Jump to content
TJ09

2017-09-30 - September Dragon Release

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Oh yeah, and before I forget, let me respond to this.


We actually do have an idea of how lumina-dark lumina breeding works. We just don't have ratios. You should look here for more info.

 

Now for these guys, I guess we will just have to wait and see! I'm going with a breed-only mechanic, something like alt-vines or alt-blacks, but TCA's comments make me suspicious. 

 

Does that mean TJ wanted these guys to have a green alt and not TCA? Was this a requested change?

 

Edit: Bold because emphasis. 

I am aware of the thread. I contributed to it. And you have an idea, but Corteo never confirmed. There is no little handy rotating calendar yet like we have for the other time-dependent breeds. Hence, why I mostly leave lumina breeding alone for the time being. The point of my post was that I'm hoping that it doesn't take  over a year to possibly establish what we think the red and green breeds do. 

Share this post


Link to post

Oh! That means TCA gets the honor of release the first green dragon that wan't TJ's idea. Awesome. 

 

Does that mean Terraes were TJ's idea too?

 

ANYWAY, Spinach dragon!

 

Now, I gotta name these guys Popeye and Olive Oyl.

 

Edit:

1 minute ago, Jazeki said:

I am aware of the thread. I contributed to it. And you have an idea, but Corteo never confirmed. There is no little handy rotating calendar yet like we have for the other time-dependent breeds. Hence, why I mostly leave lumina breeding alone for the time being. The point of my post was that I'm hoping that it doesn't take  over a year to possibly establish what we think the red and green breeds do. 

Ohhh. I see. Fair point. Fair point.

Edited by Shokomon

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Themod444 said:

Haven't you heard of red spinach? Its fantabulous!

Either way, I'm excited to get my own glassy greens~

 

I'll have to keep an eye out for red spinach. I share your excitement. I can't (but must) wait for the greens to appear.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Vampyre said:

 

 

Its not about what the indiviual player wants. Its about what TJ wants and what the spriter wants. If they agreed on some weird mechanic then its going to be some weird mechanic....nothing you or I or anyone  says will stop that.

 

Well yes, I'm sure all of us know that by now. That doesn't mean we can't *say* that we don't enjoy that type of mechanic. That type of mechanic frustrates me, and many other players, and we are allowed to express that. I'm not vain enough to think me expressing my dislike for something is going to make that something not happen, but that doesn't mean I'm going to hold my tongue and pretend to be happy about it.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Oh! That means TCA gets the honor of release the first green dragon that wan't TJ's idea. Awesome. 

 

Does that mean Terraes were TJ's idea too?

 

ANYWAY, Spinach dragon!

 

Now, I gotta name these guys Popeye and Olive Oyl.

 

:U You know as well as I do that 'new release' in the context of my red truth was defined as 'the new breed from this release that I sprited' and the word choice was just because I'm not revealing the name yet.

 

Also, you are a silly person.

Edited by TCA

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Marie19R said:

 

Well yes, I'm sure all of us know that by now. That doesn't mean we can't *say* that we don't enjoy that type of mechanic. That type of mechanic frustrates me, and many other players, and we are allowed to express that. I'm not vain enough to think me expressing my dislike for something is going to make that something not happen, but that doesn't mean I'm going to hold my tongue and pretend to be happy about it.

 

Please tell me what your mood tagline thingy says when I'm not looking P L E A S E

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, TCA said:

 

:U You know as well as I do that 'new release' in the context of my red truth was defined as 'the new breed from this release that I sprited' and the word choice was just because I'm not revealing the name yet.

 

Also, you are a silly person.

You know, I totally misread that initial comment, so I thought you literally meant that TJ was behind all the green colored dragons. Whoops. Sorry!

 

And yes, yes I am. 

Share this post


Link to post

I'm so hyped to know what the secret to the green lil' guy is.  I love their sprites so much! The green/red ones remind me of bats, anyone else?

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Splashie said:

I'm so hyped to know what the secret to the green lil' guy is.  I love their sprites so much! The green/red ones remind me of bats, anyone else?

 

Raptorbats? :D

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, The Evil Doer said:

It's a new BSA, red ones can infect the egg, making green versions of it

 

That's one of the best theories I have heard so far. My original theory was that the greens were like tan ridgewings or red dorsals but a green one would have shown up by now in the biomes. Or they could be like nebulas where the color would be either the magenta or the green or they are seasonal, or night time/ day time..... or something else. This is always a fun part for me, theorizing about the mystery of the new eggs.

