Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Is there any such a thing as a Google Sheets template for planning out / documenting lineages (that you know of)?

There's a fan site where you can plan them:

As for a googledoc - well, I have mine in an excel file, so I imagine you could set one up. I think I can guarantee that mine wouldn't suit anyone but me...  I also document their beauty in Word !

1 hour ago, 0x08 said:

Is there any such a thing as a Google Sheets template for planning out / documenting lineages (that you know of)?

Not a template, but I have a very rough spread sheet that I use for my PB Trihorns. It has only names, no links or pictures. It is also backwards from the DC lineage view, with the CBs on the left rather than the right. I'm not sure if it would work for anyone else or not, but it helps me figure out who to breed with whom. I have included the code for all the CB dragons so I can easily search when I pick up an egg from the AP and know if it is related to the ones I already have. Link, if you want to look at it.

@purplehaze The doc is blocked for me, but that's okay! Your description of it helps a lot already. I think I'll recreate something similar. :)

just to confirm - if i use fertility on a dragon today, but she can't breed until tomorrow, the fertility still sticks until i breed her, correct?

Yup! Fertility doesn't wear off until you breed, whenever that may be.

17 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

@purplehaze The doc is blocked for me, but that's okay! Your description of it helps a lot already. I think I'll recreate something similar. :)

Sorry. I have changed the settings, if you would like to look, so the link should work for you now.

21 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Sorry. I have changed the settings, if you would like to look, so the link should work for you now.

Yep, it works now, and it's just about how I imagined it! Thank you. :D

To get an undead hatchling, is it necessary to freeze the hatchling before death?

1 hour ago, 0x08 said:

To get an undead hatchling, is it necessary to freeze the hatchling before death?

No. All my undead hatchies died in the fog.

I have two questions.

Would an all number code be considered rare?

And is there a list/chart of how stubborn some eggs/hatchlings are?

1 hour ago, Ginger said:

Would an all number code be considered rare?

CB all number - yes.  (have seen successful trade for neglected and cb metals (it does varies person to person as to how rare/worthy they think all number codes are, but generally it's quite valuable)) Bred - not so sure

quick question: If one obtains a trophy but then releases a dragon and thus make the "grown dragon" number drop below the count needed to get the trophy, will the trophy disappear?

7 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

quick question: If one obtains a trophy but then releases a dragon and thus make the "grown dragon" number drop below the count needed to get the trophy, will the trophy disappear?

It used to, but according to TJ's post in this thread it seems like he was going to change it (can't say for sure he did, but most likely?):

1 minute ago, HeatherMarie said:

It used to, but according to TJ's post in this thread it seems like he was going to change it (can't say for sure he did, but most likely?):

Thank you! SInce the post is from last year I suppose it should've changed...I probably won't know for sure though XD Unless I choose to release some two thousand dragons on my scroll

5 hours ago, Moriaty said:

CB all number - yes.  (have seen successful trade for neglected and cb metals (it does varies person to person as to how rare/worthy they think all number codes are, but generally it's quite valuable)) Bred - not so sure

Thank you!

I'm back~ 

Is forcing an egg using Kill a good idea? It seems risky for just hatching an egg. I dunno guys. 

There are three outcomes to trying to force-hatch an egg.

1. The egg cracks open, a hatchling comes out and the player catches it.
  2. The egg cracks open, a hatchling comes out, then runs away (to the abandoned page).
  3. The egg dies.

I'm not familiar with the odds / chances of these happening.

Hmm... Is it better to wait until they're almost ready to hatch? Or... I dunno. I've never tried to force an egg before. lol

Urgent!! 

I've got 2 very good offers on a trade:

1- a CB ice.

2- a 2G rainbow copper + 3G silver tinsel.

I'm freaking out- which one is the better offer?? 

19 minutes ago, iiKrina said:

Urgent!! 

I've got 2 very good offers on a trade:

1- a CB ice.

2- a 2G rainbow copper + 3G silver tinsel.

I'm freaking out- which one is the better offer?? 

The better offer is the one you want! ;)

It really depends what you value. As for rarity, it’s pretty hard to breed a 2g pennybright or catch a CB ice. 3g prizes seem more common nowadays.

2 hours ago, 0x08 said:

There are three outcomes to trying to force-hatch an egg.

1. The egg cracks open, a hatchling comes out and the player catches it.
  2. The egg cracks open, a hatchling comes out, then runs away (to the abandoned page).
  3. The egg dies.

I'm not familiar with the odds / chances of these happening.

Well... I'm not doing that again. It just killed it. Ooops. 

30 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Well... I'm not doing that again. It just killed it. Ooops. 

I think using the kill action to force an egg is extremely risky. It does need to be close to hatching, though, to give it the best chance.