TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

21 minutes ago, CellyBean said:

https://imgur.com/a/1UEtM

maybe we can get cb female hollies next year?

How would that help people who already have their limit of CB hollies? 

TJ said that all CBs would be as they were when they were first released. Apparently all hollies were male and that's how they will be. My one gendered male and the other precoged as male with no mention of being able to be influenced. 

Edited by Jazeki
grammar bleh

1 minute ago, Jazeki said:

How would that help people who already have their limit of CB hollies? 

TJ said that all CBs would be as they were when they were first released. Apparently all hollies were male and that's how they will be. Mine one gendered male and the other precoged as male with no mention of being able to be influenced. 

maybe we wont have limits next year. would make sense to see this year as a test run for everything. 

Edited by CellyBean

2 hours ago, Gluria said:

I can't contribute to gifting as I'm already locked with two Holly hatchies and I was barely able to get those, so giving them away and not be able to catch knew ones is a real possibility for me.

Suggestion: an extra slot for CB holiday eggs/hatchies that auto abandon when they grow their wings, so everyone can only have two CB adults, but still catch additional eggs and give them away to people with slow internet connection who have no success in catching Hollies due to different reasons.

That's an excellent idea.

For now, I would settle for a flood of all Christmas dragons in the Holidays biome. These drops w/ only three eggs are really frustrating to everyone!

Have a couple eggs in the ERs right now that should hatch any moment, but I'll still be locked. Dang hatchies! I've got 1 hatchie that can grow up in an hour, and one in 4 hours, but the rest are a fair ways from growing. I hate having to be patient, lol.

The speed with which all Christmases are going, not just Hollies, is proof of just how much this update was both needed and appreciated! Thanks again for bringing them back, TJ. :D 

Adding my thanks to TJ for this re-release! There has been quite a bit of complaining in this thread from people who think they could run the site better than you, but I really think this has probably gone as well as it could and I for one am very happy with the way it turned out! I never dreamed I could have a CB Holly -- and frankly getting even messy bred Hollies hasn't been too easy -- and I have wanted one ever since I first saw them. Now I have not just one, but two!

To those who are still trying, I wish you luck. One of mine was gifted by a wonderful person here. The other I struggled for days to finally catch on my own. If I were better at catching I would gladly gift some to others, too, but my reflexes are way to slow and only spam clicking that almost broke my laptop was able to let me get the one I got.:o

Do enraged Aegis dragons remain enraged if they are released into the wild?   Mine refuses my prize out of season, so I am tempted to release him and get a new one.  But I don't want to mess up a bunch of lineages if he is going to change forms. 

Four of my eggs hatch tonight and one tomorrow, so hopefully I can try and get at least one CB for every holiday tonight. (Keeping two spots open for new dragon of course.) Still holding on to the hope I can snatch a Holly, sometimes my Internet decides to be a champion and get me things first lol.

Edit: Wait, missing four dragon breed CB's instead of three. Ah well.

Edited by SkyKimimota

4 hours ago, Gluria said:

I can't contribute to gifting as I'm already locked with two Holly hatchies and I was barely able to get those, so giving them away and not be able to catch knew ones is a real possibility for me.

Suggestion: an extra slot for CB holiday eggs/hatchies that auto abandon when they grow their wings, so everyone can only have two CB adults, but still catch additional eggs and give them away to people with slow internet connection who have no success in catching Hollies due to different reasons.

I have vague recollections that way back there used to be a mechanism that you could grab more than two CBs but the extra auto-abandoned after a short amount of time (top of the next hour I believe) so you could try to trade or gift it with the old method of the person you wanted to trade/gift to catching it in the AP since there was no trading function. 

A combination of having eggs from the cave tradeable right away and auto abandoning at the top of the hour if you have grabbed more than your allotted two might work. 

Let me just say that an inordinate number of people name their dragons with a CB and even M F designation, I mean there is 0 possibility it will let you breed a male with a male or vice versa, so that I totally do not get that.   If you want people to pick up your eggs take some time to name them, there are like 5000 random name generators out there, its really not that difficult!

Also, just because you have a holiday dragon does not mean you are obligated to breed it, some of these lineages in the AP are just god awful!!   I wish freeze limits were not in place and we could freeze and release these things to keep it from getting worse, sigh!

4 hours ago, Wolfs_Bane said:

I didn't see that actually. >.< But I don't think I have anything worth trading though. Plus I'm to the point that maybe its better if I give up for this year and just waiting it out until the following year. Maybe I'll have more luck then.

It looks like you have your two now while I was waiting for the one I have to become tradeable. Congrats! 

