Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Getting an egg from the cave: +5 shards
Hatching an egg: +3 shards
Growing up a hatchling: +3 shards
Breeding an egg: +2 shards
Getting an egg from the AP: +1 shard

There was a suggestion that using some BSAs might give shards - but I've never noticed !

Question because I get nervous about this sort of thing: I know using auto-refreshers to hunt or to give yourself any sort of advantage is definitely Not Allowed. But are we sure it's allowed for things like making a blue Sapphire turn yellow? I've seen that one autorefresher linked multipled times regarding the yellows, and I've used it a few times myself, but every time I do I wonder if it's technically allowed. I'm only using it on a dragon already on my scroll, so it's not like it gives an advantage against other users or anything... But I don't want to accidentally be doing something wrong. 

( @Kaini do you know if there is any official word on this?)

4 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Question because I get nervous about this sort of thing: I know using auto-refreshers to hunt or to give yourself any sort of advantage is definitely Not Allowed. But are we sure it's allowed for things like making a blue Sapphire turn yellow? I've seen that one autorefresher linked multipled times regarding the yellows, and I've used it a few times myself, but every time I do I wonder if it's technically allowed. I'm only using it on a dragon already on my scroll, so it's not like it gives an advantage against other users or anything... But I don't want to accidentally be doing something wrong. 

( @Kaini do you know if there is any official word on this?)

Auto-refereshers built into other websites (like AOND's https://www.allureofnds.net/NDER/NDAR) for giving views are fine.  I do it all the time for ND-ing. It's just a fansite but like really fast. Just don't use extensions on the site.

Yeah, there's no functional difference between an individual egg autorefresher and a hatchery website, just the scale.

summer seasonals are in the Forest, correct?

it does say it in the Encyclopedia as well as on the Wiki.

however: somewhere on one of the discords (?) someone had mentioned something like "we'll have to see where the Summer eggs are this year" so i'm just wanting to confirm the Forest as correct.  while i haven't been in the Forest every 5 minutes today, the times i've been there thus far, i have yet to see one.

(i'm also just making sure for my sanity, too XD)

soo, I am now "raising" my 4th Yellow sapphire egg

it is still not showing up in my encyclopedia- since we cant get them CB ( unless turned) does that mean you cant get that opened up?  not that I care much  , but seems odd that  even though I have changed 4 I still have a shadow there????

12 minutes ago, dragonpuck said:

it is still not showing up in my encyclopedia- since we cant get them CB ( unless turned) does that mean you cant get that opened up?  not that I care much  , but seems odd that  even though I have changed 4 I still have a shadow there????

Apparently the eggs you raise yourself have already counted when they were blue and can't count again when they turn yellow.

You will need to hunt one down in one of the hatcheries, I'm afraid.

28 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Apparently the eggs you raise yourself have already counted when they were blue and can't count again when they turn yellow.

You will need to hunt one down in one of the hatcheries, I'm afraid.

ahh that makes sense-- sort of

1 hour ago, trystan said:

summer seasonals are in the Forest, correct?

it does say it in the Encyclopedia as well as on the Wiki.

however: somewhere on one of the discords (?) someone had mentioned something like "we'll have to see where the Summer eggs are this year" so i'm just wanting to confirm the Forest as correct.  while i haven't been in the Forest every 5 minutes today, the times i've been there thus far, i have yet to see one.

(i'm also just making sure for my sanity, too XD)

They should be in the Forest, yes. I just checked the Wiki too and it says so. I haven't checked the Forest biome but yes they should drop there.

Maybe people in the discord were trying to refer to another species such as the Equinox, they just moved to the Alpine (they migrate every season).

14 minutes ago, Kegluneq said:

Maybe people in the discord were trying to refer to another species such as the Equinox, they just moved to the Alpine (they migrate every season).

thanks - this was it exactly! i asked over on one of the discords, and this was the answer.  i got my Seasonals and my Equinoxes confuzzled! :D 

1 hour ago, dragonpuck said:

People in the Encyclopedia Helpers thread 

are posting Yellow Sapphire eggs when they can. Since they turn so close to hatching, it can be hard to see them in the time window you get, but they are posted there.

I played DC several years ago and recently came back. Most of the changes are straightforward but I have a few questions about the trading hub: 

- Sometimes, the Want field in a trade is empty. Does that mean “make me an offer” or “this is free, just offer a dummy”?

- Sometimes, people specify “I use decline”. Why? Doesn’t everyone use decline to decline an offer ? How would you do it otherwise?

Can't help you with the first.

The second 'I use decline' is a reassurance that the person won't keep you waiting for days even though they are probably pretty sure they don't want your trade. If the trade is still active they are considering you (or haven't seen it yet). 

Do Sapphires turn yellow as soon as they are abandoned or when they are picked up from the AP?

If the want field is empty, I make an offer - it can't hurt. What I hate more is wants that I don't actually understand :lol: There was one yesterday that made so little sense that I didn't dare even try.

Quick question (seeing something in the hub) a canto going through the hub WILL turn orange, surely ? The trader seems confused...

2 minutes ago, Fortune86 said:

Do Sapphires turn yellow as soon as they are abandoned or when they are picked up from the AP?

No they turn when they have hit 4000 ovs. (and pink ones won't turn yellow at all.)

They turn pink when wilfully abandoned, but not when autoed.

2 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

They turn pink when wilfully abandoned, but not when autoed.

I have spent the last hour hunting the wrong colour.... >.<

Thanks. 

If you get a blue, you can turn it yourself :)

8 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

If you get a blue, you can turn it yourself :)

Into the abandoned colour? How?

You can turn a blue egg (or hatchie) yellow. Just get it lots of views. You can't turn it pink except by deliberately abandoning it.

You posted:

59 minutes ago, Fortune86 said:

I thought you wanted a yellow. A pink has to come from the AP, or the hub. There are a lot in the hub right now.

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Quick question (seeing something in the hub) a canto going through the hub WILL turn orange, surely ? The trader seems confused...

Yes, unless the recipient uses another BSA on it such as incubate.

Exactly. So the people saying things (about EGGS) like

Wants: h: ward/rainbow canto w: precog, teleport, or incubate canto colors of any lineage

And "H: warded canto: want: green canto

and such like WILL be disappointed when their traded eggs hatch - and there's no way to tell them... (except at least that one wants an orange among others !)