Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 hour ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

How do you edit your user profile again? I cant find it o_o

Up top, where your name is under the 'site home' etc bar, click the drop-down by your name and go to 'account settings'. On the right side under 'other settings' is 'edit profile'. 

16 hours ago, Lagie said:

Rarest to least rare, in my experience: purple, blue, red, green, yellow. I could be totally wrong on that! Reds and blues seem to be sought in trades.

Interesting; thank you! :) Also of interest to me is that at the moment, there are four purple Dinos in the trading hub, 3-4 greens, one yellow, and no reds or blues.

I have a green Dino hatchling, and I was thinking of trading it for a purple Dino because I wasn’t sure about the rarity — I’m trying to trade the Dino for something else. But since there are four purples currently up, I don’t know. Maybe it is cyclical? Maybe purple is the rarest, but maybe availability of a particular color alternates between colors? 

~~~~~~~~~~~

On 8/9/2021 at 1:22 PM, Anona said:

I'm sorry. I has listening that AP had protection from wall of same eggs (only 24 of one breed). But now we have a wall of celestials(( more than 24... Is this a bug?

Screenshot_2021-08-09-20-18-44-389_com.android.chrome.jpg

On 8/9/2021 at 1:41 PM, purplehaze said:

No, not a bug. It is  a limit on the number of eggs abandoned by one person. Once someone picks up the egg it no longer counts. If that person then abandons the egg it counts as that person's abandon, not the original breeder. :(

It does seem that the walls have been much less frequent and shorter, though, since the change was made.

There is currently a wall of Frills. I don’t understand why TJ implemented the “once someone picks up the egg it no longer counts“ mechanic. To me, it makes it less likely that people will pick things up once they learn of this, so that the wall will leave more quickly. 

ETA: Wall seems to be dissipating.

Edited by missy_

1 hour ago, missy_ said:

There is currently a wall of Frills. I don’t understand why TJ implemented the “once someone picks up the egg it no longer counts“ mechanic. To me, it makes it less likely that people will pick things up once they learn of this, so that the wall will leave more quickly.

I think it's just that he chose to implement that no more than 24 eggs abandoned by the same person don't show up at the same time, instead of no more than 24 eggs bred by the same person (ie I don't think there's deliberate choice in making a “once someone picks up the egg it no longer counts“ mechanism). Maybe the latter is more difficult to track?

It's not even 24 eggs, it's 12 eggs abandoned per person. Just one massbreeder breeder and one person picking through them can accidentally set up most of a wall, though it's a very easy-to-break one.

Although the way TJ implemented it wasn't exactly what most of us were asking for, it *does* seem to work. The aim was never to get rid of any possibility of walls ever, TJ specifically said that, but it definitely has worked to cut down on the amount of time any one breed 'walls' up in the AP (even during that very-short Frill wall I still saw multiple different-breed eggs in the last row). 

11 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Although the way TJ implemented it wasn't exactly what most of us were asking for, it *does* seem to work. The aim was never to get rid of any possibility of walls ever, TJ specifically said that, but it definitely has worked to cut down on the amount of time any one breed 'walls' up in the AP (even during that very-short Frill wall I still saw multiple different-breed eggs in the last row). 

Agree with HeatherMarie. It is hugely better than it was. And Celestial walls are always going to last longer because of the multi clutch thing. I've abandoned from 20-30 breedings on occasion (yes I know that probably won't make a wall but it could in theory drop up to 120 eggs)  - with a combo of auto abandon and "wrong breed for lineage". I have a number of celestial lines running. It isn't all people being deliberately evil. I actually have about 70 Celestials, but generally I am only breeding one sex at a time.... 

On 9/11/2021 at 8:51 PM, Shadowdrake said:

There is no official word, but the fact that paper and cheese body types are labeled in encyclopedia as "enchanted objects" instead of "dragon" and someone failed to revive any despite many, many attempts with them suggests it.

Weird, I could swear they've always been labeled 'enchanted objects' in the Encyclopedia. I've got a Paper zombified after the Encyclopedia went public in 2014, and neither 'creature' is listed in the 2015 or 2017 update posts as new/edited entries.

(Not trying to be cantankerous or contrary with that - just futilely banging my head against the timeline and wishing EQ hadn't nuked my Kill slots.)

Thanks!

It's possible it was a deliberate but late change; TJ also did eventually fix the workaround for viewing eggs in cave without saying anything, so the anti-unbreedable zombies may just be another background edit he made after being reminded somehow.

