Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

4 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Definitely an 'it varies' thing. I basically think the same as you, to me 'name code' would be something that's actually a name, not just 'pronounceable' or whatever. But it really does depend. I think if an all-consonant code could reasonably be pronounced it might count... If there is a specific user asking for name codes you can always take a look at their scroll (if visible) to see what they have to get a better feel for what they consider 'name codes'.

Thanks, Heather :)

Yes, it is confusing trying to figure out how people define a name code XD

I bred an egg today and it falls into that category. I’ve decided to call it a name code and if players are interested, I suppose they will offer something.

; P

Edited by missy_

@missy_ There are many definitions of name codes. Some people insist on real names, for others they must "look" like a name (1st letter upper case, all others lower), others don't care about that as long as they are pronounceable.

I think you are smart to just throw it out there and let people decide if it meets their definition. XD

Are the new florets (peach and hybrids) that different that they deserve a separate option in the trading hub? For me, to be honest it is a bit annoying and always a bit of a guessing game - which one is the one I personally needX) Also, what is going on in the trading hub recently? I often see a bunch of rare eggs, which somebody gives for free as separate trades (I tried to offer something comparable in return, nothing can be free) - the trade becomes unavailable and all the trades disappear. Is this some kind of event I've been missing?Secret society? Code? Just for fun?

2 hours ago, DarkellaLord said:

Are the new florets (peach and hybrids) that different that they deserve a separate option in the trading hub? For me, to be honest it is a bit annoying and always a bit of a guessing game - which one is the one I personally needX)

In fairness they are technically different species (iris/alstromelia) and tend to go for different things when trading - i sympathize though that they can be a bit hard to get the hang of/memorize which one's which

4 hours ago, DarkellaLord said:

Also, what is going on in the trading hub recently? I often see a bunch of rare eggs, which somebody gives for free as separate trades (I tried to offer something comparable in return, nothing can be free) - the trade becomes unavailable and all the trades disappear. Is this some kind of event I've been missing?Secret society? Code? Just for fun?

Free just means they want rid. I have often offered things "free" - but I have to admit I will always choose the offer that I like best when it comes down to it - which may well not be the rarest or most special. There are lineage things I'd put ahead of anything short of a neglected or a CB metal right now, for instance.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

image.png.f352c3de7b7fb91396995aac0019f6bd.png

I incubated both of these guys a while ago, they're at their final crack stage, and I'm not hatchie locked, so does anyone have any idea as to why they're not hatching?

Edit: Little buggers had the audacity to wait until I posted this in public to hatch. Embarrassing.

Edited by soullessheartofsteel

@soullessheartofsteel Glad they hatched okay! I looked at your scroll and it's possible they just had too few stats to push them over the edge for a few hours, even when they have a big hole it will often take a little more to get them to actually hatch. The views vs unique-views on the amalthean in particular are a bit on the low side, at least in my experience. 

What is the best time of day (DC time) and day of the month to kill a dragon for zombie purposes? I'm planning to make a zombie next month and I'd like to be prepared.

[ETA] I gave it a thought. If a dead dragon disappears after 14 days, that means I should kill on the 17th (or 18th?) to revive on the 31st. I'm not sure about the time of day, though...

Edited by 0x08

On 9/22/2021 at 5:11 PM, purplehaze said:

My leetle tree is wearing its autumn leaves, so yes, that should be true -- and most likely has been since midnight although I forgot to check it earlier today.

Seeing this a little late but season changed exactly at midnight. I witnessed it ^^

4 hours ago, 0x08 said:

I'm not sure about the time of day, though...

Like you said, the 17th is ideal. I'm not sure if TJ ever implemented his "nighttime boost" idea, but if you want to possibly take advantage of that, best time is 12-6 am right after Halloween starts. If he didn't implement it, then the rate is identical all day and it doesn't matter when you kill or revive, as long as you give yourself enough time to revive the first batch before they vanish.

Okay so... Dragon breeding. Is it totally random between two breeds? Like I'd like to breed an ice dragon (female) with a magma (male) who have already produced a magma egg. If I breed them again, could I get an ice egg? Or is it most likely to produce a magma? I'm just trying to make sure before I breed them again in 4 days (if I have space on my scroll).

They should be just as likely to produce an Ice as another Magma. The two breeds are similar rarity.

On 9/23/2021 at 4:42 AM, DarkellaLord said:

Are the new florets (peach and hybrids) that different that they deserve a separate option in the trading hub? For me, to be honest it is a bit annoying and always a bit of a guessing game - which one is the one I personally needX) Also, what is going on in the trading hub recently? I often see a bunch of rare eggs, which somebody gives for free as separate trades (I tried to offer something comparable in return, nothing can be free) - the trade becomes unavailable and all the trades disappear. Is this some kind of event I've been missing?Secret society? Code? Just for fun?

You might be interested in this suggestion thread as far as the floret listings.

I know that when it comes to unlocking the Encyclopedia, you can 're-view' a dragon after a certain amount of time but before then it won't count again. What exactly is that amount of time? I think it's 1 month, but what *exactly* does that mean, is it 30 days, or 4 weeks, or 'the same time next month' (ie, if I viewed today Sept 25th it would 'reset' on Oct 25th)?

17 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I know that when it comes to unlocking the Encyclopedia, you can 're-view' a dragon after a certain amount of time but before then it won't count again. What exactly is that amount of time? I think it's 1 month, but what *exactly* does that mean, is it 30 days, or 4 weeks, or 'the same time next month' (ie, if I viewed today Sept 25th it would 'reset' on Oct 25th)?

I'm not really sure and it's a little hard to test, but I suspect it is probably 4 weeks, since that is the cooldown time for several of the actions we have -- e.g. vamp bites and Celestial breeding.

In trade posts, what should I call a dragon breed that ISN'T a drake/2-headed/pygmy/unbreedable? "Regular" seems so exclusionary, and dragons are too cool for that kind of thing.

Preferably something short, the character count is pretty low :) Thanks!

@0x08 That sounds great, thank you!

Edited by Toyo

Is there any such a thing as a Google Sheets template for planning out / documenting lineages (that you know of)?

There's a fan site where you can plan them:

As for a googledoc - well, I have mine in an excel file, so I imagine you could set one up. I think I can guarantee that mine wouldn't suit anyone but me...  I also document their beauty in Word !

1 hour ago, 0x08 said:

Is there any such a thing as a Google Sheets template for planning out / documenting lineages (that you know of)?

Not a template, but I have a very rough spread sheet that I use for my PB Trihorns. It has only names, no links or pictures. It is also backwards from the DC lineage view, with the CBs on the left rather than the right. I'm not sure if it would work for anyone else or not, but it helps me figure out who to breed with whom. I have included the code for all the CB dragons so I can easily search when I pick up an egg from the AP and know if it is related to the ones I already have. Link, if you want to look at it.

@purplehaze The doc is blocked for me, but that's okay! Your description of it helps a lot already. I think I'll recreate something similar. :)

just to confirm - if i use fertility on a dragon today, but she can't breed until tomorrow, the fertility still sticks until i breed her, correct?