TJ09

2017-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 11th Birthday

But what's with the eggs? I haven't even seen them dropping. :/

Wow, you're right, there's nothing but old eggs in the cave. blink.gif

But I'm sure TJ will make the new ones drop more frequently, we've had similar backlashes before.

This is super cool, I love all the new updates! Just a few days ago I was hoping for a platinum trophy so we can get more eggs xd.png

Also, the new vamp sprites look SO much better, I'm so happy with them

Edited by Seghs

FINALLY SOMETHING IS BEING IMPLEMENTED!!!! I feel much less frustrated with this game for this, (though I'd rather ALL my badges show up and not see the share link highlighted like this:P and won't probably bother with the new BSA, 6h is not worth the time wasted to me xd.png)

Aaaa I'm a Platiunum trophy already ;A; When I looked at the news I didn't assume I'd have one^^ Pleasant surprise:P

Just... I'm kind a bitter on the lack of some courtesy from TJ or the staff to warn the people working their back-sides out in the Vampire revamp thread that these are already being worked on in the in-cave asrtists only section and that the non-'artists' attempts won't be considered for not being in the hidden section (quality aside)...

Well, on the bright side, I personally like the new Vamps sprites, maybe in the case of S1 I preffered 2 from the thread more but what actually counts are the adults and these are a win.

Just isnt' the Vamp. progeny supposed to be in chronological order liek the breeding progeny? https://dragcave.net/vampire-progeny/5v0tg It's mixed up:P

Ok, now waiting for some chances to atually attempt huntign the new eggs

Edited by VixenDra

That's been there for about.... a lot time xd.png

Btw, I'm the only one who tought about Power Rangers when saw the eggs? xd.png

I didn't think about Power Rangers, but now that you mention it, I can totally see it biggrin.gif

On the other hand - shouldn't the white one be green if it was Power Rangers. Admittedly it's a long, long time since I saw an episode of power rangers, but I don't remember a white one.

FINALLY SOMETHING IS BEING IMPLEMENTED!!!! I feel much less frustrated with this game for this, (though I'd rather ALL my badges show up and not see the share link highlighted like this:P and won't probably bother with the new BSA, 6h is not worth the time wasted to me xd.png)

Aaaa I'm a Platiunum trophy already ;A; When I looked at the news I didn't assume I'd have one^^ Pleasant surprise:P

Just... I'm kind a bitter on the lack of some courtesy from TJ or the staff to warn the people working their back-sides out in the Vampire revamp thread that these are already being worked on in the in-cave asrtists only section and that the non-'artists' attempts won't be considered for not being in the hidden section (quality aside)...

Well, on the bright side, I personally like the new Vamps sprites, maybe in the case of S1 I preffered 2 from the thread more but what actually counts are the adults and these are a win.

Just isnt' the Vamp. progeny supposed to be in chronological order liek the breeding progeny? https://dragcave.net/vampire-progeny/5v0tg It's mixed up:P

I think a part of the problem is that because the Vampire was being updated the artists working on it weren't allowed to talk about it. If they told the people who were working on their own, they'd be breaking their contract. I certainly understand the frustration but that's probably the reason why.

Love the fact that the Prize dragons are back, I know that is something people have been wishing for, and all the new features are really neat. Now off dragon hunting I go!!!!

Wow, you're right, there's nothing but old eggs in the cave. blink.gif

But I'm sure TJ will make the new ones drop more frequently, we've had similar backlashes before.

Checked the 5 min drop out of curiosity and only seen one new egg mixed with the other dragons. This can't be right and is probably a glitch. I hope it gets fixed soon so the release continues, everyone is in such a good mood and I'd hate this avesome atmosphere ruined.

I admit I am somewhat saddened to see the badges vanish from our scrolls - I really did like seeing all of them across the screen. It's not the same just having them in a clickable box. But that's an aesthetic thing & I can understand why it was done.

Check out the first page of this event under Updated Dragons Page. In red 'Coming Soon Badge case and scroll stats for others to see on your scroll.'

I remember in Suggestions someone designed a beautiful badge case where we could display our badges. I am hoping that is what TJ is referring to as I would like others to see what I have but I would also like to enjoy my own badge case when I click on my scroll. <crosses fingers>

Checked the 5 min drop out of curiosity and only seen one new egg mixed with the other dragons. This can't be right and is probably a glitch. I hope it gets fixed soon so the release continues, everyone is in such a good mood and I'd hate this avesome atmosphere ruined.

