Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

8 hours ago, 0x08 said:

image.png.4641f51e25484d081e70dcf06cbbc412.png

Is there a name for this sort of lineage?

Another name for this sort of lineage, ((See Below, next paragraph for more details)) assuming the genders are “correct” for this lineage (i.e., the top 3rd generation one is male and the bottom 3rd generation one is female) is an arrow. Albeit, a very short one. Basically what you have here are two short stairsteps combined into one arrow. But it technically isn’t long enough to look like a true arrow (even though it technically is one), so it ends up looking more like either a circle or as @Arcy said, a half of a heart. :)

The gender for these is a little more complicated due to the lineage being a little more complicated. Let me explain with a couple of examples.

This first example is a little longer than the one that you posted. This is an egg that I recently bred.

10689E39-9C8F-4C36-A856-D0D4B1631B4A.thumb.jpeg.44a5ad5dc2c73019281d05ee8269e9e1.jpeg

The top 4th generation dragon is a male, and the bottom fourth generation dragon is a female.

The next example below is more like the one that you posted. The top third generation dragon is a male, and the bottom third generation dragon is a female.

97DA3426-2C47-433C-AE30-16010C66F30D.thumb.jpeg.4e2cd60102a3436bbc4492b03d84443b.jpeg

On the one below, which is longer, you can begin to see the arrow take shape.

A17F1614-B4A4-4E9B-BBC2-97D24166DC9E.thumb.jpeg.dac0e723987e1029899122e1e02fd1e5.jpeg

(These are all eggs that I bred, but I crossed out all the lineage names.)

Edited by missy_

On 9/15/2021 at 9:06 AM, Starbit said:

Is there still a possibility for a holiday x non holiday to refuse the first time they're bred out of holiday season?

Yes, I have had this happen. T_T

On 9/15/2021 at 9:06 AM, Starbit said:

Is there still a possibility for a holiday x non holiday to refuse the first time they're bred out of holiday season?

6 minutes ago, OMGitsKairi said:

Yes, I have had this happen. T_T

Yes, absolutely it can happen.  Use Fertility the first time they breed out of season to lessen the chance of a refusal.  It is easy to look at their holiday progeny and temporarily forget that they have not successfully bred. 🙃

47 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Yes, absolutely it can happen.  Use Fertility the first time they breed out of season to lessen the chance of a refusal.  It is easy to look at their holiday progeny and temporarily forget that they have not successfully bred. 🙃

Although, now that I think about it...

Does anybody know whether I will still be able to breed them INSIDE the holiday season?

Which yes I know refusals are turned off for holiday breeding periods, but what about if they've bred holidays before, THEN refused? Because now I'm worried it will just show up with the refusal message on the breeding page, and I'd hate to have to replace one or both of them... 😩

Edited by OMGitsKairi

17 minutes ago, OMGitsKairi said:

Although, now that I think about it...

Does anybody know whether I will still be able to breed them INSIDE the holiday season?

Which yes I know refusals are turned off for holiday breeding periods, but what about if they've bred holidays before, THEN refused? Because now I'm worried it will just show up with the refusal message on the breeding page, and I'd hate to have to replace one or both of them... 😩

You should be fine and able to breed them during the holiday season, as refusals are turned off. BUT ... there is lore, true or no, that not using Fertility on a first pairing, even during the holiday season with refusals turned off, can cause a pair to "silently refuse" (even though they produce an egg during the holiday season). End result: the first breeding of this pair outside the holiday season, even using Fertility, will cause an outright refusal. 

It is only a theory, but for your new pairs that you are considering breeding outside the holidays, it may not hurt to use Fertility during the holidays. 

9 minutes ago, missy_ said:

You should be fine and able to breed them during the holiday season, as refusals are turned off.

My worry is that no "breed" link will appear. On refused pairs the the word "refused" appears in place of the breed link and is not clickable...

I

2 minutes ago, OMGitsKairi said:

My worry is that no "breed" link will appear. On refused pairs the the word "refused" appears in place of the breed link and is not clickable...

If you bred them previously during the holiday season you will be able to breed them again during the season.

I have a pair that refuse outside of the season, but I am able to breed them for the holidays.

27 minutes ago, OMGitsKairi said:

23 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

If you bred them previously during the holiday season you will be able to breed them again during the season.

I have a pair that refuse outside of the season, but I am able to breed them for the holidays.

^ What purple said.  Even the pair that refused you will be able to breed during the holidays, since refusals are turned off.  For me, since I am uncertain whether the myth of silent refusals is true, for first-time breedings in holiday season, I will use Fertility, even though refusals are technically turned off. 

Edited by missy_

2 hours ago, missy_ said:

there is lore, true or no, that not using Fertility on a first pairing, even during the holiday season with refusals turned off, can cause a pair to "silently refuse" (even though they produce an egg during the holiday season).

