TJ09

2017-09-30 - September Dragon Release

46 minutes ago, Syiren said:

I don't mind actually having a challenge every now and then. Alts are fun to collect because they're hard and not guaranteed. Undines, black, Ridgewings, Dark greens, the mystery is half the enjoyment. Sure I'm a collector and if you'll pardon the pun, I "gotta catch 'em all", but I don't always want it to be easy. When you finally DO get it, the feeling is that much more rewarding.

STEVEN SPIELBERG! The prophecies are true, i'm not the last of my kind!

The DC forum needs more of you angels!

Totally with you, catching them all means almost nothing if its easy as dirt.

Commons are necessary for the game to work, but without rares to balance it out then it becomes boring and meaningless.

Needless to say of the consequences of like a hundred of biome commons being added with no new biome rares for 7+ years

Edited by blockEdragon

47 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

@angelicdragonpuppy- See my baby. It's at the fourth stage.  https://dragcave.net/lineage/cRh2a

Of course it doesn't show in lineage view. 

*squees a little* Oh wow! The gold overlapping the hole looks really really nice, and I believe this is the first time we've ever had anything like that. Wow.

Ok, I'm late to the party. I see three types of dragons but only two types of egg. :blink:

I have a friend I usually ask silly questions but they are out of town so.....

A tip, perhaps?

I'm really enjoying the look of the green hatchies <3 

32 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

@Jazeki Ahhh that is really cute, thank you! Gives me a weird bird egg vibe in the best way XD

@Syiren I understand that perspective, but at the same time it often feels more like RNG agony then hard work. Getting a CB metal or building a 5g lineage is hard work; praying your Nebula / Gemshard / Alt colors right is not. It's patience, which I suppose is a form of hard work, but the randomness makes it feel less rewarding. I work extensively on checker lineages. Getting the CBS and breeding the right breeds from the right pairs can be hard work at times (took me over a year to get an ember from a spirit Ward once... not fun... ok maybe that's not a great example either because ratio weirdness made it far more aggravating than it should have been, oops XD). On the other hand, I just had two Halloween lined nebulas miscolor and THREE other nebs I bred for someone miscolored as well! That doesn't feel like hard work being invested, that's frustrating time and egg slots wasted and me desperately hoping they cooperate before Halloween! I don't like RNG, I like knowing my hard work will be rewarded  >___<

Which is, incidentally, why I'm super stoked these guys have different egg sprites. Whatever the trick may be (although I still feel it'll be something quite simple XD) at least we'll know RIGHT AWAY if it succeeded, rather than having to wait until they hatch or even worse, gender! :P 

I can respect that. I've been trying for a year anda half to get one 2g Silver feom my gold x silver pair and still have nothing but golds to show for it. I'd just rather wait for them to grow up and breed them to see what happensand if the greens appear that way. They could be like Nebulas, but with the added twist of being bred only

4 minutes ago, dtd said:

Ok, I'm late to the party. I see three types of dragons but only two types of egg. :blink:

I have a friend I usually ask silly questions but they are out of town so.....

A tip, perhaps?

If it makes you feel better, no one knows how to get the green eggs. (That's what started the whole breeding mechanic debate.)

You can get gold ridged eggs from the coast, and the glassy striped eggs from the desert and volcano.

1 minute ago, Syiren said:

I can respect that. I've been trying for a year anda half to get one 2g Silver feom my gold x silver pair and still have nothing but golds to show for it. I'd just rather wait for them to grow up and breed them to see what happensand if the greens appear that way. They could be like Nebulas, but with the added twist of being bred only

Oooh gosh, that stinks! I feel your pain, too; been working on silver x green copper, tan ridgewing, and blusang pairs that all give lots of SILVERS but not the uncommons I need, and a gold x ice line where the ones I need ices from only give golds and vice versa. It's awful. XD

21 minutes ago, blockEdragon said:

STEVEN SPIELBERG! The prophecies are true, i'm not the last of my kind!

The DC forum needs more of you angels!

Totally with you, catching them all means almost nothing if its easy as dirt.

Commons are necessary for the game to work, but without rares to balance it out then it becomes boring and meaningless.

Needless to say of the consequences of like a hundred of biome commons being added with no new biome rares for 7+ years

Yeah. I think the last rares we got were the Xenoworms? Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I enjoy hunting for the rares because when I actually do see one it's a nice excitement rush. 

1 minute ago, Syiren said:

Yeah. I think the last rares we got were the Xenoworms? Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I enjoy hunting for the rares because when I actually do see one it's a nice excitement rush. 

Yeah, at least according to the wiki.  I literally started playing sometime around that, so yeah, it was forever ago.

Oh wow the AP is/was full of red eggs from people who hoped to get green. And I just realised I should be trying to freeze all the red ones I need right now just in case they have a huge time-cycle and I won't see another red for months if it suddenly switches to green. I really don't think that will happen but I like to be sure.

My first egg just hatched. The S1 hatchies of the purple/green ones are the cutest little raptor babies!

My babs are all out of the egg~

I've got 5 almost ready to hatch and one more close on their heels... 

Two Golden Ridges and four Reds, two each from the Desert and Volcano biomes, all gendered male and female...

42 minutes ago, Syiren said:

Actually they're not even real rares, just an accident because the demand was/is high, they where intended as uncommons. (blusangs, GWs and coppers also had this happen)

Although i'm actually glad they ended up as accidental rares, sometimes happy things just happen!

(and when I say rares in this sorta context I normally mean TRUE rares, golds and silvers are currently the only true rares in the biomes as far as i'm aware, I want more dragons on par with them to make them more balanced, though i'm not all black and white and I do think they are TOO rare in cave however, I think it's partly linked to how few of them there are VS how many commons there have been, I support the theory that adding a bunch of new rivals to them will even this out a little though the fruit truck theory brought up a while back)

(P.S. I still support more lesser rares on par with trios but that's not as crucial as I find new TRUE rares to be)

Edited by blockEdragon

Personally I am quite enthralled with these new babies and enjoy the chance to learn how to obtain the greens. Even if I end up having to trade for greens because I'm lazy like that :P

Also I do like that they were still quite easy to obtain even though I missed the release by pretty much a full day <3 I just hope this doesnt mean they will be cave blockers XD

Also managed to grab a couple of reds from each biome just in case the greens are obtained by breeding one from each biome together XD

Still waiting for a couple "common" eggs to hatch so I can grab a couple more of the red ones... err the purple ones... aww heck probably one of each ;)

My thanks to TJ and all the spriters for keeping the DC exciting. Love the dragons!

My first three finally hatched so I've been flailing in the biomes trying to get more. Managed to snag another red, but the purples have been slippery so far.

Aww i got my must have four eggs but i like the bird like spirits so much maybe i have to catch more! 

I hope we will find out soon how to get the green ones :>

I'm betting the Green bird dragons are going to be like the Undines where they're going to alt, but I've at least got three of 'em and four of the two-headed one (plus a Guardian of Change to boot!), so it's going to be VERY exciting to see what hatches from them.

Well, my flailing got me three more reds and no purples. Dang. But three more eggies will have hatched by the time I wake up in the morning, so maybe I can even things out again then.

I myself caught two of the purples from the AP, but now I'm wishing I collected more of the other dragon instead.

On a side note, the first two of the Reds ARE from different biomes, so if that if it DOES turn out that we need to breed dragons from different biomes together (of the same breed, I mean), I'm all set!

Edited by Cassie_Fenix

I may be wrong, but from what I can see of my Gold Ridged Egg hatchies, they might be two-headed Unicorns...

I now have 3 egg slots open, but hesitate to fill them until i see more about what is going to happen with the Greenies...