TJ09

2017-10-25 - Halloween Event

So I take it the candy is just to dress up the hatchling? And no new dragons have been released this year? (Yay for me because that means I was able to get at least 1 of every breed from past years.)

Ack! If only I had checked in again sooner! :wacko: I must have missed the announcement by a day or two, but it's a bit too late for me to make use of all the shiny goodies now. :( Oh dear.

Ah well! I hope everyone has been having fun with it. :) I really like the idea—I was just late to the party.

I have finally returned to this topic after apparently getting three visitors in total last night, and then I found the fourth. Two Desipis's, a Grave and the single Black Marrow was found when I went out for more candy with my baby.

Treats found: 41/50 (Nearly there. x.x)
Dragons found met in total: 23 Hatchlings
Black Marrow's - 2
Cavern Lurker's - 2
Desipis's - 2
Grave's - 8
Pumpkin's - 1
Shadow Walker's - 2
Caligene's - 4
Witchlight's - (Besides mine) 2

As for the topic of the Pumpkin's kinda looking like frogs, I sort of have to agree. While I know a Pumpkin was my first ever Halloween dragon years ago, I always thought it looked a bit silly... Well okay, not always, not when I was a kid. x'D But when I grew up I knew it was more of those silly innocent looking ones rather than the creepy and cool Halloween ones that have happened over the years.~ (Don't get me wrong, I mean "Silly" in a good way. I like them all. ;3; ) Black Marrow's and Shadow Walkers are probably my favories so far though over the years. Though my Witchlight is still an egg right now (Game dragon not the event hatchie) I have seen what they look like from the wiki. Plus, we'll also be getting a new Halloween dragon to join the team tomorrow so... I guess we'll have to see if they make it to the top favorites or not. ;3; We shall see.~

1 minute ago, AngryMothNoises said:

So I take it the candy is just to dress up the hatchling? And no new dragons have been released this year? (Yay for me because that means I was able to get at least 1 of every breed from past years.)

New dragons are released on Halloween day, that's tomorrow. So try not to egg lock yourself unless you can hatch them in time! c:

2 minutes ago, vish coldfire said:

how many treats are there ?

The first post that TJ made says 50 in total. c:

Most hatchlings I've met seem to be new to the game. Is it possible that those who are not as active get visitors more often and those of us who are more active get fewer visitors in order to balance the candy outcome? I've hardly had any visitors.

Just now, AveryCF said:

New dragons are released on Halloween day, that's tomorrow. So try not to egg lock yourself unless you can hatch them in time! c:

Time for me to die. Though, I have one that will hatch in 13 hours...... Guess I don't need that black marrow........ But I want that witch light and pumpkin......... I will figure something out -sobs-

Well I ended up grabbing five Witchlights from the AP, despite originally saying I wasn't concentrating on Witchlights this year, because I had extra slots and why not? And I completely forgot about the little blinking eyes when the egg has a hole, that kinda scared me, lol!

4 minutes ago, AngryMothNoises said:

Time for me to die. Though, I have one that will hatch in 13 hours...... Guess I don't need that black marrow........ But I want that witch light and pumpkin......... I will figure something out -sobs-

Awe, sorry I didn't warn you in time! x'D I would help you if I could. I have so many red dragons i'd hand out incubation's to people to help speed things along so everyone got what they wanted. XD RIP. ;~; At first I was worried about being egg locked but then I realized yesterday that sense I have an army of reds for the soul purpose of always having one to incubate eggs, and that eggs can hatch at the four day mark... That really I only needed to wait two days before hatching babies, so I had perfectly enough time to get egg locked at seven eggs and hatch them for this years release tomorrow. I ALSO only realized yesterday that THERE IS FINALLY ANOTHER TROPHY HIGHER THAN GOLD...
For like over a year now I had realized when I was younger that I over bred dragons. My goal is to have five of every kind (With the exception of BSA's like purple, pink, and red dragons to help breeding and hatching along) not like... Twenty... So I started killing some of my extra's (Or attempting seeing they CAN avoid you) in attempts to get a zombie dragon. I never tried on Halloween though and I hear that's higher so i'm waiting for tomorrow to not only hatch eggs, get the new releases, but also attempt to get SOME zombie dragon now that there's different kinds... Point is- I HAD over 1,000 dragons once- before the platinum trophy existed... If I still had over 1,000- I could have an extra egg right now. Boooooo.... x'D Well, one day i'll get back to 1,000 again and have a balanced amount of each dragon breed... Usually I grab two new release eggs, one to be male, the other female. Then I pray they get along to have three babies and if not- hope the release is still new another to try and get another mate lol...