This used to be true. However, it was changed when TJ made fertilities not get used up during holiday breeding, so it's one less thing to worry about nowadays.

2 hours ago, OMGitsKairi said:

what about if they've bred holidays before, THEN refused?

During the holiday season, they'll show up on the breed list like they've never bred before. The week afterwards, they'll either show up in the same spot or move to the top, only to automatically refuse when you forget that they've refused before and try to breed them again, as one does.

8 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

This used to be true. However, it was changed when TJ made fertilities not get used up during holiday breeding, so it's one less thing to worry about nowadays.

Thank you, Shadowdrake. :) I now see what you mean. I reread TJ's message and found (italics emphasis mine):

"* Pair compatibility will be completely ignored during event breeding. This means that new pairs that breed during an event but would refuse otherwise will not be marked as such after the event, potentially wasting a breeding (if you breed them and they refuse anyways) but allowing the use of fertility after the event."

Originally what threw me was when he stated (italics emphasis mine) "the following changes will happen for the upcoming Valentine's breeding:"  But I hadn't carefully digested his "during event breeding" statement.

The Encyclopedia says by owning 3 adults of a locked dragon image, it will unlock it. I have 3 adult green Pyropellis wyverns and the green variant is still locked in my Encyclopedia? So is this normal for it to not unlock despite owning 3 adults?

I mean it's no big deal, I was just surprised when I got my third one and it's still not showing up in the Encyclopedia. :huh:

2 minutes ago, LadyLoki said:

The Encyclopedia says by owning 3 adults of a locked dragon image, it will unlock it. I have 3 adult green Pyropellis wyverns and the green variant is still locked in my Encyclopedia? So is this normal for it to not unlock despite owning 3 adults?

I mean it's no big deal, I was just surprised when I got my third one and it's still not showing up in the Encyclopedia. :huh:

I am hazarding a guess here, based on the behavior of observing yellow Sapphire eggs.  It may be that if the dragons first grew up on your scroll as orange (default), that the only way to observe them is to observe other players' green Pyropellis adults. But then that doesn't account for the stipulation that the Encyclopedia entry will unlock if we own three adults. So I'm stumped. 

6 minutes ago, LadyLoki said:

So is this normal for it to not unlock despite owning 3 adults?

Yes, this happens all the time with changing-sprite alts. The owned counter only detects whatever sprite they initially grow up as; any subsequent changes don't register, or at best count as a viewed dragon instead of an owned one.

Edited by Shadowdrake

7 minutes ago, missy_ said:

But then that doesn't account for the stipulation that the Encyclopedia entry will unlock if we own three adults. So I'm stumped. 

Yeah, this is what got me. I "own" three, now I feel cheated! XD

6 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

Yes, this happens all the time with changing-sprite alts. The owned counter only detects whatever sprite they initially grow up as; any subsequent changes don't register, or at best count as a viewed dragon instead of an owned one.

That's a bummer, but okay.

Thanks for your quick answers! :)

9 hours ago, missy_ said:

Another name for this sort of lineage, ((See Below, next paragraph for more details)) assuming the genders are “correct” for this lineage (i.e., the top 3rd generation one is male and the bottom 3rd generation one is female) is an arrow. Albeit, a very short one. Basically what you have here are two short stairsteps combined into one arrow. But it technically isn’t long enough to look like a true arrow (even though it technically is one), so it ends up looking more like either a circle or as @Arcy said, a half of a heart. :)

10689E39-9C8F-4C36-A856-D0D4B1631B4A.thumb.jpeg.44a5ad5dc2c73019281d05ee8269e9e1.jpeg

I'd call that - and all your other ones,, and the one from the player who asked for a name, wedges.

there's a slightly similar one I call an arrowHEAD:

image.png.8b950ac55b1dfc23a63ce6538bf48d59.png

This is an arrow.

image.png.c2fccd850c062e408e126efda1396cbc.png

How many sets of trio do you need for a decent chance at a GoN? I have 14 sets but they keep failing. It's getting annoying now. 

10 minutes ago, Cryinglightning505 said:

How many sets of trio do you need for a decent chance at a GoN? I have 14 sets but they keep failing. It's getting annoying now. 

That is some bad luck. 14 sets should give you a pretty decent chance, but it is all random and people have tried for a year or more before getting lucky.

Hopefully your luck will change soon.

Took me three years. I had a banner..... I wish I could find it - it was lovely....

I can't find the info I'm looking for so I hope someone here can help me.  I forgot to influence my canto egg before doing EQ.  If I influence it now does that change the color?  I don't see the influence BSA as having an effect on the color but I want to be sure, because I understand the EQ BSA only works once for changing color right?