Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

How much space do i need to grow pumpkins? It shows only 4x4 on the field and I can't plant it in other ways.

10 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

Out of curiosity, how would you know/would you know which one you end up keeping? Is it random?

Yeah, I think it is random.

Do Halloween hatchlings appear in the AP in the same five rows that the eggs currently are in?

25 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

Do Halloween hatchlings appear in the AP in the same five rows that the eggs currently are in?

Yes

Have been wondering about this for a few years now, and though its just a little pet peeve it still bothers me to this day.

How exactly does the 'unique breeds' counter work? One would assume that the answer is self-explanatory, yet mine has been sitting at 17 breeds (and going up/down accordingly whenever I pick up other breeds that I don't collect), but the count itself isn't correct.

My scroll consists of:

AoDs, Desipis, Marrows, Aegises, Vampires, Tinsels, Magi, Pinks, Reds, and Zombies. That's 10 breeds in total. Also, both zombies were Red dragons prior to zombification.

If Leetle Tree is counted as a separate breed, that's still 11.

Where do 6 more uniques come from and is there even a way to fix this?

@LevelsOfViolence - the only thing that comes to mind for me, and i can confirm this on november 6th - some of the dragons that were killed for zombies or vampires (and stayed dead) were breeds other than the ones on your scroll.  the Leetle Tree doesn't count.

i say this because i picked up a Boreal egg to make into a vampire.  i never had this breed before, so it added it to my Unique Breed count.  my vamp killed the egg, and so it's still on my scroll and leaves November 6th at 4:47 p.m.  at that time, i'll know what the Unique Breed count will do - does it go back to 268 or stay at 269.  if it does stay, that might be why you have 17 Unique Breeds instead of 10. 

Edited by trystan

I've thought of this as well and it would make sense, but I'm rather certain that a lot of my older vampires from 2011-2012 were various commons like Albinos, Horses, Canopies, Guardians and the like. I also know for a fact that I have bitten ~6 holiday release breeds when they were current, and that would probably amount to more than 7 additional breeds. Unless the unique counter started counting only after it was implemented, which would be strange.        

I sure hope that's not the case, because culling ~200 vampires just to get rid of such a minuscule annoyance wouldn't be something I'd want to do. Still, thank you for answering.

Edited by LevelsOfViolence

25 minutes ago, LevelsOfViolence said:

Unless the unique counter started counting only after it was implemented, which would be strange.        

not really, your Encyclopedia isn't retroactive either.

i've asked the question as it pertains to me over on discord, we'll see what happens.

you're welcome.

edit: from the discord's help channel, for @LevelsOfViolence:

"Nope, your unique breed counter does not go down, only up.

It's kind of like a checklist of "have I ever held this breed", so even if you release all the dragons off your scroll, your checklist will still have been filled out."

hold that thought though.... i had only one adult of a breed that i released, and i'm pretty sure my count went down. that question has also been asked. XD

Edited by trystan

30 minutes ago, trystan said:

"Nope, your unique breed counter does not go down, only up.

It's kind of like a checklist of "have I ever held this breed"

I can 100% confirm that this is not the case, I have watched my unique count go up and down a plenty of times as I frequently hunt the AP for breeds I don't collect just so I can gift/trade them. It usually takes around ~20 minutes to update, though I've seen the counter going down faster before.

In fact, I'm pretty sure that I can prove it tomorrow (with screenshots) as soon as all of my CBs hatch.

Besides, like I've said I have definitely picked up commons and holidays from across the years, and I've been around during Shadow Walker, Winter Magi, Cavern Lurker, Arcana, Caligene, Winter Solstice, Witchlight, Pitfire, and other releases.

That alone is 8 breeds, and I'm not counting Glystere, Jesters, Kohraki, and others that I have owned in the past but released.

hmm. it is a curiousity then, and i'm quite interested.  thanks!

another update for @LevelsOfViolence - this one's from Kaini, who said "if you release all of a breed that you have, it goes down."

another theory?:

"If you've ever killed an adult, even though the tombstone vanishes after 2 weeks, it is technically still attributed to your account and considered the dragon breed. So I think killed adults can sustain a "unique breed" for you."