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, raindear said:

 

A RED Spinach dragon? Really1?

 

22 minutes ago, Themod444 said:

Haven't you heard of red spinach? Its fantabulous!

 

It is indeed. In case you thought you weren't being serious, Themod444 - there is such a thing and it is too and what it is so.

 

Still holding out for stripe type greens... Because I am 72 and strange mechanics are hard on my ageing brain. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

Man you know what would be really cute/sweet is if you had to breed one parent from the volcano and one from the desert in order to get the green one. Like their parents traveled so long and far to be together they met in some overgrown forest and raised their clutch there and BAM green eggs. 

 

WOW.  That is one cool theory, and I like it a lot. I better make sure I have those eggs from both biomes, the volcano, and the desert. That is one cool theory. (y)

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

 

 

It is indeed. In case you thought you weren't being serious, Themod444 - there is such a thing and it is too and what it is so.

 

 

Oh, I know its a thing, I ~love~ it nicely steamed with butter.

 

...I wonder what these dergs eat. Do they like them meats or spanch?

Share this post


Link to post

Does the fact that I'm not seeing front legs on the Red/Green ones mean they're Wyverns?

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Oddsoxdi
forgot front

Share this post


Link to post

I'm very excited to see these little green guys show up. c: Love the purple guys and I managed to nab my first CB Silver. The other two eggs were pretty easy for me to nab, and I'm a very happy hunter. ^-^  Thank you TJ and spriters!

Share this post


Link to post

Caught some despite being late to the party! woo. I'm excited to see how we get the green ones??? Seems cool.

Share this post


Link to post

I must admit that the lunar heralds are difficult to bread, but I choose not to breed them very often. There are so many other dragons to work with. That 's what I do. Maybe one day I will need the challenge, but until then, I have plenty of other Dragon s to breed and collect!

Share this post


Link to post

I thought we could express our frustration about something without being attacked for expressing said frustration. Is that not how a site improves itself - by hearing both sides of the criticism, positive and negative? "Just quit DC then" is rude as Hell, imho. I HATE these weird mechanics. They drive me bonkers. So, in your opinion, I should quit DC because mysterious mechanics are frustrating, and I'd prefer not having a multitude of breeds doing weird things? Loads of people feel the same way, so should we ALL quit DC? I think DC would be rather bare and boring if everyone who disliked weird mechanics up and left. Weird mechanics is not my thing. Interesting/fun to you, not so interesting and fun to me (and many others!). There's some breeds I won't even touch because of how they breed. I still have not bred one stinking line of Gemshards because hatching them over and over to get the "right color" is too frustrating and discouraging for me. Yes, that's in fact my personal decision, but - then again - there's many people who are the same way. You don't have to listen to the negative criticisms, but you also do not have to attack the people who express what they are not fond of. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (you as a general you)

Share this post


Link to post

The hatchies look adorable! I'm especially impressed by the two-headed purple, which is odd because I'm not usually a fan of two-headeds. I'm also just as interested as everyone else in solving the mystery of the elusive green eggs XD

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Metal-n-Monster said:

I thought we could express our frustration about something without being attacked for expressing said frustration. Is that not how a site improves itself - by hearing both sides of the criticism, positive and negative? "Just quit DC then" is rude as Hell, imho. I HATE these weird mechanics. They drive me bonkers. So, in your opinion, I should quit DC because mysterious mechanics are frustrating, and I'd prefer not having a multitude of breeds doing weird things? Loads of people feel the same way, so should we ALL quit DC? I think DC would be rather bare and boring if everyone who disliked weird mechanics up and left. Weird mechanics is not my thing. Interesting/fun to you, not so interesting and fun to me (and many others!). There's some breeds I won't even touch because of how they breed. I still have not bred one stinking line of Gemshards because hatching them over and over to get the "right color" is too frustrating and discouraging for me. Yes, that's in fact my personal decision, but - then again - there's many people who are the same way. You don't have to listen to the negative criticisms, but you also do not have to attack the people who express what they are not fond of. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (you as a general you)

I think the problem is that saying HATE something (with all caps) isn't criticism. It's just blatant dislike. It's like saying "Your work is terrible and you should feel bad." Sure, you are allowed to dislike something. No one said you can't like the mechanics. No one said you have to enjoy them. But like, criticism would be more like "I do not like the current wave of unusual breeding mechanics because I find them confusing, and it makes it difficult to breed the dragons I want, which makes it more difficult to enjoy the game. Make them either easier to grasp, or reveal them if no one can figure it out." If you just say you hate said mechanic, you aren't giving anything to artists to work with, and it just comes off as "Stop trying new things. It's awful. Your work is awful." which, is just liable to make people defensive. 
 

