TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

10 minutes ago, Karobb said:

I have not been having any issues, pretty sure as soon as EATW took their site down it was resolved!

BTW what looks good with a snow, I have yet to see a pairing I like, the color is a bit washed out :(

In my experience it's really hard to go wrong with golds, lunars, and shadow walkers. (but golds especially)

Something bright that matches the accents or something to contrast the blue would probably work best.

Edited by blockEdragon

12 minutes ago, blockEdragon said:

In my experience it's really hard to go wrong with golds, lunars, and shadow walkers.

Something bright that matches the accents or something to contrast the blue would probably work best.

I picked up 2 2nd gen snows x gold, idk it doesn't really do anything to bring out the gold in the snow, the more I look at them the less I like them.   I think the teminar actually would be nice, have not seen any as of yet, oh hey just picked up an snow x gold lunar, that looks better :)

The pacified aegis also seems to be a problem, though I did see one x a water dragon that actually looked nice!   Seems a lot more options for the enraged aegis I have seen plenty of nice lineages with those

Sadly I missed the last 3 years, so all the ones I am looking for in the AP are few and far between!

Hopefully we get something with some color to it this year :)

Edited by Karobb

17 minutes ago, Karobb said:

I have not been having any issues, pretty sure as soon as EATW took their site down it was resolved!

BTW what looks good with a snow, I have yet to see a pairing I like, the color is a bit washed out :(

They look great with a lot of things IMO. So far I've bred or collected the following this year: WitchlightCaligeneKingcrowneRosebudDiamondwingwhite ZyumorphGold, and Ember (not linking because I didn't keep this one; I bred it as part of a trade.) I got this one from Canopy more for the code than the pairing, but I'll include it in case you like the look. I'm also expecting to trade for Gen2s from Sunrise, Heartstealing, Omen Wyrm, and Gaia. 

Finally traded my most recent CB Holly for a beautifully inbred Winter Magi. It doesn't look like I'll hit my scroll-goal with the Magis this year, but I should with the Ribbon Dancers, only need two more. Honestly this may be my favorite holiday season on DC ever in terms of collecting the past breeds, because of trading CB Hollies I've gotten a lot more awesome messies then I normally do just hunting the AP. 

Just now, Lurhstaap said:

They look great with a lot of things IMO. So far I've bred or collected the following this year: WitchlightCaligeneKingcrowneRosebudDiamondwingwhite ZyumorphGold, and Ember (not linking because I didn't keep this one; I bred it as part of a trade.) I got this one from Canopy more for the code than the pairing, but I'll include it in case you like the look. I'm also expecting to trade for Gen2s from Sunrise, Heartstealing, Omen Wyrm, and Gaia. 

Thanks I really do not care for holiday x holiday pairing though, I do kind of like this one I just got x gold lunar though!

Why do people not like holiday x holiday pairings, anyway? I'm not trying to criticize - I'm just sincerely curious. I understand why one would be reluctant to breed, say, two Christmas CBs together, since it reduces your overall number of G2 Christmas dragons you can produce that year. But if the pairing is pretty enough (say, Snow or Aegis x Solstice, OMGGGGGGG), isn't it worth it to do at least, like, once in a while? Or at least to try to collect those bred by others if you don't want to use up your own CBs that way? And with two different holidays, I don't see what the issue is. In the past, sure, many people might not have had the resources to continue those lineages, but with the re-releases, that's no longer an issue. Everyone has a good chance to have those CBs, or to get them when the next relevant holiday rolls around. So given that, why the continuing dislike of holiday x holiday lineages? I see it all the time. Again, I'm not trying to criticize, I'm just curious. 

I know Snow drops were nerfed a while back so can anyone tell me how often they are seen? Still need just one.

I don't have any particular dislike of Holiday x Holiday pairings, but I prefer the challenge of pairing them up with commons that aren't quite as typical. :) I try to avoid building Holiday x Metal lineages for the same reason - it's just so prevalent that I'd rather add something different to the pool. 

Just now, Lurhstaap said:

Why do people not like holiday x holiday pairings, anyway? I'm not trying to criticize - I'm just sincerely curious. I understand why one would be reluctant to breed, say, two Christmas CBs together, since it reduces your overall number of G2 Christmas dragons you can produce that year. But if the pairing is pretty enough (say, Snow or Aegis x Solstice, OMGGGGGGG), isn't it worth it to do at least, like, once in a while? Or at least to try to collect those bred by others if you don't want to use up your own CBs that way? And with two different holidays, I don't see what the issue is. In the past, sure, many people might not have had the resources to continue those lineages, but with the re-releases, that's no longer an issue. Everyone has a good chance to have those CBs, or to get them when the next relevant holiday rolls around. So given that, why the continuing dislike of holiday x holiday lineages? I see it all the time. Again, I'm not trying to criticize, I'm just curious. 

