. I joined DC i  either '08 or '09 but didnt actively get into it until '10-'11..

I can say its so much better now tho!

On a side note.. I REALLLLLLY hope we get more of the valkerian tales.. I get addicted to it each year hehe!

21 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

(and that for a time it was possible to tell if it was an alt or not just from the egg itself).

That was a thing?! Why is this not a thing anymore? :o Darn I missed out on a cool feature..

5 minutes ago, Fabula said:

That was a thing?! Why is this not a thing anymore? :o Darn I missed out on a cool feature..

It was only a thing until around 2009. If I had to guess, it was changed so people would actually hatch the non-alt eggs.

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

1 minute ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

It was only a thing until around 2009. If I had to guess, it was changed to people would actually hatch the non-alt eggs.

I guess that would make sense...

Just now, Tigerkralle said:

So glad that i have a change to get all the Holidays as CBs.

I'm with you on that! I'm very happy about this re-release. :D

Much thanks yous to TJ  and co for the holiday biome. And much thanks to those who helped me get my cb hollies. :)

I still can't believe I was able to get the names CB Merry Christmas and CB Happy Holidaze. (And especially that CB Happy Holidays was taken before CB Merry Christmas.)

You're welcome Cassie_Fenix and Dragon_Arbock.

Still hunting for one more CB Holly. I am determined to catch one. 😊

I would love to see a Yeti-type dragon. Not sure if that would even be possible and still look good. 😂

Edited by BatPopsicle
Another typo. Ugh

Was going to try and CB lock myself with Hollies, but after someone generously offered me a CB Holly at the cost of possibly not being able to CB lock themselves I've decided to try and do the same. Will try and snatch any I see, but instead of keeping any possible grabs I'll give them to someone who doesn't have one. Gotta spread the giving spirit <3

I've got both of my CB Hollies, but I'm still hunting a Yulebuck, a Snow Angel, and a Ribbon Dancer. 

One of my friends has a CB Snow Angel with 'Fear' in the code, perfectly spelled, and offered it to me as a trade. I am SO torn about this. I do need a second CB SA, and I do love me some word codes. BUT... if I only have two CBs... do I really want to deal with one being a code dragon? My CB Holidays are special to me. I like naming them and all of that. But I have a policy of never naming code dragons. With the Halloweens, it was fine, because I can have as many of those as I want. But with this it's like... eeeeek I don't know whether to do this trade or not.

I'm so excited that my first batch of 2017 Xmas breeds starts growing up in about 6 hours. Then I can start on my second batch. I just have to make sure that I have room for the new release. 

Only need one Holly now, managed to get everything else. Yass

The prospect of hunting for a Holly is daunting, though. xP

So somehow I never realized that I only have 1 CB Yulebuck (from original drop). I have a frozen CB Yulebuck hatchie, which I was considering releasing so I could get another CB adult with this re-release... Turns out I don't have a CB adult at all. How did I not know this?! 

Also, I went to a church Christmas thing for the last three hours and left a few of my lower-timed hatchies unfogged, and they gained less then 400 views while I was gone. Huh.

31 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

Is there anyone who has no CB Hollies yet? I have one to give away.

I haven't got any CB hollies.Been trying but have had noluck in catching them. 

alot I hate my internet connection. *sob* I just need two hollies to complete my Christmas collection! alot

On 12/22/2017 at 9:05 AM, The Dragoness said:

The dead egg will vanish in two weeks. There's been a lot of viewbombing happening this week, so be careful with your other dragons.

Thanks Dragoness! :) I get it now. LOL XD

21 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

So somehow I never realized that I only have 1 CB Yulebuck (from original drop). I have a frozen CB Yulebuck hatchie, which I was considering releasing so I could get another CB adult with this re-release... Turns out I don't have a CB adult at all. How did I not know this?! 

Also, I went to a church Christmas thing for the last three hours and left a few of my lower-timed hatchies unfogged, and they gained less then 400 views while I was gone. Huh.

Was it eaten by the datamonster?