TJ09

2017-09-30 - September Dragon Release

2 hours ago, Amazon_warrior said:

Have there been any guesses for names of these?  I was just pondering stuffs and realised that the glassy ones might be Spinel dragons when I remembered that spinels can be red or green. 

Ooooh. I don't know if the dragons will have anything to do with spinels, but I didn't know what those were and did a Google image search for "spinel", and the search result page is SO PRETTY AND SHINY. :wub:  I want to be a gemstone-hoarding dragon.

My new babies are hatching - just two of the glassy eggs yet and then they've all hatched.

It's also cool that TJ:s hatchlings have probably grown up (or will grow up soon) tomorrow when I'll be home after 4pm.

I was able to grab two more purples at the hour drop, then one more at the :05, so now I have seven of each. IF the green ones are based on the moon cycles, it could be possible that they'll appear when the Lunars change to golds on the 5th.

I really like the spinel idea too, and TCA did create the Pyralspite, another gem-like dragon, so... here's hoping. *v* 

1 hour ago, Marie19R said:

Well, for whatever reason the hatcheries don't seem to be giving as many views as usual to my ER new-release eggs. I expected they'd be hatched when I woke up, but nope. So I tossed them into a few ERs and have them open refreshing, it's been almost an hour now and only one of them has a big hole, none have hatched. I want to hunt for more!

I'm finding them REALLY slow, too :(

3 hours ago, Amazon_warrior said:

Have there been any guesses for names of these?  I was just pondering stuffs and realised that the glassy ones might be Spinel dragons when I remembered that spinels can be red or green.  I am intrigued to find out how the green ones work - I like green.  :)

My tip is Raptorbats for the Red/Green ones XD

1 hour ago, Confused Cat said:

Ooooh. I don't know if the dragons will have anything to do with spinels, but I didn't know what those were and did a Google image search for "spinel", and the search result page is SO PRETTY AND SHINY. :wub:  I want to be a gemstone-hoarding dragon.

Sparkly, no?  :D  I really like all the gem-based draggies we have now.

Ugggh! I was doing so well checking everyday(trying to make it a habit) but then I had to go out of town with little to no internet and I completely forgot about the release. >_< Today's been the only day I could catch. At least I was able to get six of the stripe egg then I misclicked. >_> Hopefully after these hatch I'll be able to get a bunch of the purple/gold ones. =/

I most certainly hope there isn't a mystery mechanic behind getting the Greens. That stuff has never been interesting for me.

The s1 purples look sooo much better than the s2 to me. Not that I dislike the S2, but honestly I arrived tardy to the party and only showed up after the hatchlings were already as they are. I was not aware the S2 purples were a two-headed and, although I see it now, they read mostly like a purple blob with gold metal atop it.

Still I only see one proper arm and head... I believe the other head is grooming the rightmost head? It's a cute idea, but it made me iffy on the breed despite purple being my favorite color. HOWEVER, after seeing the S1 and the pretty custom sequence, I'm so psyched for the adults. Mari has worked on some of my other favorite dragons on here (Magelights, Blunas, Shallow Water, Pillows, Bright-Breasteds, ), so I'm quadrupling down and trying to hold myself back from catching a million purple eggs now :P

"Let’s squeeze in one last release before the all of the various holidays take hold."

YES! YES YES YESYESYES!!!

Got two more of each and even picked up a Xenowyrm in the process -- haven't seen one of those for a long time! At least my Encyclopedia images will be unlocked for the two-headed and purple…

Edited by mpolo
Spelled name wrong

16 hours ago, TCA said:

My babs are all out of the egg~

I love these new eggs! (And am secretly hoping the "spinach" eggs are bred alts!) Thanks to TJ and the spriters!!

Also, TCA: link to your scroll? Would like to see yours!!

2 hours ago, fuzzbucket said:

I am actually hoping for Spinels.

I liked the spinach idea I saw bandied about earlier! XD

I really wish the two heads were easier to see. I can barely tell them apart, which is sad. I'm sure that'll change once they turn into adults.

Talk about late to the party! Haha. life has been crazy. Glad to have caught a few of these!

Personally I really like having alternative sprites and different ways of obtaining them all. It adds some spice and variety to an otherwise highly repetitive game. Not to mention it often adds little nuggets of lore as to why they are the way they are and I think thats neat. 

Really excited to see how these guys turn out. I love the red/green sprites so far and can;t wait to get more of them. 

The two-headed unicorns remind me of... a Pokémon? Digimon? I swear I've seen something like it before, that giant yellow face-mask shield-thing. And it looks like they have hooves?

I don't know, DC sprites have been looking low-quality and super pixelated on my mobile for a while now (and I don't know why), so I'm probably seeing things wrong.

The pomegrantes look to be rather simple in design, which I hope means we're going to get some super neat poses for the adults. Usually the less complex a design, the more weird wacky positions you can put them in (and still have it look nice). Of course the much cooler green color is the variant no one knows how to get yet. Nothing against maroon, it's just... yeah, green is a cooler color.

Mine just hatched... He looks a little chubby~ ;)

WOW... Took me 30minutes.. to filled up my scroll after they hatched.... I'm fully full... :D

Edited by HEEDLESS

12 hours ago, Amazon_warrior said:

Have there been any guesses for names of these?  I was just pondering stuffs and realised that the glassy ones might be Spinel dragons when I remembered that spinels can be red or green.  I am intrigued to find out how the green ones work - I like green.  :)

Spinels fits perfectly as well, because alphabetically, the eggs are falling between Skywing and Spitfire.  (Couldn't find a spirit ward or speckle throat on a scroll at the same time, so that was as close as I got.)

On the flip side, the purple/gold one is somewhere between Albino and Black Tea. - Amaranthine or Amethyst, anyone?

50 minutes ago, Nine said:

The two-headed unicorns remind me of... a Pokémon? Digimon? I swear I've seen something like it before, that giant yellow face-mask shield-thing. And it looks like they have hooves?

I don't know, DC sprites have been looking low-quality and super pixelated on my mobile for a while now (and I don't know why), so I'm probably seeing things wrong.

The pomegrantes look to be rather simple in design, which I hope means we're going to get some super neat poses for the adults. Usually the less complex a design, the more weird wacky positions you can put them in (and still have it look nice). Of course the much cooler green color is the variant no one knows how to get yet. Nothing against maroon, it's just... yeah, green is a cooler color.

Yeah, green sure is a cooler color.

Y'know.

Because it's literally a cool color.

: D