I don't see a future where there aren't going to be any more weird breeding mechanics. DC is rather laid back game, and breeding mechanics is a way to spice up a dragon. It would be pretty boring if all the dragons bred the same way. Sure, too many unusual mechanics would get frustrating, but as of now, we have many more breed true or ratio-based breeding variants than unusual types. So, there is probably going to be more. 

 

About leaving though, you can find things frustrating without blatantly hating them. Like I find trying to get alt blacks frustrating. Do I hate it? Not really. I just find it annoying. If the breeding mechanics are really giving you intense feelings of hate, them maybe removing yourself from the situation would be best. That's what TCA and Marionetta are saying. (Or that's at least how I interpreted.) Because, it seems like the artists aren't going to stop experimenting with breeding mechanics. If you really want them to stop with the mechanics entirely, you'd probably have to take it up with TJ, himself. Put it into the Suggestions section and/or get a petition going.  

 

Maybe it would help if the limit one weird breeding mechanic release to a year or 2x a year, so we get more normal dragons then weird breeding ones? Would that help? 

 

Now to get back on topic, fingers crossed for bred only stripe-style! *crosses fingers*

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, Metal-n-Monster said:

I thought we could express our frustration about something without being attacked for expressing said frustration. Is that not how a site improves itself - by hearing both sides of the criticism, positive and negative? "Just quit DC then" is rude as Hell, imho. I HATE these weird mechanics. They drive me bonkers. So, in your opinion, I should quit DC because mysterious mechanics are frustrating, and I'd prefer not having a multitude of breeds doing weird things? Loads of people feel the same way, so should we ALL quit DC? I think DC would be rather bare and boring if everyone who disliked weird mechanics up and left. Weird mechanics is not my thing. Interesting/fun to you, not so interesting and fun to me (and many others!). There's some breeds I won't even touch because of how they breed. I still have not bred one stinking line of Gemshards because hatching them over and over to get the "right color" is too frustrating and discouraging for me. Yes, that's in fact my personal decision, but - then again - there's many people who are the same way. You don't have to listen to the negative criticisms, but you also do not have to attack the people who express what they are not fond of. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (you as a general you)

 

Hey I'm not saying I like the weird mechanics either? I was rather ticked off when a pairing I wanted to breed wasnt doable just because my darn copper was the wrong gender for my preferred lineage plan to work! (Due to the intended mate not being of the correct biome to produce the color of copper I wanted). That said I still enjoy the mystery behind the green eggs (even if I only get a couple due to the darn mechanics and forgo lineaging them). All I said is if people are going to sit there and be super negative and claim to 'hate' DC because TJ is trying to keep the site from stagnating then maybe DC is no longer the game for them?

 

I mean jebus...the 'mechanic' behind this dragon could be as simple as the colors switch every other week!!! (So like this week red...next week green etc). We dont KNOW what the mechanic is and as such people shouldnt be being so negative yet? Unless all dragons should be dropped from cave only is what all the nay sayers mean? In which case me and about half the site would be the ones sitting in the negative seat.

 

Just dont forget people....the last time we were severely 'negative' about a dragon we lost frills and bright pinks. Do not lose us this dragon before we ever get it :( TJ and the spriter may not give them back this time!

Share this post


Link to post

Guys, it might not even be a really weird mechanic. It might be Alts we see instantly when bred, or a seasonal thing, or something else that's really easy and no work at all. Let's not freak out just yet! :P

 

I agree that some breeding mechanics are really frustrating and, unfortunately, have been on the uprise. Gemshards are little horrors (Nebulas are also bad, but mathematically less so, haha), Aegis flipping is so cool in theory and so bad on limited CB once a year dragons (similar feels with Solstices), Fire Gem breeding is... actually manageable but makes no sense lore wise to me to have hourly rotations haha. I understand frustration with some of the current mechanics and think it's certainly fair to speak up if we keep getting more and more despite them not being well received.

 

But, again... we have no idea about these new ones, and it might be something exceedingly simple. So I think aiming complaints at them right off the bat is a misdirection of feelings. Save that energy for asking for Aeons to be able to spot Nebula / Gemshard Alts, or raising CB holiday limits so we can more fully enjoy our crazy Aegis and Solstice dragons! :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.