TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

Despite some (expected) grumbling, I think this has been a wonderful thing to have...for me, for everyone else, for all the pretty lineages that will be made.   Thank you TJ!   (And Valentine's to come?)  :D

Edited by Imzadi

I'm going to name my dragons after scary Christmas figures like Krampus to remember the horrible view bombing Christmas murders. 

Was there no hour drop just now? It's :04 and I've been refreshing since :59 and haven't seen a single egg. Did any drop?

1 minute ago, Marie19R said:

Was there no hour drop just now? It's :04 and I've been refreshing since :59 and haven't seen a single egg. Did any drop?

Every biome is empty, so I'm gonna say it's broken.

2 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

I came here to ask the same thing. I'm glad it's not just me. :/ 

1 minute ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

Every biome is empty, so I'm gonna say it's broken.

i didnt even think to check the other biomes. yep looks like its broken. we'll see if the :10 drop coming up will solve it

1 minute ago, CellyBean said:

i didnt even think to check the other biomes. yep looks like its broken. we'll see if the :10 drop coming up will solve it

nope no new eggs in any biomes. its definitely broken

Nope, nothing at the :10 either. 

@TJ09  have you looked into why this happens? Very very frustrating when nothing drops at all!

Also, just because you have a holiday dragon does not mean you are obligated to breed it, some of these lineages in the AP are just god awful!!   I wish freeze limits were not in place and we could freeze and release these things to keep it from getting worse, sigh!

Every time someone says something along these lines, I feel this enormous urge to breed the messiest, most god awful lineage I could possibly think of.  Some people don't care about lineages.  Other people don't have enough CB dragons to breed lovely neat approved lineages.  Some people have a favourite dragon that they want to breed and can't find a perfect mate for, so they do the best they can.  There are no rules about breeding these little fantasy creatures, but every once in a while someone pops up who wants to apply rules.  Yes, we can do what we want with them.  It's not brain surgery.

@Condorflight That's been a glitch for a while, but it's more noticeable now. Eggs simply failed to spawn for the hour.

@Jennie Be lucky vampire bite fails take up a slot for 24 hours or I'd be having a lot of 'fun' right now.

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

7 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

@Condorflight That's been a glitch for a while, but it's more noticeable now. Eggs simply failed to spawn for the hour.

@Jennie Be lucky vampire bite fails take up a slot for 24 hours or I'd be having a lot of 'fun' right now.

kind of rude. people are gonna breed whatever they want. you don't own their dragons so you can't dictate how they are bred. there are no INGAME rules for how a lineage should look either. if you don't like messy lineages don't breed them and/or don't raise them. no one is forcing you to raise anything anyone else breeds or what you yourself breed. 

8 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

That makes me sad. Of course you can do what you want with an egg you pick up, but why kill it just because you personally don't like the lineage? Plenty of other people would love to have that egg. Just re-abandon it and let someone grab it who will value it. I would never deliberately kill an even-gen egg just because I personally don't like even-gens.

Just now, CellyBean said:

kind of rude. people are gonna breed whatever they want. you don't own their dragons so you can't dictate how they are bred. there are no INGAME rules for how a lineage should look either. if you don't like messy lineages don't breed them and/or don't raise them. no one is forcing you to raise anything anyone else breeds or what you yourself breed. 

Not rude- once they go to the AP, they're not yours anymore. I can do what I want and kill is a feature in the game if I so choose. I get punished for it, but I can do it.

@Marie19R It gets irritating to pick up the same undesirable thing over and over, and since I can only access what's on the page at any given time, well.. I can either kill it, or come back in an hour.

The holiday biome will be in place until the clock rolls over to the 25th, right...?

I still need 2 snows and 1 aegis and I'm getting nervous I won't have time to catch anything. My current batch is set to hatch in a day and 5-9 hours, but I don't think it's enough time :(

Oh well, there's always next year-!

Just now, Dragon_Arbock said:

Not rude- once they go to the AP, they're not yours anymore. I can do what I want and kill is a feature in the game if I so choose. I get punished for it, but I can do it.

@Marie19R It gets irritating to pick up the same undesirable thing over and over, and since I can only access what's on the page at any given time, well.. I can either kill it, or come back in an hour.

yeah i get that. what i was considering rude was your reply to jennie. and yeah its irritating i get it. i mainly hunt for cbs so messy/even gen/stairstep? i don't need or want those. but complaining about the people breeding them isn't going to solve anything or make them stop breeding what they're breeding. what can be done are suggestions like having ap egg you picked up and abandoned greyed out so you know you don't want it but still clickable just in case.

@Alrexwolf the holiday biome will disappear at 11:59pm EST, so technically it will be there until the clock rolls over to the 26th. 

@purpledragonclaw

Phew! That's a bundle of stress off of me. I'm so glad I'll be able to catch the rest of what I missed. I'm very thankful for the limits, actually... because otherwise I'd have a hard time deciding what years were more important to me to keep, and I'd "have," to have a full party of the new egg on the 25th, like with Halloween dragons. The 2 cb limit was a lifesaver for me.

Just now, CellyBean said:

yeah i get that. what i was considering rude was your reply to jennie. and yeah its irritating i get it. i mainly hunt for cbs so messy/even gen/stairstep? i don't need or want those. but complaining about the people breeding them isn't going to solve anything or make them stop breeding what they're breeding. what can be done are suggestions like having ap egg you picked up and abandoned greyed out so you know you don't want it but still clickable just in case.

I know of that suggestion and I support it. But I remember there being a similar suggestion long ago and nothing ever came of it.

Sometimes lineage of the egg doesn't even matter to me when I use my vampires. Mass breedings when people flood the AP is the worst, and with Celestials, it only takes one user to do it. When the whole of the AP is only one egg type that nobody wants to take.. I try to turn them so people might want them. The death rate tends to be high though.

1 minute ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

I know of that suggestion and I support it. But I remember there being a similar suggestion long ago and nothing ever came of it.

Sometimes lineage of the egg doesn't even matter to me when I use my vampires. Mass breedings when people flood the AP is the worst, and with Celestials, it only takes one user to do it. When the whole of the AP is only one egg type that nobody wants to take.. I try to turn them so people might want them. The death rate tends to be high though.

yeah it is pretty annoying how slowly suggestions get implemented into the game. mass breedings are annoying but they are needed to help with ratios. sometimes its best to ignore the ap whenever theres a mass breeding going on and focus on the cave or trading in the forums/discord/irc. 

and if there is anything specifically lineages you're looking for i may be able to help you out as long as it doesn't expand pass 4gs (especially even gens they just get way to hard to keep track of and breed) just send me a pm

Just because nothing came from previous suggestions doesn't mean they won't be implemented in the future. That's why threads in Suggestions tend to stay open so long, so as much feedback can be gathered as possible. 

I personally love mass breedings in the AP. I've found several PBs, song lyrics, and Last Of Us dragons from massbreed events. To say that the AP is flooded with only one egg is somewhat disingenuous because the eggs do move; it's just there are so many it appears the wall is not changing.

Please keep this discussion civil. Part of the freedom of this game is being able to play in a way that suits a variety of playstyles.