3 minutes ago, AveryCF said:

Awe, sorry I didn't warn you in time! x'D I would help you if I could. I have so many red dragons i'd hand out incubation's to people to help speed things along so everyone got what they wanted. XD RIP. ;~; At first I was worried about being egg locked but then I realized yesterday that sense I have an army of reds for the soul purpose of always having one to incubate eggs, and that eggs can hatch at the four day mark... That really I only needed to wait two days before hatching babies, so I had perfectly enough time to get egg locked at seven eggs and hatch them for this years release tomorrow. I ALSO only realized yesterday that THERE IS FINALLY ANOTHER TROPHY HIGHER THAN GOLD...
For like over a year now I had realized when I was younger that I over bred dragons. My goal is to have five of every kind (With the exception of BSA's like purple, pink, and red dragons to help breeding and hatching along) not like... Twenty... So I started killing some of my extra's (Or attempting seeing they CAN avoid you) in attempts to get a zombie dragon. I never tried on Halloween though and I hear that's higher so i'm waiting for tomorrow to not only hatch eggs, get the new releases, but also attempt to get SOME zombie dragon now that there's different kinds... Point is- I HAD over 1,000 dragons once- before the platinum trophy existed... If I still had over 1,000- I could have an extra egg right now. Boooooo.... x'D Well, one day i'll get back to 1,000 again and have a balanced amount of each dragon breed... Usually I grab two new release eggs, one to be male, the other female. Then I pray they get along to have three babies and if not- hope the release is still new another to try and get another mate lol...

Its okay I figured something out. How many new dragons are normally set out each year? Or is it different?

But I believe you can do it! lol

13 minutes ago, AngryMothNoises said:

Its okay I figured something out. How many new dragons are normally set out each year? Or is it different?

As far as Holiday dragons go, I've only ever seen one released for each holiday. c: So one for Valentines day, one for Halloween, one for Xmas, that sort of thing. c: I... Don't think i'm missing a holiday celebrated here in Dragon Cave but I could be forgetting one if anyone might poke me. x'D

It's normal monthly, non-holiday releases that can range from one to even seven. I've seen one dragon, three new dragons, four new dragons, and then there was a dragon given out each day for a week once making seven. So i'd say you'd only have to worry on normal releases. c: Only the thing is if you miss those, it's okay. You might be able to find one again anytime of the year, they just might be more rare than others.
With Holiday dragons, all dragons of that holidays theme will become breedable for a week. It's on the exact DAY that the holiday occurs that the new dragon will release.
For example: Black Marrow's, Cavern Lurker's, Desipis's, Grave's, Pumpkin's, Shadow Walker's, Caligene's and Witchlight's all became breedable within this week when the event started. But all of them are from previous years celebrated throughout the game. The newest one hasn't surfaced, everyone just knows there WILL BE ONE tomorrow, and it will only be around to grab for 24 hours. On November 1st, they'll go away and the Halloween dragons won't be breedable anymore/not for much longer until next year. c: (Sometimes TJ changes the date on when the dragons stop being breedable but pretty much after Halloween it ends is the idea, lol.) Then for the rest of the year... The dragons just look cool. x'D It's why it's such a big deal to be on around the holidays, because it's literally "You snooze you lose" lol. Good news is if you missed previous years, you can grab them around the holiday. -3- I missed 2015 and 2016's Halloween events, so this year I was able to grab some Caligene and Witchlight eggs. c:

-Ugh, sorry I rambled lol... I hope some of that still made sense though? x'D Old player + ADHD = Massive rambling about certain parts of the game.
EDIT: Point is, the first post TJ makes about the holiday should tell you all the "Time" details like how long dragons will be breedable and what you might need to pay attention to. c:

SECOND EDIT: Also my mom just poked me saying if we want to make the witches fingers I wanted to this year, that we have to go to the store like... Right now in time for tomorrow. x'D So i'm gonna go for a small bit again, brb in an hour or two. ;3;

Edited by AveryCF

12 minutes ago, AngryMothNoises said:

There is always a new Valentine Day dragon, Halloween and Christmas.

Then sometimes there are releases of new dragons in the other months. which could be one to four new dragons that go to the bromes.

edit: oh looks like I was wrong, there was a seven new dragons before. *shrug* I have a habit of not paying much attention to DC until holidays or if I look up one day to see new dragons lol

Edited by Lady Dragoon

2 minutes ago, Lady Dragoon said:

There is always a new Valentine Day dragon, Halloween and Christmas.

Then sometimes there are releases of new dragons in the other months. which could be one to four new dragons that go to the bromes.

edit: oh looks like I was wrong, there was a seven new dragons before. *shrug* I have a habit of not paying much attention to DC until holidays or if I look up one day to see new dragons lol

It's okay, from my memory (Mind you, I have a memory disability. Very selective so... My memories not full proof lol.) it really only happened once and it was sort of a big thing. Not often that new releases come that massive all at once. Mostly because it likely wouldn't be fair to newer players who have less dragons meaning less egg slots to grab the new babies. ;3;

Treats found: 48/50 Just two more!!
Dragons seen: 28 Hatchlings
Black Marrow - 1
Cavern Lurker - 4
Desipis - 2
Grave(other than me bab) - 5
Pumpkin - 3
Shadow Walker - 4
Caligene - 4
Witchlight - 5

Edited by Rivergold

That seven egg release was a big thing that lasted a whole week. The normal amount of breeds released at a time is usually one or two. Though sometimes the breeds have alts or different colors so it may seem like more.

