TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

8 minutes ago, Twimm said:

Gah its so hard not to hunt the AP and fill up my spots, even though I no there's no way I'll have time to hatch them if I also want the new dragons! Such sweet agony XD

Ditto. I have 22 growing things right now. Six of them are eggs, so I have to watch my slots in the hopes that some grow up and hatch in time to give me more space. 

It's going to be 8 hours still before one of my eggs hatches XD And its short on views since I've been fogging them overnight due to all the viewbombing.

I wonder what the holiday event will be that starts at midnight? With all the craziness of the CB release, its probably very good that it didn't start at the same time as holiday breeding :)

Edited by Twimm

Anyone else seeing no eggs at the top of the hour drops?  Twice now I've seen not a single egg, though I'm seeing (and grabbing) eggs at the 5 minute drops. [Edit] - so I went back in at 9:04am to see eggs dropping, then stop, then start up again, then stop... and nothing at 9:05a.  Someone's clock off?

I'm almost caught up, too.  All I have left is to grab a Holly (yea, I know) and I'll have at least one of everything.  Need a Yulebuck to have at least one CB of everything.  

Edited by KiraT
new info.

Unrelatedly, I wish we could name dragons in the egg state. I use names as placeholders quite often to make sure I don't freeze/trade/etc the wrong dragon. 

17 minutes ago, KiraT said:

Anyone else seeing no eggs at the top of the hour drops?  Twice now I've seen not a single egg, though I'm seeing (and grabbing) eggs at the 5 minute drops. [Edit] - so I went back in at 9:04am to see eggs dropping, then stop, then start up again, then stop... and nothing at 9:05a.  Someone's clock off?

I'm almost caught up, too.  All I have left is to grab a Holly (yea, I know) and I'll have at least one of everything.  Need a Yulebuck to have at least one CB of everything.  

Yes they delayed the hour drop til cave time 11:04. It was a small drop like on the 5 min ones, stopped a few seconds, then dropped a smaller batch at 11:05.

Hey, random question - I was on hiatus when Prize dragons were introduced, and I'm confused - are the Tinsels/Shimmers considered holiday dragons, or were they separate?

2 minutes ago, Nathair said:

Yes they delayed the hour drop til cave time 11:04. It was a small drop like on the 5 min ones, stopped a few seconds, then dropped a smaller batch at 11:05.

I noticed drop delays happening on Thursday. From the sounds of it, that's a pattern that's gotten worse. I wasn't sure on Thursday if it was actually the cave, though, or my laggy connection.

1 minute ago, Twimm said:

Hey, random question - I was on hiatus when Prize dragons were introduced, and I'm confused - are the Tinsels/Shimmers considered holiday dragons, or were they separate?

They are separate. Holiday dragons are only around once a year. You can get prizes all year. 

3 minutes ago, Twimm said:

ah, thanks, Jazeki!

You're welcome. For history's sake, the raffle ran simultaneously to the Christmas event, so people associate them with the Christmas holiday. But the prizes were distributed the following year. 

Oh, I see, that's probably why I got confused. Plus, Tinsel sounds so Christmasy (sp?)

Finelly we old player, that have startwd after the Holly release, can get one too.

I guess he did the new biomy thing this year, so that the new players can get some older stuff too. The prizes pairing must be challenging for them if they like to collect some.

I am happy and am expecting the Valentine event to have one too. Looking forward to getting my hands on the oldest 2009 Valentines. ;)

Good thing he kept the limit up. During Halloween I found myself not in control of my hoarding urges. :rolleyes:

Thank you TJ. 

Edited by Mirume

I can't even process in my head getting all the missing Valentine CBs lol. I'm still wrapping my head around the CB Hollies and all the lineage implications and I wonder how it will affect trading - hopefully it will level the playing field a bit. Or would it make it so that CB metals are the only thing people accept for very rare trades (like Neglecteds, unbreedables, etc), and holiday IOUs are out of the running?

I will be fascinated to see. The steep scale of trading is why I personally don't care much about lineages. Although I appreciate pretty ones, I don't mind a tangled mess!

I would be happy for years to come if the same kind of re-release happened for the valentines. 2 Cb's of each was and still is my scroll goal for all the dragon breeds. I always tend to miss valentines for some reason too. Maybe I just forget about it because I am unloved off the computer so I never celebrate that particular holiday.

I flip flop on the idea that more cb holidays will create less of a need for them in the trading area. Mostly because in my mind I see that yeah everyone has a cb pair now, but that can only get you to a 3 gen checker, so people will still be looking for 2nd gen or other 3 gen checkers like their own to continue their lines.

AHHHHHHH 

I managed to get two CB Hollies on the five minute drops. I'm so happy.

3 minutes ago, TerraAnne said:

I flip flop on the idea that more cb holidays will create less of a need for them in the trading area. Mostly because in my mind I see that yeah everyone has a cb pair now, but that can only get you to a 3 gen checker, so people will still be looking for 2nd gen or other 3 gen checkers like their own to continue their lines.

Oh, good point. Maybe trading requests will be more for specific lineages then, and less for 2Gs.

3 minutes ago, Draco Knight said:

AHHHHHHH 

I managed to get two CB Hollies on the five minute drops. I'm so happy.

Congratulations! It's such a great feeling ^_^

32 minutes ago, Twimm said:

I noticed drop delays happening on Thursday. From the sounds of it, that's a pattern that's gotten worse. I wasn't sure on Thursday if it was actually the cave, though, or my laggy connection.

Higher chance its the cave imho. I am on mobile and it usually loads pages quicker on data than my wifi. Halloween all over again @_@

So, my last chance to breed all my Christmas dragons is tomorrow 23:59, right? Not tonight 23:59?

Just want to make sure because I haven't bred my dragons yet x.x

@Kegluneq I think that's right. The new holiday dragon will start dropping at 23:59 tonight, but the past holiday dragons will be breedable until 23:59 tomorrow night.

1 minute ago, Twimm said:

@Kegluneq I think that's right. The new holiday dragon will start dropping at 23:59 tonight, but the past holiday dragons will be breedable until 23:59 tomorrow night.

Thanks, Twimm ^^

I'll try to breed all my dragons for those who need them. I got plenty but I need to check if I already have proper mates for all of them XD

22 hours ago, Terces said:

I believe they keep the form they had when released, so if he's enraged now he should still be enraged in the wild. I know someone actually tested this but I can't find their post...

Thanks!   I decided to go for it.   In case anyone else searches for this topic, here's a handy link to my Wild Enraged Aegis

Since I am allowed 7 on my scroll,  I figured I can get one more, Then wait for the 2018 xmas ones. Was surprised that I actually nabbed a red/white patterned egg as I thought I had 2 of them on my scroll. Forget the name of it.

3 minutes ago, LuvDragons said:

Since I am allowed 7 on my scroll,  I figured I can get one more, Then wait for the 2018 xmas ones. Was surprised that I actually nabbed a red/white patterned egg as I thought I had 2 of them on my scroll. Forget the name of it.

The limit of 2 only applies to CBs; you can have as many bred dragons as you like.