Just come back from a hiatus and can see we can finally change usernames! My question is, do inactive, empty scrolls still get deleted? I want to change to just 'Starbit', but the user with this name has no dragons and joined in 2013. Is there any chance eventually this scroll will be deleted because there's nothing on it and I can claim the username?

I don't think scrolls were ever deleted for inactivity -- even if they had no dragons on them. A lot of people have come back years later and reclaimed their old scrolls.

They used to lose all the names on their dragons if they were inactive for a period of time. Maybe that is what you are thinking of. That no longer happens.

So, the answer, I think, is no to ever being able to claim that user name.

So... I found out today that eggs hatch at 4 days and after, so that means like... 3 days and 23 hours or 4 days and 23 hours? I just wanted to make sure I understood properly. Thanks!

1 minute ago, AsymDoll13 said:

So... I found out today that eggs hatch at 4 days and after, so that means like... 3 days and 23 hours or 4 days and 23 hours? I just wanted to make sure I understood properly. Thanks!

eggs hatch with 4 days and 0 hours left of the time remaining, so yep, that would be towards the 3d 23h left side of that scale.

8 minutes ago, trystan said:

eggs hatch with 4 days and 0 hours left of the time remaining, so yep, that would be towards the 3d 23h left side of that scale.

Oh! Thanks so much! That's what I was curious about! You're the best!

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Oh! Thanks so much! That's what I was curious about! You're the best!

you're quite welcome! :D 

feel free to tag me or PM if you have any other questions, too. :) 

On 9/12/2021 at 5:13 PM, 0x08 said:

How early into hatchiehood can a hatchling mature and gender? 6d, 5d?

I know others have answered from their experience already, but I've gotten some to gender at around 6d by viewbombing them (they were going to be frozen anyway and I wanted to unlock myself lol). So I'd think it's possible even sooner, just takes high stats. 

Edited by MissK.

i know i keep asking this, and i do have it written down/up somewhere but~

if i have a Siyat, and it hatches with 3d23h or less left unincubated, it's blue.  this i've got down pretty good.

but if it hatches with 2 1d23h left or less unincubated, that's purple, right?

~~> edit - it's actually 1d23h left or less unincubated that makes it purple.

wow,  purple Siyats really ARE an exercise in patience!

Edited by trystan

53 minutes ago, trystan said:

~~> edit - it's actually 1d23h left or less unincubated that makes it purple.

wow,  purple Siyats really ARE an exercise in patience!

Most of my purple Siyats were ER-timed AP grabs for that very reason, a lot easier to wait when it's already lower-timed!

17 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Most of my purple Siyats were ER-timed AP grabs for that very reason, a lot easier to wait when it's already lower-timed!

oh i agree!!!   i got this one from the AP, but there's still as of now 4d8h left on it, so i have to wait 2 days 8 hours before i can hatch it..... and that puts it at friday morning for me.  i'm in work at 10 a.m., so i'll be hatching him before i go into work..... i really hope an hour will be enough time for it to hatch before i have to leave!

Edited by trystan
little edits here and there

5 hours ago, trystan said:

oh i agree!!!   i got this one from the AP, but there's still as of now 4d8h left on it, so i have to wait 2 days 8 hours before i can hatch it..... and that puts it at friday morning for me.  i'm in work at 10 a.m., so i'll be hatching him before i go into work..... i really hope an hour will be enough time for it to hatch before i have to leave!

If you want to hatch it in an hour, you need to get it as many views as you can before it becomes hatchable at 4d. Then hide it until you want to start trying to hatch it.

Or if you don't get it enough views by the time it hits 4 days, put it in hatcheries when you can keep a close eye on it and then fog it when it gets to stage 3 or 4 cracking.

That will get it hatched quicker when you are ready to ER it and hatch it.

thanks @purplehaze!!  that's a good idea....   but it'll get to 4days at like 3 a.m..... in two hours from now.  so I what I can do tomorrow and Thursday is follow your suggestion of hatcheries and then fogging it at stage 3 or 4 of cracking.

what's two good hatchery to use in this case? I always use Valley Sherwood, Allure, Silvi's and Egg Drop Soup. I use DragHatch when I need a fifth hatchery. 

I like Allure and Draghatch for that sort of egg because they don't automatically put it in the ER even if it is under 4 days. If you need it to crack faster due to your schedule then you can use the ERs if you want to.

funny, over on discord someone suggested allure and valley sherwood,  but your choices make sense too

I do have the time Wednesday and Thursday to babysit the egg during the day, so that's good too

I use Allure and Silvi's. And only those two.

Edited by Lagie
Wrong thread