Limited breeding potential, as you have to wait for each of those holidays to come around to advance the lineage, this is my reasoning at least!  I did alternating seasons on my scroll up to like 6th gen, and even it just being every 3 months for the seasons to change it took me over 2 years to complete them lol!   

Personally I like Snows with Fire Gems, especially the blue Fire Gem. (Then again I am biased towards Fire Gems, lol).

Just now, Condorflight said:

Personally I like Snows with Fire Gems, especially the blue Fire Gem. (Then again I am biased towards Fire Gems, lol).

Fire Gems are pretty amazing, yes! Though I prefer the green with Snows in this case. ^^

Honestly, I think all the Fire Gems look good with Snows! Now I am hoping the next Christmas dragon will look good with Fire Gems also!

3 minutes ago, Lurhstaap said:

Why do people not like holiday x holiday pairings, anyway?

I think it is because it limits when you can breed for mates, if you miss the chance, its a whole year away. This in general is the main reason I don't really do holiday lineages at all. All of my CB dragons are available for breeding still. ^-^;

3 minutes ago, Nathair said:

I know Snow drops were nerfed a while back so can anyone tell me how often they are seen? Still need just one.

I have seen some go through the AP, and they are still dropping in the cave. I have not been hunting in the biome, cause I can't get anything from it. If all you need is that one Snow, and you are using a PC just refresh and open in a new tab repeatedly; you can only get that breed.

6 minutes ago, Lurhstaap said:

I don't like it so much cause it slows the progress down. For example, I have one holiday x holiday I am working on, and one non-holiday x holiday. If I have a gen 3 and a gen 2, I can breed a mate for the gen 2 at any time of the year, then breed that offspring to the gen 3 to get a gen 4 by the time the next holiday rolls around, but if it's holiday x holiday, I have to wait for the holiday to come back around, breed a mate, for the gen 2, then wait another year to breed for a gen 4. Just kinda inconvenient

(don't know how well I explained that)..

Hmmm. I see. For me the long wait isn't really a big deal. I just do my holiday stuff when the appropriate holiday comes around and other stuff at other times of the year. For me, it's all about looks, pure and simple. If it's pretty, I want it. XD So I'll cross any two things that can be crossed if I think they look good together. 

Speaking of which, I have to agree that gold Lunar Herald is really pretty with the Snow. Also, the Soulstone cross is very nice. I'll have to try to get one of those Gen2s. Snows have a great cool, pale colorfulness that picks up hints of color in the partner. For those who are okay with holiday x holiday, another one I like is Snow x Mistletoe.

13 minutes ago, Lurhstaap said:

I still dislike them because they're still only breed-able once or twice a year. I have a few holiday X holiday pairings due to beauty but I often avoid them simply because I can't do much with them.

Pretty sure that's the only reason why most people avoid em, they're not as useful.

15 minutes ago, Lurhstaap said:

I saw a Caligene and enraged Aegis pairing that looked really nice.

Managed to snag the two CB Ribbon Dancers I didn't know I was missing. I just need ONE MORE CB Holly! Hopefully I can snag one tomorrow once I'm not locked. *crosses fingers*

Caligene x Enraged Aegis is one of my favorites, yeah! TBH, they look pretty snazzy with Pacified Aegis, too. IMO most of the antlered ones look good with each other, too. 

OK I just bred my striped yulebuck draggie in Candy Cane Kisses a cb to my cb vine Draggie Devils cherries and got Three EGGS!  I kept one and abandoned the other 2,  So how fast does it take for them to appear in the AC and be snatched up by a new owner? :)  Where do you go to get a CB Holly?  I have some on my scroll but no CB ones,

32 minutes ago, Karobb said:

The pacified aegis also seems to be a problem, though I did see one x a water dragon that actually looked nice!   Seems a lot more options for the enraged aegis I have seen plenty of nice lineages with those

I like them with Falconiform Wyverns myself. One dragon is white(ish) with blue highlights and the other is black with blue highlights

Just now, LuvDragons said:

OK I just bred my striped yulebuck draggie in Candy Cane Kisses a cb to my cb vine Draggie Devils cherries and got Three EGGS!  I kept one and abandoned the other 2,  So how fast does it take for them to appear in the AC and be snatched up by a new owner? :)  Where do you go to get a CB Holly?  I have some on my scroll but no CB ones,

You can find CB Hollies in the new Holiday biome! And your eggs will show up in the AP when their time roughly matches the times of the eggs in the AP - they need to wait their turn. ^_^