Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I can't find the SALT trading thread.... I swear there is one ? Mine doesn't fit the rare trading thread as it's a fourth gen even...

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I can't find the SALT trading thread.... I swear there is one ? Mine doesn't fit the rare trading thread as it's a fourth gen even...

There's this one, but it's locked - 

Does anyone else have this lagging breeding page problem? Very, very often (like every other time) when I breed my dragons it gets stuck and just keeps loading. The only possibility is to open a new tab and check on my scroll if I got an egg or not. Not the end of the world, I know, but it's been months now so it's getting a bit annoying. I remember people have had problems with actions generally, for me instead it's just breeding... is there any up-to-date thread about this or does anyone know if these problems are being investigated? (Or is it just me...)

10 hours ago, Varislapsi said:

Does anyone else have this lagging breeding page problem? Very, very often (like every other time) when I breed my dragons it gets stuck and just keeps loading. The only possibility is to open a new tab and check on my scroll if I got an egg or not. Not the end of the world, I know, but it's been months now so it's getting a bit annoying. I remember people have had problems with actions generally, for me instead it's just breeding... is there any up-to-date thread about this or does anyone know if these problems are being investigated? (Or is it just me...)

that's never happened to me but i've seen many posts about it

Update: Never mind....it just grew up.   Was new to us situation.   

My husband came to me with this on his scroll: https://dragcave.net/view/aoty8.  He can't figure out why it isn't adult, and I just had to say I dunno.   The thing should have enough views to go adult.  It is well into ER status.  It is currently in 5 fan sites gathering more views.  What's up?  Is this hatchy trying to die on him?  

Edited by Bodecia

Forced hatchies always take longer. It'll be fine. I have a wild one with over 10k views....

Edited by Fuzzbucket

On 11/18/2018 at 10:31 PM, Beldarius said:

I discovered a small problem. The progeny link on a dragon's page doesn't work properly if the mate is deceased. I own a dragon with a deceased father, and when I go look at the mother's page, my dragon isn't in the progeny at all.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/amRU

hxxps://dragcave.net/progeny/0e0F

Is this supposed to happen, or is that a bug?

@TJ09 Just noticed this little bug still exists. The offspring of deceased mates don't show up on the living mate's progeny page.

It seems to be the case for any dragon that shows as "deceased." I have a LONG line with many tombstones; the ones that show a code or a name display just fine. I'm guessing this is therefore because your dragons bred before the change was made that SPOILED MY DEADLINE

https://dragcave.net/lineage/73DVe

I had planned for the lineages NOT to show !, but it was changed so that from that point on, they WOULD show. That happened in 2013, IIRC, as I ALMOST made it to show a totally deadline ! Your red was bred in 2009.

When a couple of hatchlings just now appeared in the AP, they were gendered; when I picked them up, they reverted back to ungendered. Is that normal? :blink:

[update] They both just gendered again.

Edited by 0x08

I think it is - I dropped a gendered nebula (it was the wrong colour) and it went back to S1... But it grew up in the end - and was still the wrong colour for me !

Edited by Fuzzbucket

10 hours ago, 0x08 said:

When a couple of hatchlings just now appeared in the AP, they were gendered; when I picked them up, they reverted back to ungendered. Is that normal? :blink:

It happens.

What happens to the AP eggs when holiday breeding begins? 

This is wrong. Even with Fertility, my Legendary Trio dragons won't produce an egg at all.

9 ELEVEN breedings all politely declined to produce an egg.

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

9 hours ago, 0x08 said:

Yeah. Bred dragons have an invisible view bonus as long as they never change scrolls, so most likely the dragons you picked up had enough views to be S2 while they had the bonus, but not enough to stay S2 without it. It's like how eggs sometimes uncrack after you grab one from the AP. Rare, but happens occasionally.

1 hour ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

According to the recent update (and last Valentine iirc), 1 line at the bottom will remain regular eggs while the other 4 lines will be all holiday eggs.

Even with Fertility, my Legendary Trio dragons won't produce an egg at all.

That's normal, unfortunately. Trio dragons rarely produce eggs because everybody breeds them for more trios.

Edited by Shadowdrake

It happens.

This is wrong. Even with Fertility, my Legendary Trio dragons won't produce an egg at all.

9 breedings all politely declined to produce an egg.

I have a ridiculous time trying to breed Magmas, I don't know if Trios are just generally overpopulated right now or what. 

Old answer to AP/holiday question: Holiday eggs always go to the front of the AP and in the past eggs still in the AP backlog when holiday breeding starts would sometimes (often?) die behind the wall. But thanks to the recent update during Valentines, we should now have one row of non-holiday eggs in the AP throughout holiday breeding, so that shouldn't happen now. (Though we haven't yet seen just how this will go, as it was only introduced towards the end of the V-day wall...)

oops, :ph34r:!

Edited by HeatherMarie

5 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

According to the recent update (and last Valentine iirc), 1 line at the bottom will remain regular eggs while the other 4 lines will be all holiday eggs.

Oh, right. I forgot about that. Thanks. What happened to them before though?

Thanks for answering my next question before I even asked it, Heather Marie. 😄

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

(Though we haven't yet seen just how this will go, as it was only introduced towards the end of the V-day wall...)

I wonder if it will be like that from the beginning for Halloween, or if it doesn't happen until the eggs behind the wall are near death. I guess we will see soon.

Does halloween breeding start tomorrow? I thought it's today but I must've miscalculated

It starts the 25th, which give exactly a week of breeding through the end of the 31st.

Sweet, thank you. I've been avoiding caving so I have enough egg slots tomorrow. There are several spoopy guys I want to collect. :)

I do have one more question about the Halloween rush. Specifically how I should go about ensuring I get as many Halloween CB males as possible (for a lineage project). I have some male pinks and aeons, but I wonder if I should just spam pinks indiscriminately or if I should use my aeons too...

Edited by 0x08

Well, I always just use the Pinks. But I have a ton of Pinks and fewer Aeons.

1 hour ago, 0x08 said:

I do have one more question about the Halloween rush. Specifically how I should go about ensuring I get as many Halloween CB males as possible (for a lineage project). I have some male pinks and aeons, but I wonder if I should just spam pinks indiscriminately or if I should use my aeons too...

Aeon has 50% chance of giving you male.
Male Pink has 100% chance of giving you male.
Use Aeons first.

Get enough pinks and you won't ever need aeons for eggs. Pinks are also easier to find.