Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

You shouldn't normally have to change your name, and you are here, so it seems to be working for the forum. But I see that on your scroll, you have some tilde's and colons at the beginning and end of your name; those characters are not allowed, and I imagine that you will have to take them out - maybe finally they are refusing to work at all

49 minutes ago, Laurelin said:

4–30 characters. Must contain only letters, numbers, hyphens, and underscores

. @TJ09 - is that what's happened here ?

Edited by Fuzzbucket

11 minutes ago, Quill's Shadow said:

Has anyone here received a cookie this year? Curious if I'm unlucky

I haven't received any cookies this year either. I haven't really done much with the cookie decorating this year, only sent out one, but I have checked it multiple times and I haven't gotten any new ones.  That said, maybe it's just that less people are doing random-sends? I know tons of people are active in the 'send a cookie' threads, so maybe not many are doing random sends.

Edited by HeatherMarie

5 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I haven't received any cookies this year either. I haven't really done much with the cookie decorating this year, only sent out one, but I have checked it multiple times and I haven't gotten any new ones.  That said, maybe it's just that less people are doing random-sends? I know tons of people are active in the 'send a cookie' threads, so maybe not many are doing random sends.

Really? I sent you a cookie, along with a bunch of forum regulars. I wonder what happened.

ETA: I do wonder if people get confused about usernames on a forum versus scroll names.  Obviously if they’re trying to send a cookie to a forum username it won’t get to that person unless their scroll name matches.  When I am on a mobile device, if it is in mobile I can’t see signatures, which often contain scroll names (but not always).’

ETA2: I have just learned of someone else who did not receive my cookie on day one.  Now I am wondering if any of the cookies I sent on that first day went through.  I sent quite a few of them…

Edited by missy_

14 minutes ago, missy_ said:

ETA: I do wonder if people get confused about usernames on a forum versus scroll names.  Obviously if they’re trying to send a cookie to a forum username it won’t get to that person unless their scroll name matches.  When I am on a mobile device, if it is in mobile I can’t see signatures, which often contain scroll names (but not always).

Might be the case there, just went to check out of curiosity, "HeatherMarie" is a scroll with 0 dragons...

Do forced hatchlings that are frozen keep the "This hatchling was forced out of its egg prematurely." message on their view page forever, or does it go away upon freezing?

3 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

Do forced hatchlings that are frozen keep the "This hatchling was forced out of its egg prematurely." message on their view page forever, or does it go away upon freezing?

Keeps

shumonga from my sis

https://dragcave.net/view/wDFu3

And I dug around and found this from my frozen cuties too https://dragcave.net/view/UGaJQ

Edited by Moriaty

51 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

Keeps

Ahh, crud. Okay. Thanks for checking for me!

Edited by 0x08

Not sure if this is the place for this, but...

I missed the Christmas dragons this year, so when is the absolute latest that the new Christmas dragons can still be traded? (Like if someone hatched an egg at an hour left or something, and same with the hatchling?)

4 minutes ago, yulerule said:

I missed the Christmas dragons this year, so when is the absolute latest that the new Christmas dragons can still be traded? (Like if someone hatched an egg at an hour left or something, and same with the hatchling?)

The last fresh eggs would've been picked up at the end of the 27th, so if left as late as possible they would hatch late on the 3rd. If views are kept low enough that the hatchling won't grow up at 4days, you could possibly still find one until about the 9th or 10th. Not sure realistically how many would still be around at that point though.

9 minutes ago, yulerule said:

Last second of possible egg catching is Dec 27th at 11:59 pm

Last second of possible hatching is then Jan 3rd 11:58 pm (1 week time, I take away the last second because )

If person used stun, then last second before any possible hatchling grows up is Jan 11th, 11:57pm.

So technically they can still be around right now, though I really doubt if any is still growing...the last hatchling I saw was earlier this morning, which my sister froze after her slot came back.

I'll actually go as far as saying that only people who are doing special operations on them (idk, neglects, want them to hatch and grow on special days, my sister waiting for her freeze slot to come back) would wait this long, most other people's nr christmas would be grown wayyy before this point. I could be wrong though, either way good luck trying to find one

Edited by Moriaty

15 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

You shouldn't normally have to change your name, and you are here, so it seems to be working for the forum. But I see that on your scroll, you have some tilde's and colons at the beginning and end of your name; those characters are not allowed, and I imagine that you will have to take them out - maybe finally they are refusing to work at all

. @TJ09 - is that what's happened here ?

Thank you for answering @Fuzzbucket

I´m here with my username for many, many years. I startet this game on March 17, 2009. I took this name with the signs cause of having another Laurelin still on this site in 2009 and ~:Laurelin:~  worked fine.

So , after all these years I think I really do not want to change my username into another, for me meaningless, username. I have a big, huge scroll and nearly every dragon that can catched or breed on this site. I enjoyed my time here very, very much but all things have come to an end. Well After Valenth and Tales of Ostlea it ssems my DC time is come to say good bye. 🙂 I can´t be someone other named user cause all my memories are with ~:Laurelin:~. Oh, its kinda difficult for me to explain feelings in not my native speech. I hope it sounds in a way that can be accepted. It should not sond rough, rude or snooty or something like that.

31 minutes ago, Laurelin said:

Thank you for answering @Fuzzbucket

I´m here with my username for many, many years. I startet this game on March 17, 2009. I took this name with the signs cause of having another Laurelin still on this site in 2009 and ~:Laurelin:~  worked fine.

