TJ09

2015-12-19 - Holiday Event Info

Can someone confirm whether mistletoes were always influenceable? I know someone said that they were earlier in the thread, but I don't remember them being influenceable at all last year. This seems like a new for 2015 occurrence.

Yesterday when I bred my mistletoes, they were not influenceable, today the eggs are, the change must have happened sometime yesterday.

so....too many cats! and not one of them so far has been Buffy.

But one pushed me into a fenced area and I'm stuck. How can I get out?

Please?

Holly Stats and Traders

So far, 73 CB hollies have been accounted for in the statistics. I'm considering adding a number of second gen eggs laid per year column

Edited by mo7

so....too many cats! and not one of them so far has been Buffy.

But one pushed me into a fenced area and I'm stuck. How can I get out?

Please?

try using your unstuck command by clicking the line of text under your game window.

try using your unstuck command by clicking the line of text under your game window.

thanks - I completely missed that.

of course, now I have to start all over again sad.gif too many cats!!!

thanks, Odeen smile.gif

Day 2 Complete! Love the cats, 2 of them tried to trip me.. its just like my house. tongue.gif

Edited by majors

I guess today's quest makes us

CAT BURGLARS

*BADUM TSSSSHHHH*

*rofl*

But... That's a CATASTROPHE !

Okay. I'll stop it and go to bed. Now. wink.gif

Welp, I got stuck, clicked to go back, got the message that it would warp me back and reset my progress... and nothing happened. I'm still stuck. :/

Ah. I closed the tab, and when I re-opened it, I was reset. Thankfully!

Edited by Vespurrs

So many cats but not the one needed. Is there somewhere we can can get help or some kind of hint? Someone mentioned a two-headed dragon but that is nowhere to be found. I've looked all over for this dragon and cat. Between all of the glitchies and this cat I'm about to give up. I appreciate the hard work put into this but this really is frustrating and not very much fun. Sorry sad.gif

D: I accidentally kept the cat. I was literally heartbroken when I read the message! I soooo wish I could redo it. I didn't even mean to keep it sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

what did he say?!

TELL US!

NAOW!

plz?

I am loving this game so much that.... I am like .... forgetting to breed my dragons, need to make sure I get this done!

PS - Still awaiting Two Headed Holly Egg ... Perhaps when one of these Hollies I have Hatches....

Edited by natayah

So many cats but not the one needed. Is there somewhere we can can get help or some kind of hint? Someone mentioned a two-headed dragon but that is nowhere to be found. I've looked all over for this dragon and cat. Between all of the glitchies and this cat I'm about to give up. I appreciate the hard work put into this but this really is frustrating and not very much fun. Sorry sad.gif

Sorry for the basic questions, but to figure out your problem, have you already completed the day 1 event with the tree? If you have, go to your house, and the day 2 prompt will start with Perl running outside and finding a dragon right in the middle of the town square (quite close to the Holly dragon--you can see both dragons within the same window). After you talk to the dragon, a bunch of cats will start appearing around town. You go up to the cats and interact with them to pick them up. Keep bringing them to the dragon until he tells you it's the right one. If you want a more specific direction, the cat can be found in the area north of your house.

To the people that breed their CB holidays to messy mates – why???  rolleyes.gif

Also, I'd really love if there were some way to tell which egg you've already picked up from the AP, besides memorizing a bunch of codes. If you aren't big on trading, it can be hard to find something you'd like even without repeatedly picking up the same few eggs that seem to always be tossed back.

I agree with all of this. So many CB holiday dragons bred to massive, messy lineaged dragons. What's the point? I picked up and threw back so many eggs I had to stop trying to grab any for awhile because I was clearly just clicking the same ones over & over.

I had a cat push me out over a barrier into the out of bounds area. Had to reset to get back.

I was thinking, what the heck kind of friend is PERL anyway? "Here, this *dragon* seems upset, you talk to him, I'm leaving" How'd she know they weren't going to eat me?

