Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Hmm, interesting. Hopefully it's on the lower side for me this time. :) Thanks

37 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

How many OV/UV/C does it take for a Gold egg to start cracking?

Based on the small amount of data I have, a bit more than regular eggs. Maybe around the same as an equivalent-timed pyralspite or terrae, but not as bad as fire gem/brimstone/lumina.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Two quick questions~

1. How long does it take for the custom description to be approved for a dragon? 

2.  If I use a vampire dragon to bite an egg, do I get to choose the egg? Or is it totally random? 

24 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Two quick questions~

1. How long does it take for the custom description to be approved for a dragon? 

2.  If I use a vampire dragon to bite an egg, do I get to choose the egg? Or is it totally random? 

1. That varies. I'm not sure what the current backlog is.

2. You choose the egg from those on your scroll.

I don't have a Aeon yet so I can't test this out myself, can you precog ungendered frozen hatchlings?

7 minutes ago, Ginger said:

I don't have a Aeon yet so I can't test this out myself, can you precog ungendered frozen hatchlings?

No. If it's frozen, you cannot use BSAs on it.

5 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Oh wow! Thanks so much! That's really cool about the Vampire eggs!

I should have mentioned that eggs of 2-headed dragons, drakes, and pygmies cannot be bitten. But any regular dragon egg can be.

Maybe this is a bit of a strange question but I'm really curious. lol

On the bottom of the description page, after the box that you type into... there's a user comment? I'm not sure what that exactly is? 

I've included a screenshot. ^^ Maybe I just missed something. Who knows, but I figured it was better to ask. 

Screenshot 2021-09-21 171600.png

4 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Maybe this is a bit of a strange question but I'm really curious. lol

On the bottom of the description page, after the box that you type into... there's a user comment? I'm not sure what that exactly is? 

I've included a screenshot. ^^ Maybe I just missed something. Who knows, but I figured it was better to ask.

While descriptions must be approved or disapproved by a moderator, there is an option for users to review and comment on descriptions. I think you have to have a certain number of dragons before you get that option on your account page. Anyway, user comments can help you figure out if you need to make changes in your description to improve it before it is reviewed by a mod.

Oh! That makes so much more sense! Thanks for the help yet again you guys! You're all the best!

On 9/19/2021 at 11:53 PM, Ginger said:

And remember, frozen hatchies don't go on to gender; they stay at the stage they were when frozen.

My Ice dragon finally grew up, so now I have one complete set of legendaries (1 Ice, 1 Magma, 1 Thunder). Would it be ill-advised to attempt a Guardian of Nature summoning now?

The chance of a success increases with every set you complete, but unless you're likely to complete more sets soon, you might as well give it a try. The cooldown's only two weeks, so it really just depends on how quickly you're catching or trading for more trios as to whether it's worth the time to make an attempt or wait for another set to mature.

If a warded egg/hatchi's sickness wears off, will ward wear off as well, or will it still be in effect until the time of ward runs out?

1 minute ago, Ginger said:

If a warded egg/hatchi's sickness wears off, will ward wear off as well, or will it still be in effect until the time of ward runs out?

It'll still be in effect until its 6 hours is done. I've seen ward return when my things got sick again right after they got better.

1 hour ago, 0x08 said:

Well, I tried it, but it didn't work. Better luck next time. :P

Really can't hurt to try every time you can, unless you have another set about to grow up. It can take a lot of tries!

the Equinox was at 3:20 p.m. Eastern/Cave Time today.  if i stalk the forest now, will the seasonal egg i get be an Autumn? :) 🍂 🎃

7 minutes ago, trystan said:

the Equinox was at 3:20 p.m. Eastern/Cave Time today.  if i stalk the forest now, will the seasonal egg i get be an Autumn? :) 🍂 🎃

Yes.

8 minutes ago, trystan said:

My leetle tree is wearing its autumn leaves, so yes, that should be true -- and most likely has been since midnight although I forgot to check it earlier today.

Question about name codes:

Do they have to contain vowels? What if they only contain consonants?

(For me personally, a name code is an actual name, but that’s another story.)

1 hour ago, missy_ said:

Question about name codes:

Do they have to contain vowels? What if they only contain consonants?

(For me personally, a name code is an actual name, but that’s another story.)

Definitely an 'it varies' thing. I basically think the same as you, to me 'name code' would be something that's actually a name, not just 'pronounceable' or whatever. But it really does depend. I think if an all-consonant code could reasonably be pronounced it might count... If there is a specific user asking for name codes you can always take a look at their scroll (if visible) to see what they have to get a better feel for what they consider 'name codes'.