Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

15 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Exactly. So the people saying things (about EGGS) like

Wants: h: ward/rainbow canto w: precog, teleport, or incubate canto colors of any lineage

And "H: warded canto: want: green canto

and such like WILL be disappointed when their traded eggs hatch - and there's no way to tell them... (except at least that one wants an orange among others !)

Unless you offer them an already-hatched one! ;)

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

You can turn a blue egg (or hatchie) yellow. Just get it lots of views. You can't turn it pink except by deliberately abandoning it.

You posted:

I thought you wanted a yellow. A pink has to come from the AP, or the hub. There are a lot in the hub right now.

Trying to get whatever the abandoned colour is (pink apparently). Got my colours mixed up. >.<

Any tips on how to increase your chances of breeding for a pennybright?  I've tried three times for one with my Liver of Sulphur Copper and my Alt Electric, but I've failed each time. When I did get a copper, it was another Liver of Sulpher.

5 minutes ago, Data_Girl_3 said:

Any tips on how to increase your chances of breeding for a pennybright?  I've tried three times for one with my Liver of Sulphur Copper and my Alt Electric, but I've failed each time. When I did get a copper, it was another Liver of Sulpher.

The only thing I can offer is to keep trying. :( If you have another pair, or another mate for either, you might try switching them up, but I really think it is just a roll of the dice each time you breed.

7 hours ago, Data_Girl_3 said:

The odds are honestly pretty low. Even with a bunch of pairs to try with, many people only got 1 or 2 brights.

I seem to be getting 1 Penny Bright out of 12 breedings. They seem a little more rare than alt Blacks and Vines (Dark Green)- which I think are 1:10.

2 hours ago, RainDear said:

I seem to be getting 1 Penny Bright out of 12 breedings. They seem a little more rare than alt Blacks and Vines (Dark Green)- which I think are 1:10.

shame- i was just about to start trying but now i feel like i want to wait a bit longer if the odds arent that great.. 

So for the second time, I got a sapphire egg to turn yellow. 

Spoiler

image.png.f93a509c24387d062d18b310875249a8.png

So why, since I once again own a yellow sapphire egg, is it not showing in my encyclopedia?

Spoiler

image.png.6f039190d3ec3484791b6ca37085aecb.png

30 minutes ago, Awdz Bodkins said:

Reveal hidden contents

So why, since I once again own a yellow sapphire egg, is it not showing in my encyclopedia?

Reveal hidden contents

Unfortunately it already counted as a blue egg, so won't count for your yellow egg count unless it goes off your scroll and comes back (like a bounce).

2 hours ago, Awdz Bodkins said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

2 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Unfortunately it already counted as a blue egg, so won't count for your yellow egg count unless it goes off your scroll and comes back (like a bounce).

To expand on this, the egg counts as the type it is when it hits your scroll (whether through breeding it or picking it up). It can't count twice. In order to unlock the yellow egg you either have to view other's yellow eggs *or* get an already-yellow egg through a trade/gift. It won't count as yellow if it's been blue at any point while on your scroll. 

edit: Actually, is that true that an already-counted blue egg will count as yellow if bounced? I've never seen that, is there proof? That's awesome if true, but it doesn't seem like it should be...

Edited by HeatherMarie

when unlocking eggs, i'll stalk hatcheries like Silvi's Lair or Allure.  and i'll also stalk the trading hub, because if it's something someone is offering, the sprite will be there, and i'll click on that to view.

right before i posted this, i did check the trading hub, and as of now (9:40 p.m. Cave Time) there is a yellow Sapphire egg posted there.

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Actually, is that true that an already-counted blue egg will count as yellow if bounced? I've never seen that, is there proof? That's awesome if true, but it doesn't seem like it should be...

I've heard someone talk about how they unlocked a difficult encyclopedia hatchie entry--I think it was a neglected?--by bouncing one back and forth to increase the "hatchies owned" number. If it does work that way, then yellow bouncing should work the same.

9 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

I've heard someone talk about how they unlocked a difficult encyclopedia hatchie entry--I think it was a neglected?--by bouncing one back and forth to increase the "hatchies owned" number. If it does work that way, then yellow bouncing should work the same.

I thought nothing counted a second time for a full 30 days. This should not work. It's great if it does, but as I understand it, it is not intended to do so.

That was my understanding too....

4 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

I thought nothing counted a second time for a full 30 days. This should not work. It's great if it does, but as I understand it, it is not intended to do so.

Nothing counts for viewing, but owning seems to be a different matter. If TJ fixes it, so be it, but it's not harming or giving anyone an advantage so if it still works, might as well use it.

17 minutes ago, dragongrrl said:

Is a Canto from the AP going to be an Itus if I do nothing else to it?

No, a canto will be whatever color the last owner used on it (*usually* mundus if bred, but it's basically a gamble between any of the colors). If you have all the colors already you can temp-sort by breed and see which color the egg moves under.

1 hour ago, Shadowdrake said:

No, a canto will be whatever color the last owner used on it (*usually* mundus if bred, but it's basically a gamble between any of the colors). If you have all the colors already you can temp-sort by breed and see which color the egg moves under.

Thank you for kicking my poor old brain, I should have thought of, it sorts as Mundus. :)

I was looking at a dragon's lineage and came across an Alt Black that was actually cave born. I didn't think it was possible to get an Alt Black without breeding!

14 minutes ago, Data_Girl_3 said:

I was looking at a dragon's lineage and came across an Alt Black that was actually cave born. I didn't think it was possible to get an Alt Black without breeding!

It's not, alt blacks are breed-only. Back when the Prize raffle was once a year there were 'honorable mentions' given out a few times where those winners got to pick what they wanted and it included CB alts (and I think even hybrids?). There are a handful of CB alts because of that, but it's not possible normally and since we don't have honorable mentions anymore no one else can get them. 

30 minutes ago, Data_Girl_3 said:

TJ's original Alt and Commondant Lassard are both CBs In the lineage of this dragon, https://dragcave.net/lineage/nkPRu

Commondant Lassard was an early Cave glitch but I believe there were three or four requested in some of the early raffles.

Hey, did the notification bell disappear? I couldn't find it on desktop or mobile-- is there a new way of notifying us about trades/raffles that I just haven't found yet?

3 hours ago, DarkellaLord said:

Can we sort dragons by breed? Drakes from pygmies, etc. I can't find it=(

No, there is not a sort that does that.

2 minutes ago, soullessheartofsteel said:

Hey, did the notification bell disappear? I couldn't find it on desktop or mobile-- is there a new way of notifying us about trades/raffles that I just haven't found yet?

If you have not had any recent notifications the bell disappears, but it will be back when you get a new notification.