TJ09

2015-12-19 - Holiday Event Info

I won't be finishing the game. I dislike having to use arrow keys, because I type too fast as it is, and keep hitting the enter button at the same time. And don't get me started on finding the cats, either. I just really want to go back and tell Ronin and Reno that if they'd kept the door shut, they wouldn't have lost the critter in the first place. xd.png

So...how many cats do I need before I get the right one? rolleyes.gif

Edited by blackdragon71

I won't be finishing the game. I dislike having to use arrow keys, because I type too fast as it is, and keep hitting the enter button at the same time. And don't get me started on finding the cats, either. I just really want to go back and tell Ronin and Reno that if they'd kept the door shut, they wouldn't have lost the critter in the first place. xd.png

The first time I tried I probably tried like 7 cats and still hadn't found it.

Then I reset and it was the third cat I brought them

There should be six cats not including Buffy. So if you pick up six cats already then the only one left to find is her. There is another critter out there you can pick up, but it obviously is not a cat. xd.png

Adding to the answers - you can use WASD to control the game instead of the arrow keys.

The first thing I grabbed was that other critter but my hands were full and couldn't grab a single kitty until I figured out how to rid myself of the thing in my hands. I think I grabbed all the kitties before I finally caught the right one. WHEW! My tree is also very healthy with its last drink of water tonight biggrin.gif

I love this game biggrin.gif

Thanks TJ and all who helped create it! Happy Holidays everyone!

How do I get a tree in the game??? I am very confused. Is there a help thread for the Christmas game ? I'm use to playing games with my mouse.

-removed, game spoiler- Edited by rubyshoes

Please do not post explicit information telling others about potentially game-breaking bugs and game-breaking spoilers in this thread and how to exploit them.

We want everyone to be able to enjoy the game as it was intended to be played, and we would like to keep potential glitch exploit damage to a minimum.

If you find an issue that has yet to be reported in this thread, please PM one of us (birdzgoboom, Odeen, Marrionetta) so we can mark it on our list of things to fix. Thanks!

Edited by birdzgoboom

Sign me up on the "can't be mean to even NPCs" list, hah. I'm also wondering if at the end of the event mostly nice people get a stocking with presents badge while mostly naughty people get a stocking with coal badge, in which case presents sounds prettier.

This makes me sad sad.gif but I guess I'll just have to deal with my badge of coal, makes me different from other members buwahaha xd.png

When you've caught over 200 Hollies since the breeding started and not a single one is second gen. _(:3 」∠)_ *dying noises*

In other news, I'm loving this event a lot. Hands down my favorite Christmas event I've participated in. Thank you to all involved in making this happen! biggrin.gif

Yes :3

Day 1: Trees

Day 2: Kitties

A Tale of Two Pine Trees and Renronin's Missing Cat were the working titles, just as trivia. :)

-removed-

Also, I know its been said already, but I love its similarities to Pokemon. Ahh, the good ol'days.

Edited by rubyshoes

Please do not post explicit information telling others about potentially game-breaking bugs and game-breaking spoilers in this thread and how to exploit them.

We want everyone to be able to enjoy the game as it was intended to be played, and we would like to keep potential glitch exploit damage to a minimum.

If you find an issue that has yet to be reported in this thread, please PM one of us (birdzgoboom, Odeen, Marrionetta) so we can mark it on our list of things to fix. Thanks!

Bump for next page

Script from day 1 available here:

DAY 1: A Tale of Two Trees

Game loads on a BLACK SCREEN. DIALOGUE BOX appears.

PERL: Snowa!

PERL: ...

PERL: Hey sleepyhead, wake up! What's your favorite color? It's important!

Prompt SELECTION SCREEN, user chooses between [blue, Green, Red.]

BLACK SCREEN fades to

SNOWA'S HOUSE - INT.

PERL is standing in front of SNOWA, who is standing next to the bed.

PERL: Oh good, I remembered right. Are you ready to go pick out Holiday trees together? I've been looking forward to this!

PERL: Come on!

PERL exits SNOWA'S HOUSE. Cutscene ends and must also exit the house to continue.

TOWN - EXT.

SNOWA exits home and begins auto-following PERL to the EAST SIDE OF TOWN. After a few steps, PERL STOPS and faces SNOWA.

PERL: OH!

PERL: You don't have an ax, do you?

PERL: ...

PERL: That's not good! Let's go to the GENERAL STORE and get you one!

PERL leads SNOWA in the opposite direction toward TOWN SQUARE and then enters the GENERAL STORE.

GENERAL STORE - INT.

PERL walks to one side and turns toward SNOWA.

PERL: Go talk to Joe. I bet he's got just what you need!

Cutscene ends. If user tries to exit the shop, PERL stops them by saying "Have you bought the ax yet?" User walks up to JOE at the counter.

JOE: Looking for something specific?

SELECTION WINDOW with items Joe sells pops up. AX is the last option on the list. The user PURCHASES the AX which goes into their inventory.

PERL leaves GENERAL STORE - INT. User may then follow her out to continue.

TOWN - EXT.

PERL leads SNOWA east through town toward the TREE FARM.

TREE FARM

PERL and SNOWA enter the tree farm and stop near the entrance. PERL turns toward SNOWA.

PERL: So....

PERL: I may or may not have come here earlier and scouted out some cute trees for us. Don't be mad, ok?

PERL: Well, anyway, come see!

PERL leads SNOWA to two identical small trees growing side by side. The user examines each one:

Tree A: This tree is slightly shorter and fatter than the other tree.

Tree B: This tree is slightly taller and thinner than the other tree.

PERL: They're so dreamy! But...how should we decide who gets which tree?

Prompt SELECTION SCREEN for dialogue options: ["I'll pick first."] (Naughty Option) or ["You should pick first."] (Nice Option).

> IF User picks the NAUGHTY OPTION:

PERL: Oh, ok. Go ahead.

Cutscene ends. User may then select which tree they want to cut down, at which point the tree disappears and leaves a stump.

PERL: Awww...I kind of had my heart set on that one. Oh well - it's just a tree, right?

PERL will then approach the remaining tree and cut it down, leaving a stump.

> IF User picks the NICE OPTION:

PERL: That's so sweet SNOWA! Thank you!

PERL chops down Tree A, leaving a stump.

PERL: I can't wait to see it all decorated!

PERL: Go on, get yours!

SNOWA chops down Tree B, leaving a stump.

After both trees are harvested, PERL turns toward SNOWA.

PERL: This is so exciting! Meet me back at your house so we can decorate your tree!

PERL walks back out of the tree farm. Cutscene ends. SNOWA may then go back to their home on their own time. When they return to SNOWA's house, PERL is waiting beside their door. They walk inside...

SNOWA'S HOUSE - INT.

The screen fades to black and then the interior of SNOWA'S house appears. SNOWA and PERL are facing SNOWA's decorated tree. PERL turns toward SNOWA.

PERL: It's so beautiful, SNOWA!

PERL: I had so much fun with you today. I'm going to get you the perfect holiday gift for the big party; I can't wait until you see what it is. I've put so much thought into picking it out!

PERL: I'm going to go finish decorating my tree now. Bye!

PERL exits SNOWA'S house. Cutscene ends.

Is there a day 3

not yet! It will be released in about an hour. (12am cave time)

...What's going to be considered spoilers? Are we no longer allowed to talk about the story we like or what we find?

I'm confused as to what we'll be talking about, then?

Edited by arya10