TJ09

2017-09-30 - September Dragon Release

5 minutes ago, Seahorse said:

Or like Seasonal dragons, where it took a full year for all 4 types to be released! :D

I can't wait to get the green ones, they look adorable!

Iirc the seasonals each got their own release post. So again probably not like them :P Im just guessing it will be moon based btw...there could be some new game mechanic he hasnt told us about that could be affecting these guys. After all he said nothing about there being moons on the lunar herald release thread :P

5 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

Iirc the seasonals each got their own release post. So again probably not like them :P Im just guessing it will be moon based btw...there could be some new game mechanic he hasnt told us about that could be affecting these guys. After all he said nothing about there being moons on the lunar herald release thread :P

They did and the egg description gave it away.  I think breeding like stripes is possible, although then I'd hope for more eggs/colors.

1 hour ago, Gealach said:

Yes, the green hatchies came from green eggs.

Thanks for confirming! :)

I really hope the green ones are not Bred, but can somehow be obtained as Caveborns. They're way too cute (so far) and pretty to be bred-only (kinda how I think Hybrids are unfair because they're so beautiful). =/

Hm. I'm sure somewhere in the last few pages this has been observed before, but I just realised that if you invert the colours of the red eggs they're light green. What would cause pigment inversion? :o

Edited by Aurae

4 minutes ago, Metal-n-Monster said:

I really hope the green ones are not Bred, but can somehow be obtained as Caveborns. They're way too cute (so far) and pretty to be bred-only (kinda how I think Hybrids are unfair because they're so beautiful). =/

Same, I'm hoping that they'll be easier to get as a caveborns! The green ones better start showing up soon! 

I'm betting on the stripe mechanic. I HOPE they aren't like Heralds....

14 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

Agree. I really hope that these do not have some magical mechanic that we have to figure out like the lunar heralds or the dark luminas (which still no one is quite sure about that breeding mechanic).

Edited by Jazeki

12 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

Actually, same about the Herald point. We already got three breeds with odd breeding mechanics. As fun as it is figuring them out, I'm kinda tired. 

6 hours ago, The Evil Doer said:

It's a new BSA, red ones can infect the egg, making green versions of it

Oh I hope so cause all I have caught in the cave are the red ones

39 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

Thing is I think TJ alluded to some of the stripe colors being bred only in the release thread for them. There is no mention of that here. The way he has it phrased leads me to believe that ALL varieties in the main post can be obtained from the biomes listed. He just didnt mention /when/ the biomes would spit different colors....which is EXACTLY what he did during the lunar herald release. 

Ergo I believe it has to do with the moons or a similiar type of mechanic. Hopefully its an easy one to figure out XD

Just now, fuzzbucket said:

I very much hope you're wrong.

I do too XD I dont look foward to trying to figure out moon schedule or whatever...especially being a mobile only user. I just have a sinking feeling :P I mean eventually we'll have to have more breeds affected by the moons...I mean why would he add such a huge mechanic for only ONE breed to be affected by it?

IF the two colors hatch from the red eggs, we could know shortly after midnight tonight when they start hatching.

IF the two colors depend on time of day they hatch or were caught we will know before midnight tomorrow night.

IF the green is bred from the red x whatever, or comes from a new BSA we'll know in a few days.

IF the green egg is based on some other time or mechanic...Well if that happens I'm not sure WHEN we'll know.

Patience, anyone? - NOT!

Hm... the red eggs sort between Speckle-Throateds and Spirit Wards, so maybe their name's got to do with "spectrum" / "spectral"? Then, I'm all for the "influence of light" theory.

Edited by Fly-by-Night

Just now, raindear said:

IF the two colors hatch from the red eggs, we could know shortly after midnight tonight when they start hatching.

IF the two colors depend on time of day they hatch or were caught we will know before midnight tomorrow night.

IF the green is bred from the red x whatever, or comes from a new BSA we'll know in a few days.

IF the green egg is based on some other time or mechanic...Well if that happens I'm not sure WHEN we'll know.

Patience, anyone? - NOT!

