TJ09

2017-10-25 - Halloween Event

I've finally caught one of each but this lag is certainly intense.  I have even contemplated a subscription for the holiday months because the ads really do slow down the page!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! Oh, how I have been waiting for this event ALL year! The smell of candy, the giggling of dragons and their keepers, not to mention ALL the amazing costumes! I have been looking forward to this, all week long I have worn my Halloween hats to work, bows in my hair, and slugging back candy. I also made Halloween Unicorn Bars!

Thanks to TJ and his crew for yet another amazing Halloween event, and a beautifully spooky dragon baby to come! *dances and eats candy*

1 hour ago, AveryCF said:

I think I might go with the Witchlight, number 3 in my choices... I guess I have to be my own tie breaker- do you know how hard that is? XD
Let's go fuzzy witchlight baby. Apparently barely anyone picks Witchlight's, or so I've been informed.

yay, another on the witchlight team! i havint found ONE yet. my witchlight must be feeling so lonely. ;u;

Just now, reddof-f6 said:

yay, another on the witchlight team! i havint found ONE yet. my witchlight must be feeling so lonely. ;u;

Awe, well maybe DC will be forgiving and pair us up together. ;3; Just now my timer went up so I went out again, but I've only seen three kinds so far. Three Grave's, one Shadow Walker and one Caligene dragon... I totally spaced out that you get candy if you're visited though, so I was just cleaning out my email and watching new youtube videos emailed to me only to come back to having more trick-or-treaters. ;3; What a nice surprise, managed to buy my first costume. I'm thinking a witchy, mummy, knight- thing. Idk, I like those costumes the most so i'll figure out some blend that looks amazing. Though I didn't know you got two knight outfits for buying the one, the silver knight outfit was a nice surprise. ;3;

4 minutes ago, AveryCF said:

Awe, well maybe DC will be forgiving and pair us up together. ;3; Just now my timer went up so I went out again, but I've only seen three kinds so far. Three Grave's, one Shadow Walker and one Caligene dragon... I totally spaced out that you get candy if you're visited though, so I was just cleaning out my email and watching new youtube videos emailed to me only to come back to having more trick-or-treaters. ;3; What a nice surprise, managed to buy my first costume. I'm thinking a witchy, mummy, knight- thing. Idk, I like those costumes the most so i'll figure out some blend that looks amazing. Though I didn't know you got two knight outfits for buying the one, the silver knight outfit was a nice surprise. ;3;

You get a random costume each night free and have to buy the other colors. :)

Why only trick or treat once an hour?  Can't I send my dragons out to visit others even I only get candy myself once an hour?  D:  I wantz to see ALL the dragons!

Edited by DragonLady86

I have actually seen more Witchlights than some other breeds. My count as of this minute:

Grave 11

Shadow Walker 9

Black Marrow 6

Witchlight 5

Caligene 4

Desipis 4

Cavern Lurker 1

Pumpkin 0 :(

2 minutes ago, AveryCF said:

I totally spaced out that you get candy if you're visited though, so I was just cleaning out my email and watching new youtube videos emailed to me only to come back to having more trick-or-treaters. ;3; What a nice surprise, managed to buy my first costume. I'm thinking a witchy, mummy, knight- thing.

i went with a similar costume theme.

so far ive seen:

pumpkin - 4

grave - 8

despis - 8

caligene - 1

shadow - 10

Black Marrow - 2
Cavern Lurker - 4
Witchlight - 0

ddvd.png

It's very strange when you find a hatching which is almost identically dressed to your own (waves at Lera12352)

Alright here are the ones that I've seen so far:

Pumpkin- 4
Marrow- 7
Shadow- 11
Lurker- 5
Grave- 8
Desipis- 6
Caligene- 4
Witchlight- 3

So shadow lurkers are the most likely for me to run into, Desipis surprises me but I usually see two in a row when they do show up.Pumpkins and Caligene's are tied, and Witchlights are the rarest. My choice, cavern lurker, seems to be in a good middle ground.

anyone else keep timing the trick or treat just right to get "Get candy (0 minutes)"  I mean, come on, it's close enough. 

I’m loving this event! Its really fun seeing all the costumes people come up with and being able to get CB Halloween dragons. ;D

I went with a knight-pirate theme for my hatchling.

