TJ09

2017-10-25 - Halloween Event

Quick question for everyone, which the mention of ERs reminded me of it.

Is Allure of Neglected Dragons looking glitchy for anyone else? Because I not only can't see the ER or aqny of the stuff below it, but I haven't been able to see them for about a week now, no matter the computer I use.

1 hour ago, Amazon_warrior said:

Yay, helpers!  :)  Although no one should feel like they have to, I just thought it'd be good to hatch out some of the messier ones to move things along a bit (I'm leaving prettier lineages in case a collector happens by).

No, it's a great idea, really. I woul have not gotten any in order to be ready for tomorrow. I didn't want to lock myself with hatchlings. But to abandon them once hatched helps as well and they will have a chance to find a nice home. So, thanks for pointing out the option!

As other people have posted the hatches they have seen here are the ones I have seen so far

Black Marrow's - 10
Cavern Lurker's - 8
Desipis's - 4
Grave's -15
Pumpkin's - 4
Shadow Walker's - 7
Caligene's - 4
Witchlight's - 1

amazing costumes everyone :) *hands out treats to evrypne*

Thank you for the Halloween throwback biome 💜 some of these lovelies I thought I'd never own CB. What a nice surprise. Love the costumes too! And the treats are amazing as always! Glad I made it this year!

1 hour ago, Terces said:

Ooh, good idea! I was getting a little annoyed at grabbing the same messy eggs over and over, I'll start chucking them into hatcheries too. Hopefully this will encourage some more variety in the AP. XD

When I find really messy lineages I hatch them, freeze the hatchie and then release them.

5 hours ago, AveryCF said:

OH THAT'S SO CREEPY... I SEE IT NOW! x'D I never knew there was a face before! Ty! x'D

Neither did I. Someone else pointed it out. I eill never see these eggs the same way again.

Well 98% of my projects will have to wait for next year. :P Never in a million years did I expect TJ to give us CBs of Halloweens Past. Is that why you gave us that extra slot Mister? Sneaky sneaky. ;)

I really hope this trend continues with the other Holidays. I would love to complete my CB collection.

9 hours ago, Marie19R said:

Omg the fairy outfits are adorable!! .... I'm not sure I can cram anything else into my dragon's costume though, lol.

Apparently one of my mom's friends *hates* Halloween, says it's "evil" and such, has never allowed her children to go trick-or-treating, and was complaining because our church had a potluck today and it shouldn't have been scheduled close to Halloween (even though it was specifically a Harvest Potluck and Halloween wasn't mentioned at all). I feel bad for her kids... If you don't like Halloween that's fine, but don't make your kids miss out on such a wonderful childhood experience.

This was my parents, too! Every Halloween our family sat inside with all the lights off and pretended we were not at home, and Mom would sit around terrified of anyone knocking on the door. It was dismal. I didn't get to go trick-or-treating until I was 17, when I joined some friends. They were trick-or-treating one last time because it was their last year of high school, but it was my very first time! I went two more years after that with my sister's friends (I'm short enough that if I hide under a costume, you wouldn't know my age), but then I called it quits. Ever since moving away from my parents, though, I have loved Halloween as much as Christmas, maybe even just a snidge more - I have lots of lost time to make up for!

Instead of trick-or-treating, I set up a candy scavenger hunt during the month of October. We get no trick-or-treaters at our house (the HOA complains that it would lower the property values), but I set some out anyway for the neighbor kids. One thing I've never gotten to do that I always wished for though was to go through a good haunted house. I'm a little too old now to really get the thrill I would have gotten when I was younger.

Hmm, although not planned, I can go for some AP hunt. I can't remember seeing hatchable eggs in there before. Now for some statistics...

I've seen 53 hatchlings (have Shadow Walker):
Grave: 17
Caligene: 7
Pumpkin: 6
Desipis: 6
Shadow Walker: 5
Black Marrow: 4
Cavern Lurker: 4
Witchlight: 4

Sets I've got for free: black wizard (Hufflepuff), white ballerina, navy pirate, silver knight, yellow fairy.

3 hours ago, LibbyLishly said:

Yikes! Stay safe. :blink:

2 hours ago, Caerhann said:

Same thing is happening in Poland. Getting to the office was quite an adventure. Stay safe.

