TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

Ehm... I wonder if this year CB Holly may be female? I've just seen post in trading, someone want to trade cb male Holly for CB female... O_o

Just now, Darine said:

Ehm... I wonder if this year CB Holly may be female? I've just seen post in trading, someone want to trade cb male Holly for CB female... O_o

You can't influence them? And as far as I know they are all going to be male? :huh: Am I wrong??

5 minutes ago, Fabula said:

You can't influence them? And as far as I know they are all going to be male? :huh: Am I wrong??

I can't influence mine. But now I doubt if they may or not to be CB female.

Just now, Darine said:

I can't influence mine. But now I doubt if they may or not to be CB female.

Has anyone precog'd any to find out? If one is precog'd male then that would mean all are male, right?

12 minutes ago, Varnayrah said:

I just bred an egg with the code HuhnN :D (Huhn means chicken in german)

Ha! That's awesome! XD

27 minutes ago, Darine said:

The default CB Holly is male. Both of mine gendered male and couldn't be influenced. This is because the only female CB Hollies are those that were won in previous raffles.

Currently I've got 1 Yulbuck. and I hope to get second one.

And I caught all of CB christmas eggs I missed due to long hiatus exept Holy.

CB holy... would be so difficult for me.

20 minutes ago, Ripan said:

The default CB Holly is male. Both of mine gendered male and couldn't be influenced. This is because the only female CB Hollies are those that were won in previous raffles.

Thank you for making it clear:)

Whew... Finally caught the last Ribbon Dancer I needed. Now I officially have two of every CB Holiday for x-mas. <3 <3 <3

It was almost harder to catch the Ribbon Dancer, Winter Magi, and Wrapping Wings! XD

In re: the conversation from four hours ago: I've been really enjoying giving away Hollies, too! I have one with a can't-give-it-up code, and unless I get another of those, I'm leaning toward just sticking with that one this year and leaving my other slot empty on purpose so that (assuming the Holiday biome is a permanent Holiday event fixture now) I can help catch next year if needed. I personally don't care for Hollies much, but they're so special to so many people that I'm getting more joy from passing them out than I would from just capping myself at 2 and calling it a day.

You'll pry my Yulebuck babies from my cold, dead fingers though. XD :P :D

Edited by LibbyLishly

Did the the 5min drop just now only have TWO eggs? both Agesis?  because I was refreshing from a min before and that was all that I saw pass my screen o.O

2 minutes ago, LibbyLishly said:

In re: the conversation from four hours ago: I've been really enjoying giving away Hollies, too! I have one with a can't-give-it-up code, and unless I get another of those, I'm leaning toward just sticking with that one this year on purpose so that (assuming the Holiday biome is a permanent Holiday event fixture now) I can help catch next year if needed. I personally don't care for Hollies much, but they're so special to so many people that I'm getting more joy from passing them out than I would from just capping myself at 2 and calling it a day.

You'll pry my Yulebuck babies from my cold, dead fingers though. XD :P :D

Yep, my Yulebucks are on my scroll to stay.  They are hatched and named already - though admittedly I didn't know until I went to transfer something else that named hatchlings can't be transferred anyway. That is a nice idea to keep one slot permanently free for next year. 

1 minute ago, DragonLady86 said:

Did the the 5min drop just now only have TWO eggs? both Agesis?  because I was refreshing from a min before and that was all that I saw pass my screen o.O

I only saw one!

Day four: Still nothing. The number of people jumped from 69 to 98. Please make it easier to get the two eggs everyone wants TJ! Just flood the cave with nothing but Hollies and Yule Bucks for the rest of the event. I beg you!

WB

Considering people are posting that they're still looking for other things, that would hardly be fair. 

But everything else is much easier to catch though. Plus I'm very frustrated too. 

WB 

Got my second Holly after a lot of waffling due to "but what if Old School HM Raffle" (I really want a female CB Holly :V). It's getting a lot easier as time goes on, so don't give up!

19 minutes ago, Wolfs_Bane said:

But everything else is much easier to catch though. Plus I'm very frustrated too. 

WB 

There are people actively gifting holidays to people that are missing--mostly hollies-- @LibbyLishly and @FullMoonDreams just posted on this page and @Marie19R was trading for messy holidays. I saw someone else asking for a blue baikala.

Have you considered reaching out to one of them for help?

TJ has already adjusted drops, so I'm not sure there is much more he can do aside from make sure they don't stop dropping like people mentioned earlier.

I can't contribute to gifting as I'm already locked with two Holly hatchies and I was barely able to get those, so giving them away and not be able to catch knew ones is a real possibility for me.

Suggestion: an extra slot for CB holiday eggs/hatchies that auto abandon when they grow their wings, so everyone can only have two CB adults, but still catch additional eggs and give them away to people with slow internet connection who have no success in catching Hollies due to different reasons.

Edited by Gluria

38 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

There are people actively gifting holidays to people that are missing--mostly hollies-- @LibbyLishly and @FullMoonDreams just posted on this page and @Marie19R was trading for messy holidays. I saw someone else asking for a blue baikala.

Have you considered reaching out to one of them for help?

TJ has already adjusted drops, so I'm not sure there is much more he can do aside from make sure they don't stop dropping like people mentioned earlier.

I didn't see that actually. >.< But I don't think I have anything worth trading though. Plus I'm to the point that maybe its better if I give up for this year and just waiting it out until the following year. Maybe I'll have more luck then.

Plot twist

-hollies may not be influencable, but for whatever reason they have a 50/50 gender ratio-

While this would be interesting I do think all the hollies this year would be males just to keep the female winners of past years happy. <3

Hmmm... gimme a second and I'll precog my Hollies.

Oooh, interesting. I can't precog the other breeds that are only one gender, but I can still precog Hollies and Mistletoes. Both my CB Mistletoes went female, though, which is like the original release.

Both my CB Hollies precogged male. I haven't seen anyone posting that they got a female except by raffle. I'd love to know if anyone did, though!

Edited by Twimm

OMG it took me five days now? Or has it only been four? Well since the very start of this event to catch a holly myself! AND I've been on for hours and hours at a time most of the days trying to catch them. Finally got my last holly. The only thing I need now is the last soulstice but I'm egg locked. XD  My holly hatchie (gifted to me two days ago now) precoged male, but lets experiment and precog this new egg. Since I haven't used any aeons since the start of this all mine are ready to go.

EDIT:

Lol

" Wemajt Tyuvult uses the power of time magic to create an illusion of the future, revealing that this egg will be male, though its future may still be influenced. "

The second is male too but of course influence won't work.

Edited by TerraAnne

29 minutes ago, TerraAnne said:

OMG it took me five days now? Or has it only been four? Well since the very start of this event to catch a holly myself! AND I've been on for hours and hours at a time most of the days trying to catch them. Finally got my last holly. The only thing I need now is the last soulstice but I'm egg locked. XD  My holly hatchie (gifted to me two days ago now) precoged male, but lets experiment and precog this new egg. Since I haven't used any aeons since the start of this all mine are ready to go.

EDIT:

Lol

" Wemajt Tyuvult uses the power of time magic to create an illusion of the future, revealing that this egg will be male, though its future may still be influenced. "

The second is male too but of course influence won't work.

I believe all CB Hollies will always be male, but bred ones can gender either male or female. At least, that's what I've been reading, though someone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :P