Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

52 minutes ago, orphaned said:

it seems everyone is getting more views than we used to  .. almost double.       what's up ?  should we worry ??

Definitely need to keep an eye on things. I have had several hatchies get sick lately, which never, ever used to happen to me with the hatcheries I use.

19 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

It will stay there until it hatches or is removed. It was your egg when it was posted, doesn't matter that it changed scrolls.

Ah ok.. well if the person who got a siyat egg from me had it get sick or hatch too early let me know i'll give you another one...

2 hours ago, orphaned said:

it seems everyone is getting more views than we used to  .. almost double.       what's up ?  should we worry ??

I had an egg getting views today, one I hadn't even put in hatcheries. :rolleyes: Good thing I realized before it got too many.

Yes, way more views, but not maturing from them.  For example, I have a Fever that's down to 3 days 19 hours with 5,031 OV and  861 UV.  

33 minutes ago, Stormcaller said:

Yes, way more views, but not maturing from them.  For example, I have a Fever that's down to 3 days 19 hours with 5,031 OV and  861 UV.  

Was it stunned? Anything I have would grow up at 4 days with half those views.

Edited by dragongrrl

7 minutes ago, dragongrrl said:

Was it stunned? Anything I have would grow up at 4 days with half those views.

No, the only time I would use stun is on an Electric.  But that was a good suggestion, so I checked my action log just in case. But no, it didn't happen by accident either. 

3 hours ago, Stormcaller said:

Was it earthquaked or otherwise forced?

26 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

Was it earthquaked or otherwise forced?

No, it wasn't that either.  The only thing that showed in my action log was that I had earlier offered it as part of an unsuccessful trade, but I don't think that could have effected it.  It finally matured at  3 days 18 hours with 7,776 OV  973 UV  18 Clicks.   All's well that ends well.  :D

I'm with the ones talking about absolutely loads of views. My growing hatchies mostly spend their lives behind fog now.

I may be a million miles out, but I only really noticed it at the birthday event. I thought everyone had just gone click-crazy because we didn't quite know what we were doing.

14 hours ago, Roseora said:

What happens if you trade an egg but didn't remove it from a clicksite beforehand?

I can't remove it from the site now as it's not on my scroll, but I know we aren't supposed to have posted/shared other peoples eggs..

Will it still be up, or would it automatically remove since it changed scrolls...?

Why can't you remove it - is it one of those log-in ones ? Otherwise you can.

4 hours ago, Quinney said:

I'm with the ones talking about absolutely loads of views. My growing hatchies mostly spend their lives behind fog now.

I may be a million miles out, but I only really noticed it at the birthday event. I thought everyone had just gone click-crazy because we didn't quite know what we were doing.

I  noticed it then as well  ... around the same  time there were site changes too

one member had several egg / hatchie deaths  ,,, changed    scroll and username  ... still being added to hatch sites without permission !! ,,,

5 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Can you, on sites like Allure where you put your scroll name? I don't see any option to add or remove individual dragons without going through the scroll-name, in which case it won't show if it's not on your scroll anymore.

9 hours ago, Quinney said:

While my babies normally spend much of their growing time while fogged, my numbers are up too, and yes, it does seem the clickers have gone mad to get all the variations, using view sites like AoND and EDS instead of click sites like DDF or the encyclopedia thread to get their encyclopedia numbers.

It may be settling slightly, as it's been over a month since the birthday release, but there are still surges, and it is frustrating whenever one of my Zeroes gets clicked just before growing up.

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Can you, on sites like Allure where you put your scroll name? I don't see any option to add or remove individual dragons without going through the scroll-name, in which case it won't show if it's not on your scroll anymore.

If you know where it's gone, you can add the other person's scroll name and take it out, but otherwise, not. Still - the poster referred to trading it - you know who you traded with, so , yeah.

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

If you know where it's gone, you can add the other person's scroll name and take it out, but otherwise, not. Still - the poster referred to trading it - you know who you traded with, so , yeah.