2DE33F12-81ED-4CF3-9FFB-07FD375788CB.jpeg

1 minute ago, DragonLady86 said:

anyone else keep timing the trick or treat just right to get "Get candy (0 minutes)"  I mean, come on, it's close enough. 

I've gotten the 0 minutes like 20 times and refreshing never helps!

Ooh, stats. I've seen:

1 pumpkin

5 marrows

7 shadows

5 lurkers

7 graves

8 desipises

0 caligenes (except mine)

4 witchlight

I didn't realize caligenes were so under-represented since I chose the caligene on the first night. I know others are using them, but it'd be nice to meet another one in-game.

Just now, Cecona said:

I've gotten the 0 minutes like 20 times and refreshing never helps!

I realize it means I've got "less than a minute" and could be anywhere from 59 seconds or less, but it's so annoying.  lol

I just ran into wpfh93's witchlight when trick-or-treating.~ I also got three more candies earlier from visitors to get the green witch costume so now I actually have a bit of mix and matching going on. Liking somewhat how my hatchling looks so far but i'm now saving for the mummy costume. After that I guess i'll see from there on how I feel about the other costumes and if I want to try and get anymore or just... Help others collect candies.~

Black Marrow's - 0
Cavern Lurker's - 0
Desipis's - 0
Grave's - 4 (Apparently Grave's are very popular according to what I have so far.)

Pumpkin's - 0
Shadow Walker's - 1
Caligene's - 1
Witchlight's - (Besides mine) 1

EDIT: Also, hour before this last one I got stuck on 0 minutes as well. Immediately I knew it probably meant I just had to wait some odd seconds from 59 and under, but it would be nice for it to actually give you a number of how many seconds sense LAST TIME you refreshed lol.

Edited by AveryCF

It is annoying lol, but once it's over I get more candy!

I can never remember exactly when I got candy last, so when I refresh it's always like 23 more minutes, 14 more minutes... And then I get distracted for a half hour and end up wasting time. I got candy a few hours ago, then thought maybe I could take a quick nap while waiting for the timer to count down... Ended up sleeping almost two hours.

5-ish hours until my first Halloween hatchie grows up! So excited so excited!

Edited by Marie19R

I have about 15-16 hours before my babies grow up... I hope having them fogged won't effect them growing up because I'm STILL being targeted for view bombing. I've had to remove my scroll from a few different places twice already.

Anyone seeing what's happening in the biomes? it's been ten minutes since the hourly drop and they're still empty. Is this a Halloween thing or..?

I just now discovered that I clicked on the hatchlings on the EVENT... all users' customers....  like bluebird4's Costume.... etc..... :lol:

1 minute ago, blockEdragon said:

Anyone seeing what's happening in the biomes? it's been ten minutes since the hourly drop and they're still empty. Is this a Halloween thing or..?

The drop glitches sometimes.  It may take up to the next hour to fix itself. ;/

27 minutes ago, Cecona said:

I have about 15-16 hours before my babies grow up... I hope having them fogged won't effect them growing up because I'm STILL being targeted for view bombing. I've had to remove my scroll from a few different places twice already.

they shouldint if they have enough views. if they have enough when unfogged they'll instantly grow to the stage needed.

Wow, the first trick-or-treater dragon I see is Persona3's, which is my favorite game eveeer~

What are the chances of that? :'D

<33

2 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

The drop glitches sometimes.  It may take up to the next hour to fix itself. ;/

Thanks, I was just about to ask about it myself. :)

Finally got the mummy costume but now i'm beginning to question what I was going for. Actually seeing it didn't match what was going on in my head lol, opps. XD Oh well, but I have found more Caligene hatchlings.
Also I managed to get 20/50 of the treats found around the site. I was thinking i'll never get them all before Halloween, but now I stand corrected. Love proving myself wrong, means I can be confident. ;3; (And yes- you read that right. When i'm right it means I lack confidence lol.)

Black Marrow's - 0
Cavern Lurker's - 0
Desipis's - 0
Grave's - 4
Pumpkin's - 0
Shadow Walker's - 1
Caligene's - 3
Witchlight's - (Besides mine) 1

Edited by AveryCF