Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

this popped up on my discords, but it seems like the Cave is now feeling better now. :D 

Is there a way to find out which of my 256 Zyumorphs have used their summoning ability without checking the actions of every single one?

Edit: thank you everyone. 

Edited by Wiz

1 hour ago, Wiz said:

Is there a way to find out which of my 256 Zyumorphs have used their summoning ability without checking the actions of every single one?

Yes. Put them all in one group, then select 'Availanle for BSA' from the left drop-down options. That's how I know which reds and pinks and purples I can use, so it should work for zyus.

Nevermind. It doesn't work. So, no, no, there isn't.

@TJ09, could that be changed, please?

Edited by Lagie
Wrong info given

2 hours ago, Wiz said:

In a way there is. Given that they are using their summoning as singular groups of 6s, checking only the color you have least of should aid you a bit in that sort of tedious task. At least until the "Available for BSA" is implemented for them as well.

At least that's how I would approach this problem.

In the Encyclopedia, I want to unlock the sprite for the Yellow Sapphire Egg. I already have some adults, but the sprite in the Encyclopedia is fogged. 😶

So, here is my question : I made a new egg (which is blue for now). If it turns yellow before hatching, will it count as a yellow egg owned or will it be "already" counted as blue ?

Thanks in advance ! 🙂

Just now, calona said:

In the Encyclopedia, I want to unlock the sprite for the Yellow Sapphire Egg. I already have some adults, but the sprite in the Encyclopedia is fogged. 😶

So, here is my question : I made a new egg (which is blue for now). If it turns yellow before hatching, will it count as a yellow egg owned or will it be "already" counted as blue ?

Thanks in advance ! 🙂

Unfortunately it will already have counted as blue and can't unlock the yellow one.

4 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Unfortunately it will already have counted as blue and can't unlock the yellow one.

Thank you for the answer !

I guess I will try to spot them in hatcheries then ! 😊

Um... Dragon Cave? You okay? I'm trying to breed my eggs, and you give me a gateway time-out? 

Does a Cantormaris egg "reset" to the Mundus variant if abandoned?

Worded differently, are color-changing BSAs performed on a Cantormaris egg retained in the AP?

10 hours ago, Wiz said:

Not quite, but zyumorphs (other than the one you select) use summon in order of oldest to youngest, so the last few ones by age or breed sort will usually be available for summoning.

1 hour ago, 0x08 said:

Does a Cantormaris egg "reset" to the Mundus variant if abandoned?

Worded differently, are color-changing BSAs performed on a Cantormaris egg retained in the AP?

Cantormaris stay whatever they were even when abandoned. To check what color an unknown/abandoned cantor is, you can use breed sort and see which color they sort under.

17 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

Cantormaris stay whatever they were even when abandoned. To check what color an unknown/abandoned cantor is, you can use breed sort and see which color they sort under.

I see, thanks!

2 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Not quite, but zyumorphs (other than the one you select) use summon in order of oldest to youngest, so the last few ones by age or breed sort will usually be available for summoning.

See my posts on my tests here, it doesn't actually seem to consistently use the oldest available.

This hasn't happened to me yet, but where should one go to inform TJ of an inappropriate or malicious ad? Emails?

Is a prizekin worth anything if it’s a common breed? For example right now I have a 2g razorcrest from a tinsel and razorcrest, is it worthless? :p

Not worthless - you may well find someone very keen to fill a hole in their lineage. It's all about who wants what.

I just fertilized and wanted to breed two dragons, when starting the breed action this activated the "raising/overheating CPU"-problem again (raising noises and not able to do anything). As always when this happens I closed all DC pages and reopened the site. There was an egg sitting there although I had NOT used the breed action! The mother was the correct dragon,  the father a WRONG one, actually the first in the breeding list. This is VERY annoying as I am breeding for Halloween plans.

I often have this CPU-problem when sorting manually and already told about this problem

but never got an answer.

I would be very interested to get some information about why this happens. Manually sorting and breeding are the only actions that causes it and I do not understand what the problem is with them. Is it because of the loading of lots of dragons? What can be done about it? Anyone having the same problems?

12 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

See my posts on my tests here, it doesn't actually seem to consistently use the oldest available.

Dunno what's up with your game, it worked exactly like I expected for the one I just did.

Do hatchlings (not yet matured) lose their gender influence if traded, or is it only eggs that that happens to?

It's only eggs. Hatchlings retain the influence.

5 hours ago, Su_Halcon said:

I just fertilized and wanted to breed two dragons, when starting the breed action this activated the "raising/overheating CPU"-problem again (raising noises and not able to do anything). As always when this happens I closed all DC pages and reopened the site. There was an egg sitting there although I had NOT used the breed action! The mother was the correct dragon,  the father a WRONG one, actually the first in the breeding list. This is VERY annoying as I am breeding for Halloween plans.

I often have this CPU-problem when sorting manually and already told about this problem

but never got an answer.

I would be very interested to get some information about why this happens. Manually sorting and breeding are the only actions that causes it and I do not understand what the problem is with them. Is it because of the loading of lots of dragons? What can be done about it? Anyone having the same problems?

This is almost certainly an issue on your side, otherwise plenty of other people would be posting about it as well. Do you have an older computer? Do you usually have a lot of stuff running on your computer at once? Do you have sufficient memory/RAM/whatever available? Are you using an older version of a browser that may take up more processing power in general? Manual sorting and the breed-page (especially if you have tons of dragons) could be heavier pages to load, which could cause your issues if any of my questions apply.

For what it's worth I've had absolutely no huge increase in CPU-action, or overheating or anything like that, when loading the breeding page or manual sort or any other DC page, and I have over 11k dragons. (I do get lag, and occasionally error messages, but that's a totally separate DC-issue.)

Edited by HeatherMarie

Oops, another question- I'm trying to get the magikarp badge for which I have to do the splash BSA 100 times... Do I have to do it 100 times on 1 dragon, or do you just need to do it 100 times on the scroll, so I could split it and do 50 on one dragon and 50 on another? 

13 minutes ago, iiKrina said:

Oops, another question- I'm trying to get the magikarp badge for which I have to do the splash BSA 100 times... Do I have to do it 100 times on 1 dragon, or do you just need to do it 100 times on the scroll, so I could split it and do 50 on one dragon and 50 on another? 

It's total for your scroll, so you can use all the dragons you have.