Kaini

Raffle Discussion

11 hours ago, Amazon_warrior said:

*puts out a plate of freshly baked "No Win Here" cookies*

*grabs on of the cookies*

No luck for me either! Congrats to all winners! :)

Congrats to the winners, it's such a delight to see active Forum members winning!

Edited by JaneMcAsh

It really is nice to see forum players win! :)

To the winners, if you have an eggslot did the egg just show up?/ did you notice the egg before you realized you won or what lol

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

10 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

It really is nice to see forum players win! :)

To the winners, if you have an eggslot did the egg just show up?/ did you notice the egg before you realized you won or what lol

No, at the bottom of the raffle page is your options button to claim the prize any time before the next raffle ends :)

...so you could technically claim it on 30th October but who would want to wait that long ;)

Edited by Soulsborne
forgot how to english ._.

... I just had a really evil thought. With the talk about different requirements, what if October's requirement was to raise 3 *Halloween* dragons?? Oh man I can just imagine the drama with that! I mean old Halloweens are breedable a week before Halloween, so if it were something like *hatch* three instead of raise to adult then it'd be plenty possible, though it would mean waiting until the last minute to enter the raffle. Thank goodness TJ wasn't that evil, lol. 

While the requirement number of 3 is really low in general, I'm not sure how much higher it could go before it started disadvantaging people with full-time commitments and busy lives. 5 would probably be fine. Possibly even 10, if it remained something easy like general adults instead of specific types. Anything more and there would probably be a lot of people complaining that they simply don't have the ability to catch that many in a month. (I know I've raised over 100 in a month before, but I think that included multiple frozens, and I have no life, lol.)

Personally, I think there should be a balance between asking for some sort of effort to enter and making sure that everyone is capable of entering. Raising 3 random dragons doesn't really equal effort IMO. But something like "raise 10 dragons" or "raise 3 Westerns?" Sure. I'm also curious to see whether we get new requirements during the Holidays. Now that I have a CB Prize, I'm not sure if I'll continue to enter (I would rather see someone without a Prize win in my place), but I'll probably peek at the raffle page nonetheless.

I still would rather see Prizes in the market. Guaranteed shinies for everybody! But that's a debate for another thread.

Oops, I wrote up a post and never actually submitted it...

19 hours ago, Chococat0815 said:

I see. After all the fuss about the wyrms raising any three dragons is a bit anti-climatic :lol: 

Such is life with RNG. There's a one-in-six chance of getting the "raise any dragons," so it's not all that unlikely to have happened so soon. It is unfortunate that everyone will have to wait a bit longer to see the fancy other new raffle types, though.

The good news is I've looked ahead to see what will get picked (it's RNG, but it's deterministic RNG), and you shouldn't be seeing the vanilla requirements for at least a few months.

Ohhh this is very interesting information! So if it's a one-in-six chance, that means that there are six different types of requirements now? (Or possibly 12 types? I did about two seconds of fraction-thinking and got confused, not my strong point!) 

Let's see, the news post said 'hatching eggs, gathering dragons of specific body types, elements, or from specific biomes'. That's four different generic types right there, so if there are only six types right now it would mean there won't be all the different elements or body types as separate requirements... Maybe I should stop thinking about this because 'one in six' may not mean what I'm assuming it means. 

3 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Ohhh this is very interesting information! So if it's a one-in-six chance, that means that there are six different types of requirements now? (Or possibly 12 types? I did about two seconds of fraction-thinking and got confused, not my strong point!) 

Let's see, the news post said 'hatching eggs, gathering dragons of specific body types, elements, or from specific biomes'. That's four different generic types right there, so if there are only six types right now it would mean there won't be all the different elements or body types as separate requirements... Maybe I should stop thinking about this because 'one in six' may not mean what I'm assuming it means. 

I think it might be the different element types is one (broader) category, but like if it pops up it can be any of the elements, same for body type, since wyrms are a body type, so maybe we'll get raise 3 pygmies in the future etc.

2 hours ago, TJ09 said:

Oops, I wrote up a post and never actually submitted it...

Such is life with RNG. There's a one-in-six chance of getting the "raise any dragons," so it's not all that unlikely to have happened so soon. It is unfortunate that everyone will have to wait a bit longer to see the fancy other new raffle types, though.

The good news is I've looked ahead to see what will get picked (it's RNG, but it's deterministic RNG), and you shouldn't be seeing the vanilla requirements for at least a few months.

Now this is exciting to hear! I really enjoyed the higher difficulty the "raise three wyrms" gave for the raffle. I myself have no CB Wyrms so getting them was tricky, not exactly impossible, but it gave some level of achievement once I got them. Now if there are even more variations for the raffle entry, I'm excited! I'm happy with new requirements being added and if the vanilla requirements won't be around for a couple months, now that will be just great!

Lol in the first few hours of this month I already achieved the requirements for this raffle.

Oh my gosh, I won!  I guess that's karma for rescuing a box turtle from the middle of the highway.  I still can't believe it!

32 minutes ago, Ioma said:

Oh my gosh, I won!  I guess that's karma for rescuing a box turtle from the middle of the highway.  I still can't believe it!

Will you name your Prize after that incident? :D

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Will you name your Prize after that incident? :D

Maybe!  I haven't even decided whether or not I'm going to influence the egg.  Coincidentally, I can't tell whether the turtle is male or female (I think female, but wouldn't bet on it).

Congrats to all the other winners!

No luck here this time either (I could go for one of those cookies), but I'm glad to hear that there will be more different raffle requirements soon! It's pretty refreshing.

5 hours ago, Ioma said:

Maybe!  I haven't even decided whether or not I'm going to influence the egg.  Coincidentally, I can't tell whether the turtle is male or female (I think female, but wouldn't bet on it).

Congrats to all the other winners!

Male turtles will have longer claws and a depression on the bottom of their shell, female turtles have shorter claws and their shell-bottom is flat.  Oh, and conga rats!

Congrats to the winners!

I didn't win, but as I've one onc ebefore, I'm not going to complain ;)

I didn't influence my Prize and got a female :)

(Which is very stubborn right now ...)

3 hours ago, prpldrgnfr said:

Oh, and conga rats!

..... I had to search for this, I just had to, lol:

Image result for conga rats

I am just now seeing this, but the requiremets for this month were raise three BRED adult dragons. So it's a bit different from raise any three dragons.

2 hours ago, Naughtrish said:

I am just now seeing this, but the requiremets for this month were raise three BRED adult dragons. So it's a bit different from raise any three dragons.

WTF.. lucky it didn't change the counter if you had already fulfilled your requirement. (I collected a lot bred stuff in october but my bf didn't and his is still at 3/3)

Wonder when that changed. 😮

9 hours ago, Soulsborne said:

WTF.. lucky it didn't change the counter if you had already fulfilled your requirement. (I collected a lot bred stuff in october but my bf didn't and his is still at 3/3)

Wonder when that changed. 😮

Whooooops, forget that-I shouldn't recheck things after a very long day. 'doh

Edited by pixiezbite

On 10/17/2018 at 9:02 AM, Naughtrish said:

That's 100% a bug—it definitely was raise three dragons. I'll fix it ASAP. Any already-recorded progression and any people who have already entered are completely unaffected.

Edit: it's fixed.

Edited by TJ09