Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

wooooooooo thank youuu

umm ok just 1 last question. is it impossible to ever get the badges from events that have already passed? i'm a bit of a completionist/perfectionist so it bothers me that i might never be able to get all the badges. there are so many cute ones that i really really want... :<

No - sorry; you will have to rein in the completionism ! You can get the Easter basket and the treats pumpkin in their seasons, but the old event ones - no.

On 10/8/2021 at 7:45 PM, HeatherMarie said:

This is almost certainly an issue on your side, otherwise plenty of other people would be posting about it as well. Do you have an older computer? Do you usually have a lot of stuff running on your computer at once? Do you have sufficient memory/RAM/whatever available? Are you using an older version of a browser that may take up more processing power in general? Manual sorting and the breed-page (especially if you have tons of dragons) could be heavier pages to load, which could cause your issues if any of my questions apply.

For what it's worth I've had absolutely no huge increase in CPU-action, or overheating or anything like that, when loading the breeding page or manual sort or any other DC page, and I have over 11k dragons. (I do get lag, and occasionally error messages, but that's a totally separate DC-issue.)

'Only' 4,7 k dragons lol and a 7 years old laptop, so the mass-loading probably is too much for the oldie^^ Thanks a lot for your answer! :)

1 hour ago, iiKrina said:

How do I switch to the desktop site on a mobile device? 

You don't. It's mobile-only on a mobile device.

1 hour ago, iiKrina said:

How do I switch to the desktop site on a mobile device? 

18 minutes ago, Lagie said:

You don't. It's mobile-only on a mobile device.

I can switch to desktop-mode just fine on my mobile by checking the 'request desktop site' in my browser-settings where the refresh and bookmark options are. It might be different for different devices and browsers though.

The past few Halloweens, how many eggs appeared in the cave at a time in the Halloween biome? 3 or 6?

28 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I can switch to desktop-mode just fine on my mobile by checking the 'request desktop site' in my browser-settings where the refresh and bookmark options are. It might be different for different devices and browsers though.

Ooh. Thanks! I did not know that was even an option.

49 minutes ago, iiKrina said:

How long can an egg be sick for before dying?

I'm not sure that's really known. There is no set time, how long the egg remains sick will depend on how fast it got sick and how many views it got as well as how long it kept getting views after getting sick, some eggs can remain sick for 12+ hours without dying and some will die faster than that depending on those different factors. 

I have always considered it a good omen if it stays sick a long time without dying, because it wasn't so super sick that it died right away. I have never actually had one die that was sick for a long time. I know there is still a chance for it to die, but it seems less likely.

And if it goes ER I let it hatch then fog instead of waiting for it to get better. Hatchlings are even less likely to die from sickness.

1 hour ago, DragonLady86 said:

And if it goes ER I let it hatch then fog instead of waiting for it to get better. Hatchlings are even less likely to die from sickness.

I would do that, too, if it was close to hatching, but not if it still has a lot of time left. I pretty much ignore late egg sickness in Prizes and some of the others that like to get sick right before they hatch. Then fog them when they hatch and the warning usually goes away in a few hours. But eggs that get over-viewed early on really need fogged right away.

20 hours ago, iiKrina said:

How long can an egg be sick for before dying?

Brand new fresh eggs that get sick in the first 24 hours are the most vulnerable. They die the most easily, so be extra careful with them. :iraptor:

~~~~~~~~

I have Zombie questions:

1. If I want to begin fogging Zombie fodder hatchies, is it okay as long as the tombstone appears on or after Oct. 17? Just making sure I don’t have to wait until October 17. 

2. Did I already wait too late? Could I technically have started hatching Zombie fodder on Oct. 10 (fogging for 7 days for hatchling death on Oct. 17)?

2 hours ago, missy_ said:

I have Zombie questions:

1. If I want to begin fogging Zombie fodder hatchies, is it okay as long as the tombstone appears on or after Oct. 17? Just making sure I don’t have to wait until October 17. 

2. Did I already wait too late? Could I technically have started hatching Zombie fodder on Oct. 10 (fogging for 7 days for hatchling death on Oct. 17)?

Yes and yes if you're trying to maximize number of dead hatchie on your scroll

Does anyone know how rare Oracle Wyrms are? I'm super new and keeping my eyes peeled for cool sounding eggs and this one sounds AWESOME TwT Can't find it on the rarity guide

1 hour ago, FLETCHBEEB said:

Does anyone know how rare Oracle Wyrms are? I'm super new and keeping my eyes peeled for cool sounding eggs and this one sounds AWESOME TwT Can't find it on the rarity guide

Oracles are pretty new, they were first released in July, so they are still fairly plentiful. I see at least one or two every time I hunt the biomes, and usually at least a few in the AP each day.

6 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Oracles are pretty new, they were first released in July, so they are still fairly plentiful. I see at least one or two every time I hunt the biomes, and usually at least a few in the AP each day.

Thank you! I still love my egg dearly even if it is more common :)

Anyone else hunting the cave right now? The jungle eggs have not shuffled on the 5 minutes for at least the last 20 minutes. I don't know about the other biomes.

Edit: And now it did shuffle at 10:50. Weird. I was sitting there refreshing the same codes every 5 minutes, but now the eggs have changed.

Edited by purplehaze

When I was stalking around earlier, the alpine biome seemed fine, but I'm not sure about anywhere else. 

Basically yes - or force.

Variant Age of egg at hatching "Time until death" "Time until death" if incubated
  Green Under 3 days; requires incubation or forced hatching Over 4 days Over 3 days
  Blue Between 3 and 5 days Between 4 days and 2 days 1 hour Between 3 days and 1 day 1 hour
  Purple Over 5 days 2 days or less

1 day or less