Same

How does one look at those?

If you're using a PC or laptop, you can hover your mouse over the eggs to see their code. If you're on mobile, you can click on them and check where a dragon's name usually is(or the url). '0'

Yooooooooooooooooooooo!

HOLY UPDATES, BATMAN!

Look at all this new Stuff!

Thank you TJ and everyone involved in this!

So many new things to try out!

That platinum trophy doesn't look Platinum though. Looks a bit green to me. Not that I can ever get one with my scroll limitations.

Still, this is so awesome!

And new dragons! biggrin.gif

Edit: YOOOOOOOOO THE VAMPS GOT UPDATED!!!!!!!!

Edited by Shokomon

I didn't think about Power Rangers, but now that you mention it, I can totally see it biggrin.gif

On the other hand - shouldn't the white one be green if it was Power Rangers. Admittedly it's a long, long time since I saw an episode of power rangers, but I don't remember a white one.

They change combinatios. There have been seasons with no green ranger, as well as seasons with no white one tongue.gif Like... there was a time where there was a light blue ranger .-.

Thank you TJ and spriters for the wonderful updates and new dragons. I'm glad to see that CB prize dragons can be obtained again. smile.gif

Im all about everything that is happening right now for this, esp the monthly raffle. Holy heckle, that is the bees knees.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DC!!!!

Well, on the bright side, I personally  like the new Vamps sprites, maybe in the case of S1 I preffered 2 from the thread more but what actually counts are the adults and these are a win.

I kind of agree with VixenDra on this, I checked that thread and people put tons of effort into making their versions of Vamps. I understand the need for secrecy, but it would have been nice to say something along the lines of 'don't bother with respriting, if Vamps do ever get updated it will be done by in-Cave artists' - problem solved, folks wouldn't bother with updating Vampires and focus on something else + such a vague statement wouldn't ruin the surprise (although there would probably be unhappy people then too, so it's hard to come out on top in such situations).

On the other side, I like the update, I feel it was respectful to the original as much as it could be and kept pretty much all of the species traits. This is the way to go when updating sprites.

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY DRAGON CAVE!

Thanks TJ for the wonderful gifts! ALL 6 OF THEM laugh.gif I can't wait for them to open wink.gif

Did fire gems not have an encyclopedia entry before now? I feel like they just got one. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Huh, neat.

I doubt Ward will be all that much useful to me, but I guess it could be handy with raising Tinsels and Shimmerscales. Platinum trophy is great, though.

Groups... probably not going to see much use. Scroll stats are pretty nifty.

New vampire sprites -- about censorkip.gif time! Thank you SO much, TJ! wub.gif

Monthly raffles -- love. But I wonder how that'll work... I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Lastly, new eggs -- Power Rangers? blink.gif Maybe?

Wow, so many great new updates!!! Thanks, TJ, and Happy Birthday, Dragon Cave!

--Now to see if I can find a new egg or 2!

If you're using a PC or laptop, you can hover your mouse over the eggs to see their code. If you're on mobile, you can click on them and check where a dragon's name usually is(or the url). '0'

I know that much, but I do not understand how to get to TJ's scroll. It won't appear for me.

I know that much, but I do not understand how to get to TJ's scroll. It won't appear for me.

You can't see his scroll because it's hidden.

Instead, you can view his eggs for each event. They are at the bottom of the first post in the event's thread.

Edited by Vrack

*pokes at the pink egg*

Come on little one, hatch, I want to see what you look like!

My thoughts on a few of the new updates (these are personal opinions only):

The 8th egg slot - THANK YOU!!! wub.gif

The Groups - I can see this being a super great thing for people who do naming projects like me, EXCEPT for one draw back right now - you can't custom sort the dragons in the group. For example I have a bunch of Ember dragons named in the form of a poem, except when I add them to a group they are sorted in a way that messes up the order of the verses, which then defeats the whole purpose for me. I don't know if this is an issue for others but for now I guess I will not be creating groups.

"Ward" BSA - This is very useful. Again, thank you!

Monthly Raffle of Prize Dragons - Yay! More to go around for everyone!

You can't see is actual scroll because it's hidden.

His eggs for this event are at the bottom of the first post in this thread.

Silly me, I thought those were just pictures of them. xd.png Lol I get it now. Thanks!