Edited by Cecona

5 minutes ago, AveryCF said:

It's okay, from my memory (Mind you, I have a memory disability. Very selective so... My memories not full proof lol.) it really only happened once and it was sort of a big thing. Not often that new releases come that massive all at once. Mostly because it likely wouldn't be fair to newer players who have less dragons meaning less egg slots to grab the new babies. ;3;

Maybe it was for the anniversary? Still yea, they won't do seven new dragons a lot of the time. :lol:

And to what you said about Halloween(and other holidays) dragons, you could breed them after Halloween, but you will only get a dragon if the other dragon wasn't a Halloween/holiday. Then there is a chance you will get a egg,

Edited by Lady Dragoon
missing words gah

31 minutes ago, Solanatsea said:

Most hatchlings I've met seem to be new to the game. Is it possible that those who are not as active get visitors more often and those of us who are more active get fewer visitors in order to balance the candy outcome? I've hardly had any visitors.

My visitor count doesn't seem to change that much and a lot of my visiting dragons have also been new. Maybe we just have lots of new players.

4 minutes ago, Cecona said:

That seven egg release was a big thing that lasted a whole week. The normal amount of breeds released at a time is usually one or two. Though sometimes the breeds have alts or different colors so it may seem like more.

There we go, thank you. I knew it was a massive thing but I couldn't remember what. I think the most that usually happen in a release is occasionally four, and usually less. Averaging through 1-3 new eggs a month and that's about it unless holidays are coming up slowing down when the releases might happen. c:

3 minutes ago, Lady Dragoon said:

Maybe it was for the anniversary? Still yea, they won't do seven new dragons a lot. :lol:

And to what you said about Halloween(and other holidays) dragons, you could breed them after Halloween, but you will only get a dragon if the other dragon wasn't a Halloween/holiday. Then there is a chance you will get a egg,

Perhaps, yeah! A LOT of new things happened on the anniversary, I wouldn't be surprised. c: And ahhh, okay, thank you. I knew sometimes the days go to like November 2nd or even 3rd, but I don't think I've ever tried to breed that late. Usually when they become breedable I do it right away before the new holiday release lol. So I was a bit rusty on what exactly happens seeing I don't dabble there really. ;3;

3 Witchlights

4 Cavern Lurkers

4 Caligenes

5 Marrows

5 Desipises

6 Pumpkins

8 Shadow Walkers

11 Graves

...wow, Graves were a really popular choice for the trick or treat event, at least from what I've seen XD

Edited by The Dragoness

2 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

My visitor count doesn't seem to change that much and a lot of my visiting dragons have also been new. Maybe we just have lots of new players.

Or a lot of non forum people.   I have visited 75 hatchies and recognize 2 of the names I've gotten back.  I do have to say the Desipis in the pink tutu is cute.

My tally so far.

50 hatchlings encountered:

- Black Marrows - 9
- Caligenes - 7
- Cavern Lurkers - 4
- Desipises - 4
- Graves - 9
- Pumpkins - 7
- Shadow Walkers - 8
- Witchlights - 2

Just now, Imzadi said:

Or a lot of non forum people.   I have visited 75 hatchies and recognize 2 of the names I've gotten back.  I do have to say the Desipis in the pink tutu is cute.

That's true. I meant that most of mine have no trophies. The pink fairy crown seems to be most popular among my visitors. 

2 minutes ago, AveryCF said:

Perhaps, yeah! A LOT of new things happened on the anniversary, I wouldn't be surprised. c: And ahhh, okay, thank you. I knew sometimes the days go to like November 2nd or even 3rd, but I don't think I've ever tried to breed that late. Usually when they become breedable I do it right away before the new holiday release lol. So I was a bit rusty on what exactly happens seeing I don't dabble there really. ;3;

https://dragcave.net/view/nNIBm

Though I will admit I only breed them to see if the Valentine dragon was going to like my white dragon, but I'm usually like you and doing breeding for the hoilday. :D (Then again I don't usually breed much unless I'm trying to make hybrids/alts or zombie/vampire fodder.)

Welp. I now have 7 Witchlights growing on my scroll. Really, really didn't plan on getting any at all this year. But I couldn't just not hunt all day! lol Should still have plenty of slots for the new Halloween, although the 7th and 8th eggs may have to wait until afternoon.

My neighbor was over for awhile and I showed him all the costumes and stuff, that was so much fun. It's awesome to share DC with others.