TJ09

2017-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 11th Birthday

Still want to know what a "unique breed" is....

I think the DC Encyclopedia lists 190 breeds, is that it?

Just got in from work so....

1. Whoo for sorting groups! I hear some saying you can't sort within the group, which is sad. I'll play with it once I've caught my new eggs.

2. Nifty new header! I like having the number of growing dragons right on the front page best. And shortcuts for the filter actions is great!

3. I love the new vampire sprite, nicely updated while staying close to the original. I don't let mine bit so I'll have to wait to see the new progeny page style.

4. Finally, a sickness protection! Though someone targeted by a viewbomber is going to burn through White BSAs pretty fast trying to defend the whole scroll. I can see it also being useful for raising prizes and GoNs, the fussy things.

5. EIGHTH EGG SLOT! Nuff said.

6. Six eggs?! Yikes, what a dilemma. What do I grab two of on the first round, and just how long will it take to hit scroll goals? blink.gif I look forward to stalking TJ's over the next few days.

7.... I'm sure I'm in the minority, but the raffle announcement is the only thing I'm not enthused with. Maybe just because I'm comparing it to the Trader's Canyon idea; I don't have a problem with the raffle coming back. Fresh blood in the prize population will be nice, assuming breeding ratios are adjusted so the influx doesn't make breeding them near impossible. 60 a month is a LOT of new prizes. But when I read the post I had a sinking feeling that, if the 'raising dragons to earn stuff' idea is used for this, that's ALL it will used for. I don't want a prize dragon, I want to earn metals and old holidays. To me, the most important thing about Trader's Canyon is/was that you had a certain result, however long it took. Now the mechanic for it is being used for random drawings that get the winners randomized prizes. No me gusta. sad.gif

(The longer I think about this, the more okay I am with the raffle concept. I just wanted TC so much more!)

Stats for the blue egg:

Overall views: 20,391

Unique views: 2,667

Clicks: 510

and still no hatchie! I hope ours won't take that long. ohmy.gif

Happy Birthday, but WOW is it difficult to get the eggs! I'm only seeing maybe three per drop (even at the top of the hour). They're just mixed in with the regular drops. I don't like this at all, it was difficult enough to grab an egg even with the old "flood the cave" drops!

Is this our new reality, or is there some sort of glitch?

I'm hoping it's just a glitch. If this is the beginning of a new method, then getting new releases will be almost impossible sad.gif

The hatchies look cool! They have a very t-rex'y vibe to them, and they seem a bit robotic/mechanic looking. Can't wait to see the rest!

Edit: the silver one looks SO COOL! Slik little snek, i love it.

Edited by HeDy

The hatchlings are soooo cute. wub.gif

Looks promissing. Think I get a new favorite dragon.

I'm hoping it's just a glitch. If this is the beginning of a new method, then getting new releases will be almost impossible  sad.gif

They might just be rare. I'd expect that more from a special birthday release than a normal one.

Hmm, the hatchies look cool so far, but the power rangers vibe is... eh. Seems a strange thing to base an official cave dragon on. I hope that feeling is less apparent in adulthood. Especially if they do end up rare. "DRAGCAVE, featuring the rare prize, gold, silver, and... power ranger dragons" ehhh no ;~;

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Wow!! I caught one eggie last night right after rollover and went to bed. I get up and the drop is over already? Wow. blink.gif

Omg, I just found a new dragon to hoard! The white dragon

I'm hoping it's just a glitch. If this is the beginning of a new method, then getting new releases will be almost impossible sad.gif

When this event started at midnight, the cave was completely flooded with them for a while and then became mixed with other stuff. o3o

Hmm, the hatchies look cool so far, but the power rangers vibe is... eh. Seems a strange thing to base an official cave dragon on. I hope that feeling is less apparent in adulthood. Especially if they do end up rare. "DRAGCAVE, featuring the rare prize, gold, silver, and... power ranger dragons" ehhh no ;~;

Same. I'm quite dubious right now... unsure.gif

Question:

While looking for the new eggs, one came across that said, "this egg shines like gold" ... I can't find an egg with that description anywhere, I've checked Current Releases and Which Egg Is Which.

Maybe a secret new release?

I still haven't nabbed even one of the new eggs... but did catch a Chrono Xenowyrm (hI have no xenowyrms at all), so still a win.

Edited by KiraT

The white one looks like a mosasaurus or liopleurodon. The red one looks like a tyrannosaurus. (planning on making a dino-dragon out of t-rexes so what a coincidence)

Not sure about the pink one. (maybe a flying reptile of some sort)

Question:

While looking for the new eggs, one came across that said, "this egg shines like gold" ... I can't find an egg with that description anywhere, I've checked Current Releases and Which Egg Is Which.

Maybe a secret new release?

Gold Wvyern

Hmmm....looks like they've all got different types. A wyvern, a wyrm/aquatic, two that could go any way atm. I noticed the red looks a bit like a T-rex, while the white looks like a sea-serpent and the black looks....IDK.

Can't wait for the last two.