TJ09

2015-12-19 - Holiday Event Info

I laughed at the end of day two because yeah I found Buffy but in doing so I abducted all the other cats in the village. Hopefully they were all strays. biggrin.gif

They ran away from you because they aren't friendly toward dragons and resent being stuffed into your parka.

That's a shame... I would have liked to keep one of them... or that maybe even Reno & Ronin took them in as well.

I'll just tell myself they were feral and have good places set up already to sleep in when the storm comes.

You're not the only one... I've been trying to make it work yesterday and today, but nothing has helped... The only progess was that the full border and the icons for sound and inventory were showing. But that was all. And that doesn't even show up all the time...

It worked for about 5 minutes the first day that was it.

Nothing I try works. Hope you get yours to work smile.gif

I got a 'day complete', yay! Aww, Buffy is cute. I really wanted to keep her, but had to do the right thing. Now I wonder what would've happened if I had lied and kept her? I wish we could've kept one of the other cats, though, that would've been nice.

I too was coming into the black screen of death after clicking "continue playing". I use Google Chrome and am running windows 10, which recently got a massive update.

*First make sure you browser, whatever you use, is up to date.

*The second thing I found out was you just need to keep hitting your spacebar until you get somewhere that makes sense with it when you come in and there is nothing but black.

*If you get stuck, you should be able to get unstuck by leaving the game (close window or go to your dragon scroll or any other page on the site) and then coming back to the game page form the link on your scroll.

I do still think it just bugged last night, but today it seems to be behaving.

I absolutely loved that little dragon! Yeah, I too was starting to get a little annoyed.. Who knew one town could have so many cats?!

I've done four cats so far, and my legs are tired. tongue.gif

(Plus my allergies have been insane today anyway, so cats are the LAST thing I want to be toting about! Good thing this isn't real life...)

Got it! smile.gif The pillow dragon is cute.

*note to self - we need a spay/neuter program in this town!*

Edited by Lagie

The game is amazing - big step up in complexity from previous years! Reminds me pleasantly of Pokemon tongue.gif

And the knitting Pillow omg so so so cute! <3 Happy to see an animated Bloodscale too, they're one of my favourite dragons. :3

Big congrats to the developers! Thank you!!

I've done four cats so far, and my legs are tired. tongue.gif

(Plus my allergies have been insane today anyway, so cats are the LAST thing I want to be toting about! Good thing this isn't real life...)

Got it! smile.gif The pillow dragon is cute.

*note to self - we need a spay/neuter program in this town!*

Let the formation of the Valkemare Humane Society commence!

Really loving the game. Can't wait to see the rest of the events!

Oh my gosh, this event is really amazing! I love it more than anything I've seen before, it's really well done for what I saw until now.

I'm really imrpessed, that's how you make something special, thanks everyone involved.

It seems fun, I played yesterday, then got stuck and can't get out of wherever I am. I little house with a snow man, door locked, and it won't let me follow the roads to get back "home." Hmm. I really don't know what to do.

blink.gif

Is the cat catching the final task for today?

Yep. You find the right cat, decide what to do with her and you're done for the day.

I guess I was lucky. The second cat I caught was Buffy. biggrin.gif

I'm afraid all the other people in the village will think me a cat-napper now. *yessss, pun!*

But I swear I tried putting all those cats back where I found them. And the not-cat-maybe-dead thingy... Yes, well, I put it back very carefully. Albeit maybe a bit hastily...

To the people that breed their CB holidays to messy mates – why??? rolleyes.gif

Also, I'd really love if there were some way to tell which egg you've already picked up from the AP, besides memorizing a bunch of codes. If you aren't big on trading, it can be hard to find something you'd like even without repeatedly picking up the same few eggs that seem to always be tossed back.

I just realized. Odeen. The cat on the desk of the General Store is named Odin. Coincidence or was I just a big Slowpoke in realizing this?

I just realized. Odeen. The cat on the desk of the General Store is named Odin. Coincidence or was I just a big Slowpoke in realizing this?

Truth be told, it is actually a coincidence that Odin and Odeen are so similar. Odeen is the name of a character from an Isaac Asimov book, but Odin the cat was named after the Norse god Odin because, like Odin, he also only has one eye.

I couldn't play yesterday, but I'm so happy this won't prevent me for not having the badge smile.gif thanks event's organizers.

If I started on 20th December should I be able to do 2 stories immediatly without waiting, am I right?

I couldn't play yesterday, but I'm so happy this won't prevent me for not having the badge smile.gif thanks event's organizers.

If I started on 20th December should I be able to do 2 stories immediatly without waiting, am I right?

No need to worry about missing days. If you're behind, you will just need to play through each day you missed before getting to the current day's story.