Is that really a good idea to mess with someone else's scroll? The new owner may have checked where the eggs were posted and been perfectly okay with that. Taking them out could interfere with the way they planned to raise them.

It isn't as a rule - but if you traded an egg and suddenly remembered you'd left it in a hatchery....That was all Roseora was trying to do.  I TRY and remember to take anything I trade out, but... I know a few people have thought they were being bombed and all it was was that they'd added a traded egg to the hatcheries THEY use as a rule, not realising it was already on the different ones the trader used... 

How do I find who I traded it too? I can't see their name on trading history, if they had a forum acc I would just ask if they want it removed from clicksites on my end or not I guess but it's probably hatched by now

You could look in your action log for 'offered (egg) by teleport' and it'll link you to the egg. Their scroll name probably won't be visible.

5 hours ago, Roseora said:

How do I find who I traded it too? I can't see their name on trading history, if they had a forum acc I would just ask if they want it removed from clicksites on my end or not I guess but it's probably hatched by now

Some trades are listed in the notifications, the bell symbol on your scroll page. Your recent trades should name your trading partner.

1) Do green Nilias produce green Nilias by default or do you have to use Fertility on them and their mate (as you would for blue Nilias)?

2) What happen if two different Avatars (Change and Destruction for example) are bred together?

35 minutes ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

1) Do green Nilias produce green Nilias by default or do you have to use Fertility on them and their mate (as you would for blue Nilias)?

2) What happen if two different Avatars (Change and Destruction for example) are bred together?

Green Nilias don't 'breed true', you have to use Fertility on both parents to get a green no matter the parents breeds. 

As far as breeding Avatars together, I *think* there's the possibility of getting an egg of either type, but I'm not totally sure. 

edit: Just bred a Change to a Destruction and got a Change egg, so I think that's right.

Edited by HeatherMarie

1 hour ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

I was interested so I just tried a few. Destruction to Change gave Change, and another pair gave Destruction; Creation and Destruction gave Creation. (I wanted to see if it was random. It seems to be.)

On 7/6/2021 at 4:24 PM, Roseora said:

What happens if you trade an egg but didn't remove it from a clicksite beforehand?

I can't remove it from the site now as it's not on my scroll, but I know we aren't supposed to have posted/shared other peoples eggs..

Will it still be up, or would it automatically remove since it changed scrolls...?

I have found eggs on Egg Drop Soup that are now on my scroll that were traded to me. For most of the hatcheries I use, it seems that the egg disappears from the hatchery when traded. I cannot swear to this, but my experience has been that I haven’t found a newly traded egg on any hatchery other than Egg Drop Soup, Silvi’s Lair, and, if it is super low time, someone may have added its code to ER Valley Sherwood. Also it can be on Daily Dragon Fix. The reason I don’t think it happens on other hatcheries is that I generally check all hatcheries after receiving an egg, and I don’t recall seeing any of them on any of the other hatcheries. But I could have missed one. I’m thinking of one fairly obscure one right now that I’m not sure if eggs automatically get removed from it ...

22 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I have occasionally found my newly acquired eggs (via trade) on Egg Drop Soup. The only way I found to delete it was to load my entire scroll in Egg Drop Soup, then delete my entire scroll. I haven’t really had a problem with other sites— I do try to remember to check DDF and Silvi’s.

I have received MANY eggs and hatchies in trades that turned out to be in multiple hatcheries, so I don't think that holds. But Egg Drop Soup is in a world of its own. It's too much hard work to remove things, so I don't use it.

However, MOST hatcheries remove anything that is fogged after a few hours. Silvi's apparently doesn't; I've been caught that way a few times.

mostly a curiousity - i have a Gold x Sophrosyne pairing.  i've gotten two "no egg is produced" for their first two breedings. (i did use fertility on one the first time i bred them).

when i finally get an egg from them, are my only possibilities Gold or Sophrosyne? the Sophrosyne's mom is a Sophrosyne, but her parents are a White x Daydream.  could my Gold x Sophrosyne net a White or Daydream?

just curious is all.  eventually i'll get Gideon from them though!!

Edited by trystan