TJ09

2017-10-25 - Halloween Event

Anyone who still needs CB Caligenes, it's worth checking the abandoned egg section. I just saw a couple of CB ER eggs from there just before. I'm guessing there's probably more. (Not sure if anyone is interested (or has room) given the new release tomorrow, but they should be incuhatchable I'd say. Worth a look if you need them).

Edited by Jacj

@Jacj They aren't incuhatchable, they're hatchable. No need to use Red dragons, just put them into ER and wait. Almost instant hatchies, but be careful not to scroll lock yourself. I have gold trophy and 14 growing dragons now, so I stopped to have 7 free slots tomorrow.

I was able to catch in AP two more Desipises, two 3rd gen Grave siblings and two 3rd gen Caligene siblings. Yay, I'm so happy! :D They hatched after around 30 minutes. And all that without interfering with my tomorrow plans - I'm joining The Great CB Halloween APing Project.

Filling saw a Cave Lurker! It's all decked out in the ghost costume, but I could tell by the tail lol. Hooray! Now I just need AT LEAST two CB Black Marrows since I missed that year. Would really like a male and female. Time to go hunt I guess >.<

Well I guess I was a little over-conservative trying to make sure I'd have enough room for maximum new-Halloweens tomorrow... Just looked at the times on my hatchies, and I can actually get two or three more AP eggs and still have room for max new-Halloweens tomorrow. Now to figure out what breeds I want to focus those three slots on... Hmm.

I finally saw a Witchlight hatchie! It's dressed like a little ghostly wizard <3

2 hours ago, Syiren said:

Something thats always bugged me, but its still cute no matter what. Pumpkin dragons seem more like frogs to me. Am I the only one? I still love the little pumpkin hoppers. x3

I named one of my Pumpkins "Pumpkin Frog", so no, you're certainly not the only one. :D

Haven't bred many of my old Halloweens yet, so I just bred all my CB Caligenes and sent 18 2nd-gen eggs to the AP (as well as two 2nd-gen Black Marrows from my only CB). May wait to breed the rest of my CBs until tomorrow.

This has been such an exciting event!  I've been able to catch two CBs of every breed except Pumpkins and Desipis, and I have two slots left open for tomorrow's new breed.  Here's hoping they all gender right, 'cause I'm all out of influences.

I probably shouldn't risk it, but I'm considering trying to grab a pair of Pumpkins with my last two slots, and then AP hunting for CB new releases when my eggs all hatch...  Hmm.

12 minutes ago, Scatterspark said:

This has been such an exciting event!  I've been able to catch two CBs of every breed except Pumpkins and Desipis, and I have two slots left open for tomorrow's new breed.  Here's hoping they all gender right, 'cause I'm all out of influences.

I probably shouldn't risk it, but I'm considering trying to grab a pair of Pumpkins with my last two slots, and then AP hunting for CB new releases when my eggs all hatch...  Hmm.

I can send you two of new dragons after you get free if you want to get some pumpkins.

and I can influence them if I can still teleport them after that.

Edit: oh, I look it up, the influence will be remove if I teleport. :( So I just can only offer the two new dragons.

Edited by Lady Dragoon

17 minutes ago, Lady Dragoon said:

I can send you two of new dragons after you get free if you want to get some pumpkins.

Edit: oh, I look it up, the influence will be remove if I teleport. :( So I just can only offer the two new dragons.

That would be really nice, actually! :o  Thank you for offering!  I'll send you a message. <3

Just picked up the last two AP eggs for today. I've spent the afternoon hatching random eggs and sending the hatchies back to the AP - as @Amazon_warrior suggested.

I'll be probably hunting some extra new eggs and release them to the AP as well. I hope that people who are locked have a chance to grab them after all.

Have a good night and see you tomorrow with a brand new Holiday breed, yay!! :D

20 minutes ago, Lady Dragoon said:

Influence wears off when teleported.

I love the past Halloween dragons being released! My goal was 2 pairs of each, which I have hit for all except pumpkins and marrows, so not bad.

Finally saw some witchlight hatchies today!

And I can't wait to see the new halloween egg tomorrow :)

iam still catching low times in the ap to hatch and throw back. i got all the treats, CB Halloweens i need, and all the costumes so far. not much else for me to do. =]

23 minutes ago, Fiona said:

Influence wears off when teleported.

Thank you!

I actually look it up after I wrote that, but thanks you anyway because I could have been lazy and put off looking until later.

Edited by Lady Dragoon

I was wondering... maybe it's just me, but I would like to see a gallery for the little treats you find around site. Like, it shows the sprite and explains any references that it might represent. I think it would be cool. Is there anything like that somewhere?

13 minutes ago, InkedMyths said:

I was wondering... maybe it's just me, but I would like to see a gallery for the little treats you find around site. Like, it shows the sprite and explains any references that it might represent. I think it would be cool. Is there anything like that somewhere?

One of our badges (the little pumpkin bucket) directs us to what treats we already have collected (here's mine.) While there doesn't seem to be much explanation into treat sprites, the wikia does give us some insight into what treats do turn up and their artists. :) 

Edited by lovecats99

4 minutes ago, lovecats99 said:

One of our badges (the little pumpkin bucket) directs us to what treats we already have collected (here's mine.) While there doesn't seem to be much explanation into treat sprites, the wikia does give us some insight into what treats do turn up and their artists. :) 

That's pretty cool. I still think there should be a thread or something discussing the references/origins of the sprites, partially because I get the feeling there are several references that I'very missed.  | v |'

20 minutes ago, InkedMyths said:

That's pretty cool. I still think there should be a thread or something discussing the references/origins of the sprites, partially because I get the feeling there are several references that I'very missed.  | v |'

I can tell you what mine are. The golden butterflies, cat with purple ribbons, pumpkin+candy+pearls, and hat with roses are references to Umineko no Naku Koro Ni. The black cat with a witch hat is a reference to Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea. The 3-legged raven is a reference to Touhou. And the candy pile and the tiny dragon with a lollipop aren't references they're just there.

Me!

I can tell you the origin for mine: glass ball (looks like Jupiter) - I just wanted to sprite a treat and went fishing for ideas.

Draining brain - that feeling when you can't think of something when you want to sprite something. Brain Drain!

Vampire Castle - I saw a picture of a castle when I was looking for something else and it looked like it had a mouth and eyes from the way the gate everything was placed. So, I gave one a mouth with fangs and eyes.

Eye Egg - Well, dragon eye on an egg.... I dunno, maybe you had to be there. Was fun though.

Finally ALL eight breeds! so happy

59f7a92032dab_ScreenShot2017-10-30at3_34_28PM.png.3a9303dca47ce9be4eea8905e239701e.png

visited 54 hatches in total

3 minutes ago, InkedMyths said:

in years past it get released at the end of the event