TJ09

2017-09-30 - September Dragon Release

Wanting to know how things work is NOT asking to have things given to me. My opinion is just that, MINE and putting words in my comments is trolling.

11 minutes ago, TheDoggy said:

Hmmm, that sounds like it'd be a mechanic that hasn't been done so far? 

Maybe it's connected to daylight saving time? The switch should be soon, no? (in Germany it's at the end of October, but I believe in North America it's earlier?) 

Though I have no idea how that would fit in the cave lore... 

If its day light savings time we can expect the switch at 2am November 5th EST (I checked a couple of days ago xD)

Just now, Alrexwolf said:

Man you know what would be really cute/sweet is if you had to breed one parent from the volcano and one from the desert in order to get the green one. Like their parents traveled so long and far to be together they met in some overgrown forest and raised their clutch there and BAM green eggs. 

AWWWWWWWWWW. 

I can't wait for the forum EXPLOSION when greens somehow become available.

TCA - would you pretty please cater to the OCD of this user and post the green egg image ? It won't tell me anything but it will fill a gap in my database...

I love the tiny little pointed feet of the red and green hatchlings. So tiny, so pointed.

46 minutes ago, Cinnamin Draconna said:

Someday I probably will quit, but I've stuck with it this long because I do still like the game, and I've been here longer than most. But some of us aren't that into fancy mechanics and would prefer things to be more straight forward. It's the same reason I TRADED for a Neglected, because I think the mechanic is annoying and frustrating. I play games to relax, so things that frustrate me are not wanted in a game that I play to relax. It's just my opinion which I am entitled to.. just like you are entitled to yours. But all this speculation is frustrating, annoying and boring, I'd rather wait and find out the TRUTH whenever TJ decides to enlighten us.

Good Lord , are you really getting this worked up about a bunch of pixels on your computer? Jesus. 

Negativity aside, I'm thrilled about this release! I am in love with the new two-headed we're getting, and I agree with everyone else on how adorable the green/reds are. Can't wait to see the adults!

7 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

Man you know what would be really cute/sweet is if you had to breed one parent from the volcano and one from the desert in order to get the green one. Like their parents traveled so long and far to be together they met in some overgrown forest and raised their clutch there and BAM green eggs. 

That would indeed be very cute! 

7 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

TCA - would you pretty please cater to the OCD of this user and post the green egg image ? It won't tell me anything but it will fill a gap in my database...

jiRnIk2.png

Oh, new release! I'm so happy, even though it's not easy to get new eggs at this time. And I must remember to check the forum before I start to breed my own dragons. So... the green glassy ones are a little elusive, aren't they? I can't wait to know how to obtain them!

As usual, thank you TJ and spriters!

20 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

It doesn't make sense to me to have the reds come first if that's the case :c

I mean, I suppose there's nothing written anywhere that says FALL DRAGONS CAN'T BE GREEN but the greens look far more earthy and springy than fall...y. 

Maybe Green is the natural color and too much sunlight makes it become red? Like a sunburn? XD

For me, part of the fun of new releases is the speculation. I also enjoy seeing what the spriters have to say about their new creations. When the spriters/creators come up with new, original ways to use the cave lore that's terrific. They let their imaginations soar when they do things like that. Yeah, breeding some of them can be problematic, but that's just part of the game. There are very few if any games that don't come with frustrations that's just part of the fun. I am waiting to discover when/how the greens will appear anxiously I will wait however long it takes, but I'm not going to claim to be patient.

5 minutes ago, TCA said:

jiRnIk2.png

This is too cute!

Also, that's such a lovely shade of green, I can't wait to get these little guys! I so hope they're obtainable caveborn, but so far everything says they will be! =D

2 hours ago, Jazeki said:

Agree. I really hope that these do not have some magical mechanic that we have to figure out like the lunar heralds or the dark luminas (which still no one is quite sure about that breeding mechanic).

Oh yeah, and before I forget, let me respond to this.

We actually do have an idea of how lumina-dark lumina breeding works. We just don't have ratios. You should look here for more info.

Now for these guys, I guess we will just have to wait and see! I'm going with a breed-only mechanic, something like alt-vines or alt-blacks, but TCA's comments make me suspicious. 

Does that mean TJ wanted these guys to have a green alt and not TCA? Was this a requested change?

Edit: Bold because emphasis. 

Edited by Shokomon
BECAUSE WE KINDA KNOW

I have found myself not completely in love with the increase in weird breeding/dropping schedules lately.

Looking for Fire Gems, for instance, on my schedules was such a pain I just gave up.

I also do hope the Lumina thing isn't repeated any time soon, and if such a long time goes by without the mystery being solved, that at least some hints are thrown people's way.

If it was in TCA's mouth does that mean it really is a spinach dragon? Since it's green and sorts correctly.

10 minutes ago, TCA said:

jiRnIk2.png

...man, that egg sprite suddenly made me want ice cream. :D Those colors look so... tasty!

3 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Does that mean TJ wanted these guys to have a green alt and not TCA? Was this a requested change?

The green ones were my idea. Also NO MARRI--

1 minute ago, Marrionetta said:

If it was in TCA's mouth does that mean it really is a spinach dragon? Since it's green and sorts correctly.

Lol, that'd be hilarious.  But who knows?  Either that or TCA is trolling us all

2 minutes ago, Marrionetta said:

What if we have to cook the red ones to get the green ones. Spinach omelette...

1 minute ago, TCA said:

The green ones were my idea. Also NO MARRI--

That no isn't red.

Spinach dragon 2k17 confirmed

6 minutes ago, Marrionetta said:

A RED Spinach dragon? Really1?

i don't mind dragons that take a bit of work to get

what i do mind are dragon breeds that are only obtainable under very specific conditions at specific times of the year like moon phases

at least seasonals are available for a entire season, but if it's a specific moon phase? sorry that just isn't a fun challenge for me, it's a frustrating one.

I dunno, i like working for dragons that aren't steeped in extremely specific restrictive breeding conditions related to IRL situations, like moon phases. HOlidays are fine, hybrids are fine, i know when those are, i know how to get them, i'll work until i get my egg. But moon phases? I have to mark things on a calendar to remind myself to breed for that one color i need weeks or even months later.

2 minutes ago, raindear said:

A RED Spinach dragon? Really1?

Haven't you heard of red spinach? Its fantabulous!

Either way, I'm excited to get my own glassy greens~