Edited by trystan

Well, I've just released two bitten halloween releases (I've doublechecked that they were the only vampires bitten on that date, thankfully my hoard is organized by time) to see if the 'breed persists' theory is somehow correct and I've managed to only bite a small pool of common breeds across 200-something vampires.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/y0kNZ

https://dragcave.net/lineage/KLa87

Those would be Caligene from 2015 and Witchlight from 2016.

Will give it one hour to see if the count goes down.

35 minutes ago, trystan said:

"If you've ever killed an adult, even though the tombstone vanishes after 2 weeks, it is technically still attributed to your account and considered the dragon breed. So I think killed adults can sustain a "unique breed" for you."

That could possibly be the case, but I really don't remember killing adults that I dislike - then again it has been literally 10 years by now. One thing against this would be the fact that I was constantly kill-locked in the earlier years because I was biting eggs whenever I could, to the point where I couldn't even attempt to make Zombies.

Not to mention that I acutely remember releasing my Shadow Walker, Snow Angels, and the lone frozen Grave hatchling that I had.

Again, thank you for putting the effort into this. It's such a trivial thing that I wouldn't expect anyone to bother looking into it further, I was mostly asking to see if it's a known bug or something.

14 minutes ago, LevelsOfViolence said:

That could possibly be the case, but I really don't remember killing adults that I dislike - then again it has been literally 10 years by now.

totally get this.  i recently went through my spreadsheet to add a field and ended up finding some nice dragons to breed for nice lineages - that i somewhat forgot were there! XD

14 minutes ago, LevelsOfViolence said:

Again, thank you for putting the effort into this. It's such a trivial thing that I wouldn't expect anyone to bother looking into it further, I was mostly asking to see if it's a known bug or something.

you're welcome! :D

Edited by trystan

9 minutes ago, Sophiera said:

How do I remove the rocks on my halloween farm?

The tool to remove rocks is unlocked at level 10, so you'll need to do some harvesting first. :)

Just now, 0x08 said:

The tool to remove rocks is unlocked at level 10, so you'll need to do some harvesting first. :)

Aaah I see thanks!

20 hours ago, Tawanda001 said:

I've been using mine all week. Other than occassionally dropping things when I scroll too fast it's been fine.  Moved multiple tombstones a few minutes ago with no problems. Using chrome

Thank goodness, I got it to work normally again. Maybe just complaining was enough! Lol thank you

I am having problems getting into the event. All it shows me is a blank white page when I try to enter.

Apparently it is working now.

Edited by Nectaris

I think I screwed up. I had planted the acorn squash too closely. What if I completely run out of money in this game?

3 hours ago, Sophiera said:

How do I remove the rocks on my halloween farm?

The tool to remove rocks, the pickaxe, is unlocked at level 20. :) Source: Unofficial wiki, currently released page

1 hour ago, Sophiera said:

I think I screwed up. I had planted the acorn squash too closely. What if I completely run out of money in this game?

Can the edge ones grow? Let them then get the ones behind. Alternatively only clear some to allow the rest to grow

1 hour ago, Sophiera said:

If you're completely out of both plants and money, the game spawns a few coins in for you to restart with.

6 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

If you're completely out of both plants and money, the game spawns a few coins in for you to restart with.

Oh thank goodness! Thanks for answering it too

20 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Can the edge ones grow? Let them then get the ones behind. Alternatively only clear some to allow the rest to grow

I've cleared some and it seems to have worked :)

How do you know when you've collected all of the trick or treat things? ^^ 

There are apparently 49 of them, not the 50 that TJ originally announced, as one was removed. So if you have 49 you are done. You can usually tell because they quit popping up when you get them all.

That makes sense. Thanks so much!

Edit: I swear I have more than 49. lol

Edited by AsymDoll13
Um...