The green cannot hatch from the red eggs as they hatched from green eggs so check that off the 'find out' list

Also it has been over 24 hours? Since the release with no sight of green so being a day/night breed release can be checked off the 'find out' list

That leaves breeding, BSA, and moon mechanics (or another mechanic) which will take about a week for the earliest hatched ones (besides TJs) to be adults to try and rule out breeding and BSA. The moon idea of mine will take the longest (most likely) to be checked.

Also we are having patience? We arent screaming 'tell us now' ...just...theorizing how one goes about getting the green babs.

1 hour ago, Aurae said:

Hm. I'm sure somewhere in the last few pages this has been observed before, but I just realised that if you invert the colours of the red eggs they're light green. What would cause pigment inversion? :o

As far as I know, it has not been observed before. But I find it a very interesting observation!
Has there always been listed "Time of Day" and "Season" in the Time Reference?
They don't seem very moon-y to me. Neither do they seem night/day related. Maybe it is seaons or something completely different.

@raindearThe green hatchlings came from green eggs.

3 minutes ago, Solanatsea said:

As far as I know, it has not been observed before. But I find it a very interesting observation!
Has there always been listed "Time of Day" and "Season" in the Time Reference?
They don't seem very moon-y to me. Neither do they seem night/day related. Maybe it is seaons or something completely different.

@raindearThe green hatchlings came from green eggs.

Maybe something about days of the week?? Just a random guess... Or maybe the green ones are rare, and come from the coast.. 

Edited by mouse050909

16 minutes ago, raindear said:

Patience, anyone? - NOT!

Well, it can't really be the first two, unless TJ is just seriously trolling us, because TJ's green hatchies hatched from green eggs. If both colors could hatch from the red egg, why would TJ have green eggs?

I understand some people don't like hybrids, but I personally would *much* rather the green be a hybrid then be based on some really annoying restrictive time, like moon phases or whatever-the-heck dark luminas depend on, which we still don't really know and it's been how long? There are reasons I hate collecting Lunars, as much as I like the sprites. I really don't want another one that's so restricted.

Well it is POSSIBLE if not likely that both colors can hatch from the same egg. The fact that TJ didn't make any mention of there being a different way of obtaining one of the eggs also makes breed only or using a BSA unlikely, but we can't discount those possibilities at this time either. With time, we will figure it out, but no possibility can be discounted just yet.

12 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

Well, it can't really be the first two, unless TJ is just seriously trolling us, because TJ's green hatchies hatched from green eggs. If both colors could hatch from the red egg, why would TJ have green eggs?

I understand some people don't like hybrids, but I personally would *much* rather the green be a hybrid then be based on some really annoying restrictive time, like moon phases or whatever-the-heck dark luminas depend on, which we still don't really know and it's been how long? There are reasons I hate collecting Lunars, as much as I like the sprites. I really don't want another one that's so restricted.

Its not about what the indiviual player wants. Its about what TJ wants and what the spriter wants. If they agreed on some weird mechanic then its going to be some weird mechanic....nothing you or I or anyone  says will stop that.

Just another reason to start HATING DC. I'm sick to death of weirdness and mystery. This used to be a really cool game, but the older it gets, the worse it gets.

5 minutes ago, Cinnamin Draconna said:

Just another reason to start HATING DC. I'm sick to death of weirdness and mystery. This used to be a really cool game, but the older it gets, the worse it gets.

If you're getting that stressed and upset because I suggested a mechanic that didn't let everyone get both colors starting from day one and don't want to tell everyone immediately what it is, to the point where you're calling this a reason to hate the site, why are you still here? Let us have some fun, jeez. It completely ruins the fun of coming up with an interesting way to have two different versions of a breed if we just loudly announce exactly how to get it without letting people have a shot at figuring it out themselves. I ain't putting the solution to a mystery novel on the back cover.

Edited by TCA

8 minutes ago, Cinnamin Draconna said:

If you hate DC, why not just quit? I personally like how there's the challenge of finding out how to get a certain egg. 

4 minutes ago, TCA said:

If you're getting that stressed and upset because I suggested a mechanic that didn't let everyone get both colors starting from day one and don't want to tell everyone immediately, to the point where you're calling this a reason to hate the site, why are you still here? Let us have some fun, jeez.

Does that mean TCA is the one who sprited this dragon??