It's very nice to hear someone cares about me. ^_^ Don't worry, safety first, and I'm fine. In case you'd like to see the fallen tree... (I hope it's OK since my post is not entirely off-topic)

Spoiler

tree-1.jpg.883f191c18d55054c064cf1570552333.jpgtree-2.jpg.3a5639f67c9ad9883a48196f541213eb.jpg

Still acquiring new costumes for my Halloween dragon. Lavender and yellow Fairy attire look so bright and cheery. I'm glad my dragon likes unique and colorful costumes!

I will have all my nests but one cleared for tonight's release of this year's Halloween dragon eggs. My last nest will open by morning so my nursery will be filled to the gills with new and old CB Halloween eggs and hatchlings. Hard to decide if i should pu any more of the old breeds or go all out for the new one. Can't get better either way.. Happy Halloween to everyone!!

Edited by PrairieStead

I'm waiting on one more hatchie to grow up so that I can pick up one last AP egg before the Halloween event. I should have 8 free egg slots at midnight. :3

1 hour ago, Syiren said:

Well 98% of my projects will have to wait for next year. :P Never in a million years did I expect TJ to give us CBs of Halloweens Past. Is that why you gave us that extra slot Mister? Sneaky sneaky. ;)

I really hope this trend continues with the other Holidays. I would love to complete my CB collection.

Same here. XD I had a very long list of the breeds and special lineages I was supposed to grab and breed this Halloween but I got too caught up in trying to grab the CBs as I'm missing CBs of 3 past breeds. That said, I still need a few more to complete scroll goals but I'm happy I finally have CBs of everything. ^_^ I'm also excited as I can now breed mates for the 2Gs myself. 

The fairy costumes are so cute! My Pumpkie is a pink-and-purple fairy with a blue parrot <3

43 minutes ago, Anemonis said:

It's very nice to hear someone cares about me. ^_^ Don't worry, safety first, and I'm fine. In case you'd like to see the fallen tree... (I hope it's OK since my post is not entirely off-topic)

Reveal hidden contents

tree-1.jpg.883f191c18d55054c064cf1570552333.jpgtree-2.jpg.3a5639f67c9ad9883a48196f541213eb.jpg

Whoa. Now I'm kinda afraid seeing as there's a couple of rather tall birches next to my apartment building (one vis-a-vis my kitchen window, and the other right in front of the biggest window in the bedroom. I really like those birches, and I like my windows, too...

By the way, here's a funny glitch. Had to log out and in again to get rid of it.

Spoiler

a3Fk3i6.png

28 minutes ago, jetaime said:

Same here. XD I had a very long list of the breeds and special lineages I was supposed to grab and breed this Halloween but I got too caught up in trying to grab the CBs as I'm missing CBs of 3 past breeds. That said, I still need a few more to complete scroll goals but I'm happy I finally have CBs of everything. ^_^ I'm also excited as I can now breed mates for the 2Gs myself. 

Yesh, thats one of the many epic things about it. I can FINALLY get a mate for some of my 2Gs that I never expected to get, considering theyre 2g silvers and golds. I can probably make another 11 projects happen now with this alone. Its CRAZY! and I love it. :D

Edited by Syiren
Typoes suck. Lol

And after 42 hatchlings I finally see my first Caligene. I was beginning to worry I wouldn't get any before the event was over.

7 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

are you looking for a specific lineage? I haven't bred mine yet.

Sorry for the late reply, I'd gone to bed. I was able to get my last two Cavern Lurkers, but thanks for the offer!

Went to see if the Shadow Walker Wall was still there, and see only a few SWs. Lots of Caligenes and some Black Marrows, though.

4 hours ago, Rivergold said:

Quick question for everyone, which the mention of ERs reminded me of it.

Is Allure of Neglected Dragons looking glitchy for anyone else? Because I not only can't see the ER or aqny of the stuff below it, but I haven't been able to see them for about a week now, no matter the computer I use.

Yes, something is wrong with that site. Since many days ego. I'm using this and that. Carefull with de second one. 

Odd. I have found AOND working just fine....

I have at last been visited by a pumpkin. It's stark naked, but at least it came :lol:

about the costumes, will we get to keep the costumes we chose by the end of the event? will the dragons be viewable? or do we just keep the bade?

what will happen tomorrow...

Something thats always bugged me, but its still cute no matter what. Pumpkin dragons seem more like frogs to me. Am I the only one? I still love the little pumpkin hoppers. x3

The Pumpkin hatchlings definitely do have a bit of a frog vibe going on, I remember thinking that when they first came out. I think it adds to their appeal.