ETA: Did anyone else find the little message about flour in Ned's bakery?

Edited by Skyal

I agree with all of this. So many CB holiday dragons bred to massive, messy lineaged dragons. What's the point? I picked up and threw back so many eggs I had to stop trying to grab any for awhile because I was clearly just clicking the same ones over & over.

I had a cat push me out over a barrier into the out of bounds area. Had to reset to get back.

I was thinking, what the heck kind of friend is PERL anyway? "Here, this *dragon* seems upset, you talk to him, I'm leaving" How'd she know they weren't going to eat me?

Ergh, I hear you guys. If you keep finding the same over and over I suggest doing some other time waster thing on your computer in between rounds, like short episodes of a TV show or Pokemon Showdown battles.

Presumably the nice Holly dragon in the town square would intervene if anything went wrong. Seems like a people-friendly critter. xd.png

Presumably the nice Holly dragon in the town square would intervene if anything went wrong. Seems like a people-friendly critter. xd.png

Methinks, if you were to talk to him, you might find him as familiar a character as Renronin. wink.gif

I agree with all of this. So many CB holiday dragons bred to massive, messy lineaged dragons. What's the point?  I picked up and threw back so many eggs I had to stop trying to grab any for awhile because I was clearly just clicking the same ones over & over.

I'm actually able to catch Hollies in the AP this year, first year I've ever been able to catch any, but the ugly breeding is the reason. I've gifted a couple, and am trying to trade an EG inbred Thuwed that doesn't look horrible, apart from the inbreeding. I'll freeze one of the other runtlings too, but I haven't seen a clean line on any Holly in the AP yet.

Methinks, if you were to talk to him, you might find him as familiar a character as Renronin.  wink.gif

Oh the problem isn't that I haven't talked to him, but rather that he won't talk to me. D':

Must be busy thinking deep Holly thoughts. Or plotting ways to avoid the masses trying to catch him this Christmas

I'm actually able to catch Hollies in the AP this year, first year I've ever been able to catch any, but the ugly breeding is the reason. I've gifted a couple, and am trying to trade an EG inbred Thuwed that doesn't look horrible, apart from the inbreeding. I'll freeze one of the other runtlings too, but I haven't seen a clean line on any Holly in the AP yet.

Same. I found two that came really close to being clean and pretty, but just didn't cut it (one was a high gen with two EG parents that were just one gen off from each other--perhaps an accident on the breeder's part, I know I've done that before >___<--the other was a 4g (5g?) that would've been a stair, but the breeder used a 2g dragon as a mate instead of a CB.

So close, yet so far. ;___;

So many CB holiday dragons bred to massive, messy lineaged dragons. What's the point?

There are many people who collect sprites only and don't look at lineages at all. Casual players who may have gone otherwise inactive will come back for the holiday events.

Best anyone here has found was an 8th gen spiral(ish), but nearly everything else has been a mess imo. I dropped one on the Departure board that someone else was thrilled about, since it was nearly a mirror even gen, so it was nice to make someone happy.

Sorry for the basic questions, but to figure out your problem, have you already completed the day 1 event with the tree? If you have, go to your house, and the day 2 prompt will start with Perl running outside and finding a dragon right in the middle of the town square (quite close to the Holly dragon--you can see both dragons within the same window). After you talk to the dragon, a bunch of cats will start appearing around town. You go up to the cats and interact with them to pick them up. Keep bringing them to the dragon until he tells you it's the right one. If you want a more specific direction, the cat can be found in the area north of your house.

Thank you so much. I am playing on my phone and some of the images are very small. Thank you for the help... I really appreciate it! smile.gif

Methinks, if you were to talk to him, you might find him as familiar a character as Renronin. wink.gif

Janus the holly? I wish we could talk to him! laugh.gif

Does PERL insist on us watering the tree every day? I watered it yesterday, but had to water it again today before I could set out on the cat quest.