Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

The AP has eggs that have 5 days left or more. Does this mean that there aren't as many eggs in queue for the AP, or does it not mean anything at all?

7 hours ago, 0x08 said:

The AP has eggs that have 5 days left or more. Does this mean that there aren't as many eggs in queue for the AP, or does it not mean anything at all?

It usually means people haven't been breeding as much the past few days, so there have been fewer eggs to grab than normal. Usually, when this happens someone starts trying to massbreed to get the times back down, so we never really know how many eggs are currently in the ap.

How does fertility works? Do I have to fertilize both dragons to get an egg, or one is enough? (I am not taking Nilia case right now). If I want to get a holiday from a prize on the Halloween breeding week, is it safer to fertilize both, or just one?

6 hours ago, DarkellaLord said:

If I want to get a holiday from a prize on the Halloween breeding week

You are guaranteed a holiday from a prize on Halloween week; using fertility on it won't do anything, because fertility won't be used up by in-season holiday breedings. The dragon will also still have the fertility applied after you breed them.

2 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

because fertility won't be used up by in-season holiday breedings. The dragon will also still have the fertility applied after you breed them.

Thank you for that information. I knew you didn't need to use fertility during holiday breeding, but I didn't know that it would not be used up if you did fertilize one of the dragons.

Here's a wild one for you. Is two weeks too little time to find and grow 70 hatchlings or so? :P

8 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

Here's a wild one for you. Is two weeks too little time to find and grow 70 hatchlings or so? :P

Probably? If you get them from the AP and incu-hatch them, that would speed up the process, but once you're hatchie locked, you'd need to wait for the first ones to grow up before you get more, and that can't be rushed (we sooo need a 'Vitamins' BSA to speed up adulting). So... you'd probably come frustratingly close if you're diligent (like 56 or 60?). Good luck! (Also, if you don't have a full eight egg slots, I don't think you'd even get that far.)

5 hours ago, 0x08 said:

I do think it's possible though, if the limit is 2 weeks and you currently have freezing slot open, you can freeze 14 now and 14 after the two week period, which would reduce the number you need by 28 already. You can also trade/make deal with people to babysit the dragon hatchlings for you, I've done that a few times with cave born rares I caught and rare lineages I breed (for example, 1 cb copper egg for 6 low time any lineage hatchlings, 1 2g prize for a bunch of hatchlings, etc (I usually only do this more during new release though). I do think it's achievable, but it will be quite difficult.

(but, I was just looking at your scroll stat, you're at 330 grown dragons so you'd actually need 170 dragons to get to gold trophy, assuming that's what you're trying to achieve, in which case that's probably impossible in 2 weeks...

Edited by Moriaty

4 hours ago, Moriaty said:

but, I was just looking at your scroll stat, you're at 330 grown dragons so you'd actually need 170 dragons to get to gold trophy, assuming that's what you're trying to achieve, in which case that's probably impossible in 2 weeks...

LOL yeah I do need *1*70 for gold, I mathed wrong. XD

21 hours ago, DarkellaLord said:

How does fertility works? Do I have to fertilize both dragons to get an egg, or one is enough? (I am not taking Nilia case right now). If I want to get a holiday from a prize on the Halloween breeding week, is it safer to fertilize both, or just one?

It's one, i think.

5 hours ago, 0x08 said:

LOL yeah I do need *1*70 for gold, I mathed wrong. XD

Honestly I'd focus on grabbing any reds from the AP right now.  They can help you pop out subsequent AP finds a lot faster, something that always helps during holiday breeding events, plus you can grow your scroll faster with them. A lot of people breed BSA for the AP right before a holiday too.

If a dragon dodges the blade, will it continue to dodge til the next calendar day, or the next exact 24 hours? I can't remember. x__x

24 minutes ago, OMGitsKairi said:

If a dragon dodges the blade, will it continue to dodge til the next calendar day, or the next exact 24 hours? I can't remember. x__x

The zombie advice thread says you can try to kill again after midnight of the day you make your original attempt.

2 hours ago, Tawanda001 said:

The zombie advice thread says you can try to kill again after midnight of the day you make your original attempt.

Great, thanks! (Also I keep forgetting that thread exists. My memory is the absolute worst. -__-)

small question: what's with people having descs that are just "Element: Death" or similar. I've been reviewing these and dont understand why?

2 hours ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

small question: what's with people having descs that are just "Element: Death" or similar. I've been reviewing these and dont understand why?

It's pretty common. There used to be a bunch of "have 23" or similar. I think people are trying to use their descriptions as personal notes without realizing only actual descriptions will be approved.

20 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

It's pretty common. There used to be a bunch of "have 23" or similar. I think people are trying to use their descriptions as personal notes without realizing only actual descriptions will be approved.

Oh, that'd make sense. Makes me think there could be a feature FOR that that only we can see. Especially because using the desc for this reason would be annoying for people trying to get their actual descs. approved. For now i have just a "this is not the intended purpose" copy-pasted that i use. Thanks!

Why Elements, though? That's a quick google, and not something you'd need that often, i would think. 

24 hours to the second from when it was killed.

14 days to the second till it disappears.

Probably not.... Not many eggs do any more. (I'd love to know what colour my nebulas will be...)

3 hours ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

Do Magnesium Amphitere eggs sort with their future adult color?

I’m trying to determine the color of a bred egg.

I checked 6 AP eggs this way (for freezing) and it worked for me. I could have just been lucky but it seems too high a number for a coincidence.