1 minute ago, Karobb said:

Let me just say that an inordinate number of people name their dragons with a CB and even M F designation, I mean there is 0 possibility it will let you breed a male with a male or vice versa, so that I totally do not get that.   If you want people to pick up your eggs take some time to name them, there are like 5000 random name generators out there, its really not that difficult!

I actually put CB or [number]G-tags to my dragons' names because I keep forgetting which of them are caveborn and which are lineaged.

6 minutes ago, Sazandora said:

I actually put CB or [number]G-tags to my dragons' names because I keep forgetting which of them are caveborn and which are lineaged.

Alternately, you can just arrange your scroll so all the CB are in the same place, or use like I II III, etc   Once you have a successful breeding the last mate will be on the top of the list so you no longer have to worry about misbreeding something, then again they are your dragons, do as you wish!!

Any name is better than no name IMO, but to each their own I suppose, it was really just an observation

Edited by Karobb

8 minutes ago, Karobb said:

Also, just because you have a holiday dragon does not mean you are obligated to breed it, some of these lineages in the AP are just god awful!!   I wish freeze limits were not in place and we could freeze and release these things to keep it from getting worse, sigh!

Not everyone minds those sort of designations in names. And those "awful" AP lineages... Honestly I envy you for finding them! I've been hunting the AP for extremely messy lineages the entire holiday and have found relatively few for the breeds I need. It's fine that you don't like those, but please remember that some of us are very grateful for them!

1 minute ago, Marie19R said:

Not everyone minds those sort of designations in names. And those "awful" AP lineages... Honestly I envy you for finding them! I've been hunting the AP for extremely messy lineages the entire holiday and have found relatively few for the breeds I need. It's fine that you don't like those, but please remember that some of us are very grateful for them!

LOL, guess I am just lucky like that!

10 minutes ago, Karobb said:

Finding the one solitary CB of a breed on my scroll amongst what might be a lot of other identical ones is why I put CB at the end of some of my names.  And while I might be behind on my naming, I do name them all eventually, in between renaming to add the CB to those that need it. 

As for the arrange your scroll so they are all in the same place, that is all well and good if you have the time to do that.  I had mine custom sorted into a particular order that I liked to work with, until my collection got too big and the custom sort page wouldn't load properly. Now they are in one of the default sorts that I can work with. 

And the idea of renaming all of my dragons with I II III IV etc - even if I did have the time to do that, it's only a matter of time before someone else on the forum decides they want to be critical about that too.

I also like to find the odd messy lineage because then I don't feel awful if I need to freeze the hatchling to complete my collection.  If I find a very pretty lineage I don't feel right about freezing it.

12 minutes ago, Karobb said:
13 minutes ago, Karobb said:

You play the game your way and everyone else will do the same.  I shall continue to put CB on each CB egg I get and people will still grab messy lineages from the AP because they like them.

So just looking for confirmation one more time.... Solstice CB have rose wings regardless of time caught, right?

1 minute ago, FullMoonDreams said:

Finding the one solitary CB of a breed on my scroll amongst what might be a lot of other identical ones is why I put CB at the end of some of my names.  And while I might be behind on my naming, I do name them all eventually, in between renaming to add the CB to those that need it. 

As for the arrange your scroll so they are all in the same place, that is all well and good if you have the time to do that.  I had mine custom sorted into a particular order that I liked to work with, until my collection got too big and the custom sort page wouldn't load properly. Now they are in one of the default sorts that I can work with. 

And the idea of renaming all of my dragons with I II III IV etc - even if I did have the time to do that, it's only a matter of time before someone else on the forum decides they want to be critical about that too.

I also like to find the odd messy lineage because then I don't feel awful if I need to freeze the hatchling to complete my collection.  If I find a very pretty lineage I don't feel right about freezing it.

My apologies, it was merely and observation not really a criticism I did not realize how widespread this practice was until this holiday here.   Again, they are your dragons, you are free to do as you wish!

2 minutes ago, Coheart said:

So just looking for confirmation one more time.... Solstice CB have rose wings regardless of time caught, right?

Correct. TJ will change any that turn blue retroactively, so no need to worry. 

2 minutes ago, Coheart said:

Yep that's right! Only 2G Solstice have the chances of being blue-winged

Just now, Jazeki said:

Correct. TJ will change any that turn blue retroactively, so no need to worry. 

It looks like things are working correctly so there shouldn't be any need for this. I just wanted to make it clear that anything that deviated from the original CB releases of Holiday dragons is a bug to be fixed and not an intentional change.