Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

2 hours ago, Stromboli said:

On the wiki, the 234 accounts for the number of standard dragons.

Spoiler

1872834330_ScreenShot2022-01-09at11_52_36AM.png.63a0e421be6daa49077cd0b77e7c5bbd.png

Which adds up to 294. Am I missing 3 dragons that I didn't know about?

Or 4 dragons? My math skills are usually better than that! XD

Edited by purplehaze

32 minutes ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Dragon_breeds
This page is the best for keeping track of dragon breeds because it has only 1 technical page in it's list.
The unique breeds number is 290 right now.

Looks like it has 291, actually. I’m at 288. Time to go work out which ones I’m missing.

*le sigh*

:D 

37 minutes ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

The unique breeds number is 290 right now.

So the wiki has 290 unique breeds as the number, but that doesn't agree with the figures you are showing in your post @Stromboli.

4 minutes ago, Library_gremlin said:

Looks like it has 291, actually.

One of those "items" is the category of Hybrid dragons -- not sure why it is on that list, since the individual hybrid breeds are already on there. But I believe 290 is correct.

Edited by purplehaze

31 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

One of those "items" is the category of Hybrid dragons -- not sure why it is on that list, since the individual hybrid breeds are already on there. But I believe 290 is correct.

Very odd. Still, it means I’m only missing 2 now!

The "hybrids" category is a subset of "dragon breeds" which is why it is included in the "dragon breeds" category.

The individual body type categories may not add up to reflect the actual total of unique breeds because you have things like Undead Dragons which occur in every body type.

1 hour ago, Stromboli said:

The individual body type categories may not add up to reflect the actual total of unique breeds because you have things like Undead Dragons which occur in every body type.

Ah! That makes sense. Still it is a bit confusing.

the Leetle Tree doesn't count as a breed. 

per my spreadsheet, there are 270 breeds i have, 20 i don't have, and 1 Leetle Tree.

Couple questions:

If I Influence an egg and Teleport it or chuck it to the AP, it'll lose its Influence and whoever grabs it can Influence it again. But if I Incubate an egg and do the same thing, the Incubate will wear off, but could someone else who gets it use that BSA on it again, or will they not be able to, like with Ward? And does it matter if it's Teleported or abandoned or will both do the same thing?

1 minute ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

Couple questions:

If I Influence an egg and Teleport it or chuck it to the AP, it'll lose its Influence and whoever grabs it can Influence it again. But if I Incubate an egg and do the same thing, the Incubate will wear off, but could someone else who gets it use that BSA on it again, or will they not be able to, like with Ward? And does it matter if it's Teleported or abandoned or will both do the same thing?

They should be able to use incubate on the egg again. I've accepted incubated eggs in teleports and incubate them again myself to speed the hatching.

Teleport and abandon should do the same thing in terms of that.

11 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

They should be able to use incubate on the egg again. I've accepted incubated eggs in teleports and incubate them again myself to speed the hatching.

Teleport and abandon should do the same thing in terms of that.

Okay, thanks.

Is it just me, or have cave drops been refreshing faster than every 5 minutes lately?

2 hours ago, 0x08 said:

Is it just me, or have cave drops been refreshing faster than every 5 minutes lately?

Maybe more people are grabbing eggs now that the holiday season is over and Secret Santa gifting has begun?

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Maybe more people are grabbing eggs now that the holiday season is over and Secret Santa gifting has begun?

That might explain it! :)

23 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I have 290 and I think I have at least one of everything.

I have one of everything and I am at 290.

Does EQ have a better chance of forcing an egg than the Kill action? Furthermore, does the age of the egg affect the chance of the egg being forced to hatch?

5 hours ago, Starbit said:

Does EQ have a better chance of forcing an egg than the Kill action? Furthermore, does the age of the egg affect the chance of the egg being forced to hatch?

Not 100% sure about either but from what I know, EQ and kill have same chance of getting the hatchling out, but if you fail a kill it's just gonna be dead egg shell, whereas for EQ there's chance of no effect. Age of egg certainly affect the chance of the egg surviving, however there's not an always safe formula for how many views and crackstage and age. I think EQ and kill follow the same set of probabilities there. There's a earthquake science thread somewhere in site discussion that you can consult; from my own experience getting wild shumongas, best time for both EQ and kill for hatching is 5 days and a bit more (not incubated) and egg at crack stage 3-4.

I know this is a bug, but I still have two Trick-or-treat pumpkins in my badges? 

Hello, I'm getting confused about how clicks and unique views are counted, and was wondering if it was ever explained in technical detail?
For example, viewing each of my eggs/hatchies via my laptop gives them a single click and unique view, but viewing them with my tablet does not give them a second click or unique view(different device, same IP)?
So, what if I bring my tablet to a coffee shop and click on them all while using a different wifi? (Different device, different IP)?

Basically, does the game pay any attention at all to devices, or does it revolve entirely around IP's?

(sorry if this post was confusing)

If two CB Xenos breed, can they produce a Staterae? Assuming neither of the parents are a Staterae. 

3 hours ago, missy_ said:

If two CB Xenos breed, can they produce a Staterae? Assuming neither of the parents are a Staterae. 

Yes, that should be possible. I've asked that question before too. I think it's a fairly low chance though, I've only ever gotten 1 Stat from breeding non-Stat Xenos.

Edited by HeatherMarie

3 hours ago, missy_ said:

I have seen a couple in the hub, I think. Much more likely to get non-Stat Xeno from Staterae, though!

Edited by purplehaze

9 hours ago, missy_ said:

Definitely can

https://dragcave.net/lineage/145bt

(literally just went on a breeding spree after seeing your question

And I have a question. Does fertility wear off in terms of time? I fertilized dragon A and bred the supposed mate (B) with the wrong dragon (C). I'm not going to breed A with anything else in between this period, in this case will the fertility on A remain till next week, or would the effect wear off after a certain period of time?

@purplehaze Thank you!

Edited by Moriaty

21 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

And I have a question. Does fertility wear off in terms of time? I fertilized dragon A and bred the supposed mate (B) with the wrong dragon (C). I'm not going to breed A with anything else in between this period, in this case will the fertility on A remain till next week, or would the effect wear off after a certain period of time?

Fertility does not wear off. I have a dragon that I mistakenly used fertility on over a year ago and it is still greyed out on the fertility list.

It will last until the dragon is bred the next time, whenever that is.

On 1/11/2022 at 1:06 AM, Shinketsu_Karasu said:

Hello, I'm getting confused about how clicks and unique views are counted, and was wondering if it was ever explained in technical detail?
For example, viewing each of my eggs/hatchies via my laptop gives them a single click and unique view, but viewing them with my tablet does not give them a second click or unique view(different device, same IP)?
So, what if I bring my tablet to a coffee shop and click on them all while using a different wifi? (Different device, different IP)?

Basically, does the game pay any attention at all to devices, or does it revolve entirely around IP's?

(sorry if this post was confusing)

bumping this to the next page