So , after all these years I think I really do not want to change my username into another, for me meaningless, username. I have a big, huge scroll and nearly every dragon that can catched or breed on this site. I enjoyed my time here very, very much but all things have come to an end. Well After Valenth and Tales of Ostlea it ssems my DC time is come to say good bye. 🙂 I can´t be someone other named user cause all my memories are with ~:Laurelin:~. Oh, its kinda difficult for me to explain feelings in not my native speech. I hope it sounds in a way that can be accepted. It should not sond rough, rude or snooty or something like that.

Hi Laurelin!  Sorry I do not speak your native language.   I will do the best I can.  I can see your dragons here including growing things.  I know some things have changed with the site and as Fuzzbucket said, maybe now the old format refuses to work.   What about the name -Laurelin- ? I don’t know if that would work but it would be similar to what you have now and maybe a good solution for you.   I don’t know if we can have dashes/hyphens in the first and last character of the name.  The computer coding for the website has been updated and changed.   We don’t want you to leave.  You spent a lot of time working on your dragons and I hope you will decide to stay. Hopefully TJ can chime in on possible solutions.  I don’t think the old characters will work on the ends, but you may be able to use hyphens.

Edited to add:

If you are experimenting with which name format to use, please understand if you change your scroll name to ScrollNameB, then change it to ScrollNameC, then change it to ScrollNameD, you will not be able to have ScrollNameB or ScrollNameC any longer as those names will not be available to anyone ever.    So think very carefully about the name format you want to use.  Once a name has been used as a scroll name by anyone, it is permanently not available ever again to anyone.

Edited by missy_

@Laurelin I would suggest messaging TJ09, who may be able to explain, but I think you can no longer begin or end with a punctuation mark, and even then only _ and - are permitted - and I am almost certain ~ cannot be used for a new name, so maybe it now cannot work at all..

It doesn't sound rude at all. I feel for you.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

@Laurelin This is very strange, my username is also against the current rules (and I know another person with a similar situation) but I'm not required to change it, my account works normally. Definitely reach out to TJ to figure out what's going on. 

@Laurelin I definitely think you need to discuss this with TJ09. You aren't being rude at all. At some point the username requirements were changed. My scroll name, "42", also no longer matches the requirements but I've not been asked to change it. @TJ09 is there any explanation?

On 1/5/2022 at 9:42 PM, yulerule said:

Just quoting you to mention there are currently 4 separate trades in the Hub with the new-Christmases!

Maybe a stupid question but I used up my 5 kill slots with the Kill action then later used Bite, which unfortunately killed the egg. When will my 5 kill slots be back? Fourteen days after I last used Kill or fourteen days after my vamp bit and kill the egg?

16 minutes ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

Maybe a stupid question but I used up my 5 kill slots with the Kill action then later used Bite, which unfortunately killed the egg. When will my 5 kill slots be back? Fourteen days after I last used Kill or fourteen days after my vamp bit and kill the egg?

Since egg slots return one by one not in batch - first kill slot would come 14 days after you originally use your second kill. Fifth kill slot would come 14 days after your vamp bit and kill the egg.

And I have a question

52366046_ScreenShot2022-01-07at1_46_58AM.png.6587198dac3eaae998645d6ff7a46423.png

I'm hell confused. Which banner generator is correct?

I figured the "frozen" difference would be from the leetle tree (if it counts as frozen or not). Egg drop soup was wrong on the hidden number though. And then in the purple one adult+frozen doesn't even add up to total? Me:??????

Edited by Moriaty

The purple (TJ's) one, I would think, as egg drop soup goes down so often. I will go test mine....

Ok let's go and see... the banner itself keeps vanishing when I save.... so here's a screenie for now.

image.png.ca98e19743c173ed35d7aa5b7d179331.png

Oh great. I had my adults hidden and the purple one hasn't updated.... Give me a while !

Hm. Well, it isn't accurate, and I have nothing hidden... ???  - but how often does TJ's update - it is still stuck with my growing things. Mind you - the numbers shown on my scroll don't match my records either...

It gets worse. Just went to TJ's record to check my scroll; it says I have 16 unnamed dragons. The ONLY things unnamed are my 7 growing things (and a dead egg).... I checked that using the dropdown....

image.png.d4a211097ab29b51f5a8a5b9b1ac121d.png

image.png.c828954b2fc5b083886e66d8980d4cfd.png

I'd hazard a guess that nothing is accurate :lol:

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Both of them are wrong, because they would not count the zombies. Just kidding. But TJ's one seem that it will count the dead dragons, even though they didn't shown in your scroll. Maybe also count the released dragon? Not very sure.

I've count my scroll statistics in google drive. The result are:

Total 919    //   Male 368    //   Female 349    //   Ungender 202

Than add the zombie folders I haven't count:     Male 8+1    //    Female 6

Reduce the zombies:     Male 8    //    Female 4    //    Ungender 1

Total = 919+15-13+6 = 927    //    Male = 369    //    Female = 351    //    Ungender = 201

Um...

Edited by D-wing

Yeah. And are you sure your TJ one is up to date - mine STILL shows only the growing things, even though I have undone that !

27 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Yeah. And are you sure your TJ one is up to date - mine STILL shows only the growing things, even though I have undone that !

I think it would have around 1H deviation , not very sure.

Edit: Compare the Allure of Neglected Dragons and Egg Drop Soup, seem that Egg Drop Soup count one of my female adult to hidden. Does anyone know which breed is it?

Edited by D-wing