Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Just wondering, if two dragons aren’t interested in each other the first breeding attempt, will you need a new pair of dragons?

9 minutes ago, Cuon said:

Just wondering, if two dragons aren’t interested in each other the first breeding attempt, will you need a new pair of dragons?

They can still breed, but may not throw many eggs.

15 minutes ago, Cuon said:

I don't think the first time you get that result means much more than if you just get no egg produced. Chances are good they will breed just fine the next time. Once in awhile you will get a pair that repeatedly show no interest and then you might need to switch up partners.

15 hours ago, purplehaze said:

There is not. I think there is an active suggestion in the Suggestion Forum asking for that to be added, though, if you want to add your voice to that.

Edit: Found it for you

Thanks! Ironically I got an Amethyst when I thought I was getting a Citrine.

Can you incubate Cantormaris eggs and still get the Tutela if you use ward after you incubate? I thought you could, but someone I know tried it (on my advice) and hers all ended up Iratus. I was under the impression that the last BSA used on an egg before it hatches is what determines the color.

23 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Can you incubate Cantormaris eggs and still get the Tutela if you use ward after you incubate? I thought you could, but someone I know tried it (on my advice) and hers all ended up Iratus. I was under the impression that the last BSA used on an egg before it hatches is what determines the color.

It's last BSA used, yes. Did she check her action log to make *sure* nothing else was used on them after Ward? People have posted about mix-ups like this before and then found they didn't realize they'd done another action after. If she's positive Ward was the last BSA used, it must be a glitch.

52 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

It's last BSA used, yes. Did she check her action log to make *sure* nothing else was used on them after Ward? People have posted about mix-ups like this before and then found they didn't realize they'd done another action after. If she's positive Ward was the last BSA used, it must be a glitch.

No. It's not.

I used influence then incubate then ward and had red hatchies.

@purplehaze, my apologies. :( I checked my action log and I completely and utterly forgot to ward the durned eggs. *headdesks*

Edited by Lagie
Thank heavens for the Action Log!

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

No. It's not.

I used influence then incubate then ward and had red hatchies.

@purplehaze, my apologies. :( I checked my action log and I completely and utterly forgot to ward the durned eggs. *headdesks*

XD Sounds like something I would do!

And something I have DONE ! Along with influencing....

Yellow Sapphires. They DO still turn as hatchies, yes ? I have one now with 4510 views - and nada ....

I blitzed it and it's well over 5000 now and is still very pink.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Yellow Sapphires. They DO still turn as hatchies, yes ? I have one now with 4510 views - and nada ....

I blitzed it and it's well over 5000 now and is still very pink.

Pink ones won't turn yellow.

How do you get the dark purple Floret eggs? I've been breeding, but not sure if I'm doing it wrong or am just unlucky.

58 minutes ago, Charity322 said:

How do you get the dark purple Floret eggs? I've been breeding, but not sure if I'm doing it wrong or am just unlucky.

It just seems to be very rare. The new peach Floret x either of the older Florets seem to be capable of producing them. I have seen both. But I have not been able to breed any.

does Summer in the Cave start the same time as the astronomical Summer Solstice in the northern hemisphere?  if so, that's 11:32 p.m. Cave Time tonight 🤔

I think it does change at midnight cave time - but I'm not sure.

ah, thanks..... so that would make Cave Summer start on the first full day of Summer, not the day summer actually starts, LOL

it's fine whenever it starts, i'll change my summer breeding (and stalking for a CB Summer) to tomorrow on my spreadsheet is all. :D 

I added an extension to my browser to load images faster, because I've been having a lot of trouble with that lately on other sites. Then I came to Dragon Cave, put my mouse over some eggs to look at their codes, but did not click on them. Then I went to my dragons page, and there were the eggs I had moused over without clicking on. I suspected that the new browser extension was the culprit and tested a few times with it enabled and disabled. It's definitely causing me to pick up eggs just by passing my cursor over them. 😮

I know that this would count as cheating. This is most certainly not something I want, as I am a code hunter and typically do not want random codes, so I'm going to disable the extension when I'm on Dragon Cave. My question is, do I need to report myself to T.J.? I don't want to bother him unnecessarily, as he probably gets a ton of messages. But I'm not sure how he detects unusual activity, and I would hate to have my scroll burned for something I didn't mean to do, as I've been a member since 2008.

Is there a way to reset your encyclopedia? I kinda want to but haven’t figured out if you can from the usual poking around.

Watch your Leetle Tree - when it turns, so does the season.

4 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Watch your Leetle Tree - when it turns, so does the season.

ooh you're right.  it's still spring! thanks!

3 hours ago, Charity322 said:

Thanks. Damn, was hoping it wasn't just bad luck. XD

And I just finally managed to breed one -- so luck can change! :D

I have a question about Market Points:

I was under the impression that breeding an egg gave you 5 Market points. However, I just bred 5 eggs and only received 14 points. Can somebody explain this?

Also, is there a list of what gives you market points, and how many points?