TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

1 hour ago, Terrafreaky said:

Do enraged Aegis dragons remain enraged if they are released into the wild?   Mine refuses my prize out of season, so I am tempted to release him and get a new one.  But I don't want to mess up a bunch of lineages if he is going to change forms. 

I believe they keep the form they had when released, so if he's enraged now he should still be enraged in the wild. I know someone actually tested this but I can't find their post...

When I saw posted has EGG BOME... I remember few years ago, I have had that happened... CB GOLD and all other EGGY had died one after the other.... :(

Thanks to TJ now have the "Ward" for preventing the EGGY from getting sick.

I am now happy that all six years missing the Christmas EGGY.. I now have got them all, and they are too lovely hatchling on my scroll. :wub:

Aaah, this is so nice! I have all the CBs I was missing for years and years... it's such a wonderful feeling.

Thank you TJ for making this possible and letting us catch old holiday eggs! I'm looking forward to the Christmas dragon for this year and also what the event will turn out to be.

I am literally one egg away from Christmas scroll goals! I'm so happy for this event, the whole reason I left DC for a looong time was the feeling that there were things I'd never ever be able to get because I missed out. I came back when I heard that Halloween CBs were coming back, and I'm so happy CB Christmases are coming back too.

Is there a thread set up for Holly gifting? I managed to get the last CB Yulebuck I needed (I have one "original" and one "newbie") but haven't yet managed to get a CB Holly. I know there are people that are gifting them but I don't know where to go...

Looking forward to the X-Mas event, I wonder what it will be? I loved the gingerbread house one!

EDIT - Thank you, zombiemoon for the Holly egg! I want to leave the rest of my post in case someone replies and others are in need of help

Edited by BlueSkyy

I'm getting really really nervous. All I need to finish my Christmas caveborns is one more holly. The day's running out timer is freaking me out, even though it's like 11 hours away or something.... Blaurgh XD I just have to be smart enough, fast enough.

I'm so hyped to see the new release dragons. :o Anyone guessing what they might look like?

Not sure why but I would love to see something christmas tree looking.

I'm not the biggest fan of either of the red ones, so that would be nice to me. Otherwise, not really sure. We've no gingerbread dragon. Don't know if that's possible, though.

^ Hey, an old German Christmas holiday tradition... Hang a pickle on the tree last and the next morning whichever kid finds it first gets an extra gift.

Someone in the holiday speculation thread mentioned the idea of a gingerbread dragon and that stuck with me. I would *love* that, partially because I really really want a holiday dragon that's not a stereotypical holiday color. We've got plenty of green and blue and red, so how about a change with brown?

I'll be unlocked soon (if this dang hatchling will grow up!) and will be attempting to catch another CB Holly to trade for a messy Ribbon Dancer (only need 3 more!). My scroll-goals are a bit more ambitious then some people's (20 of each breed), so it'll definitely take a few more years for me to meet that with all the holiday breeds, but I'm getting there!

Edited by Marie19R

4 minutes ago, Nyxity said:

^ Hey, an old German Christmas holiday tradition... Hang a pickle on the tree last and the next morning whichever kid finds it first gets an extra gift.

That's a better tradition than my family who hides and elf around the house for 12 days in a row up to Christmas day. We have to find the elf each day and the first one to find it then gets a chance at opening one of the smaller christmas presents or stocking stuffers early.

EDIT: by elf I mean a tiny two inch mostly green elf figurine that can hide in the tiniest of crevices. Some days nobody finds it at all.  O.o

Edited by TerraAnne

15 minutes ago, TerraAnne said:

I'm so hyped to see the new release dragons. :o Anyone guessing what they might look like?

Not sure why but I would love to see something christmas tree looking.

I was just thinking the same thing! A tree dragon would be so neat, or maybe something sweet treat related like Christmas cookies or something? Possibilities are endless and I can't wait to see what the new Holiday dragons will be. :D

I keep having to remind myself to leave two spots available for the new release dragons in a few days time. At the moment I've finished the winter holiday scroll goals.

and yeah a gingerbread cookie would be amazing as a dragon concept. :o

Edited by TerraAnne

I keep picking this up and it's driving me mad. If the second gen wasn't a blue wing, I could maybe use it. But a second gen from Frostbite (bred at night) would be more useful still.

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

Can we get a fish dragon, for the feast of the seven fishes? (Italian Traditional dinner prepared on Christmas eve, I do it every year for my family)

It would be my spirit animal

8 minutes ago, Nyxity said:

They have pickle ornaments in the dollar store I always go to, which the explanation of the pickle tradition on the package. I'd never heard of it before I saw it there.

I have to wonder. I don't know how likely cultural references would be allowed. This was a long time ago, but the idea for a kitsune dragon was shot down, I think for being too japanese or something like that.

Still waiting for this second batch to hatch so I can go back to hunting, but of all the bred Hollies I've managed to grab, my fourth-gen Thuwed and one other are my favorites: this one. 

Know why? Because it has "sew" in its code, and that's my initials for my real name! :D

11 minutes ago, Coheart said:

Can we get a fish dragon, for the feast of the seven fishes? (Italian Traditional dinner prepared on Christmas eve, I do it every year for my family)

It would be my spirit animal

Might be interesting to start doing holidays from other cultures for winter dragon ideas. I mean Aegis is from the Krampus holiday right?

and my family does this too! My favorite dinner of the year.

EDIT: I should be doing something other than hovering over DC right now. As it is I'm waiting oh so not patiently to see if a trade request goes through or not. XD Maybe I should go sprite stuff while I have a laptop to myself.

Edited by TerraAnne

16 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

Someone in the holiday speculation thread mentioned the idea of a gingerbread dragon and that stuck with me. I would *love* that, partially because I really really want a holiday dragon that's not a stereotypical holiday color. We've got plenty of green and blue and red, so how about a change with brown?

A rich brown, earth colored, gingerbread dragon! *o* I would love that so much.