Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

And do you know if the hatchling would lose its dark blue/cyan hue?

i confirm this every time: if my unincubated Siyat hatches at 3d 20ish hours left, it'll be blue, correct?

I bred an egg yesterday and lost it because I was told I had reached my limit. I had come nowhere close to reaching my limit. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

It was an Electric and Copper that was going to be Electric. I found this strange, it has never happened to me before.

36 minutes ago, trystan said:

i confirm this every time: if my unincubated Siyat hatches at 3d 20ish hours left, it'll be blue, correct?

Correct!

19 minutes ago, Bigbite said:

I bred an egg yesterday and lost it because I was told I had reached my limit. I had come nowhere close to reaching my limit. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

It was an Electric and Copper that was going to be Electric. I found this strange, it has never happened to me before.

Are you *positive* you weren't at limit for growing things or for eggs? You currently show 7 eggs, are those the only eggs you had at that time? Did you have any trades pending that may have put you at limit if they went through while you were breeding? 

23 minutes ago, Bigbite said:

you have a dead (Canto, i believe) egg under your Sinos.  depending on the time that it was killed, it may not have been the full 24 hours later that you bred your Electric x Copper.

i've started adding the time i breed or catch an egg, or hatch the egg, so i know the exact time to put it in hatcheries, or it'll group up, or i can breed a pair again.... because i know i'm impatient with things like that :) 

5 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Correct!

Are you *positive* you weren't at limit for growing things or for eggs? You currently show 7 eggs, are those the only eggs you had at that time? Did you have any trades pending that may have put you at limit if they went through while you were breeding? 

I guess I may have had eight eggs, but I never carry eight , I might run into a Gold😁. No Something went wrong.

3 minutes ago, trystan said:

you have a dead (Canto, i believe) egg under your Sinos.  depending on the time that it was killed, it may not have been the full 24 hours later that you bred your Electric x Copper.

i've started adding the time i breed or catch an egg, or hatch the egg, so i know the exact time to put it in hatcheries, or it'll group up, or i can breed a pair again.... because i know i'm impatient with things like that :) 

Thank you.

You have to love DC, you will get the answer to your questions.

3 minutes ago, Bigbite said:

Thank you.

you're welcome.

also, i missed a phrase above: "i've started adding the time to my spreadsheet when i breed or catch an egg, or hatch the egg, so i know the exact time to put it in hatcheries, or it'll group up, or i can breed a pair again.... " XD 

Edited by trystan

Does the Stratos have an alt or color variant? My Encyclopedia has two grayed out images of Stratoses underneath the completed one.

Never mind, Wiki says they change colors during the day/night and I just haven't observed them enough.

Edited by Oddsoxdi

Does someone know if a refusal between a certain pair is forever? I mean between 2 commons, not holiday dragons :)

Ah, thank you,
KageSora 

Edited by yieldy

Just now, yieldy said:

Does someone know if a refusal between a certain pair is forever? I mean between 2 commons, not holiday dragons :)

If 2 dragons have given the "refused to even go near each other" then yes, it's forever--once a pair has refused you cannot re-select them to breed, the rejected mates are moved to the bottom of the list and the breed option is not available.

Don't want to make a full thread for this, but recently there has been an user spamming up the Hub with desirable stuff (Xenos, thuweds, shinies etc) labelled as "Free" - however, I've yet to talk to anyone who actually had their offer accepted (or declined!!) and at this point it just seems like they spam the Hub with trades they don't intend to do anything with.  Surely this goes against _some_ rule, since it literally comes off as just.... spamming the Hub and makes it harder to actually browse through trades people have up?

31 minutes ago, Falorni said:

Don't want to make a full thread for this, but recently there has been an user spamming up the Hub with desirable stuff (Xenos, thuweds, shinies etc) labelled as "Free" - however, I've yet to talk to anyone who actually had their offer accepted (or declined!!) and at this point it just seems like they spam the Hub with trades they don't intend to do anything with.  Surely this goes against _some_ rule, since it literally comes off as just.... spamming the Hub and makes it harder to actually browse through trades people have up?

I agree, i noticed this person a few days ago just wanting 'free' offers for a couple of thuweds. Some people got declined with their offers almost immediately while mine sat there. Of course I didn't get it as they obviously took some CB metals. It's frustrating and I wish that one word was kind of banned from the hub. Nothing is truly 'free'. If you want it to be free, then it really should be placed in the gifting channels or the community board of the forums

Using 'free' in the hub is completely allowed, even if some may not like it. *However*, if there is a user constantly posting trades just to post them and never actually accepting anything, that does seem spammy. Might be hard to know for sure if that's what's happening though, rather than just a user being picky about their offers (which is totally allowed even if they say 'free'). 

Can you get a bright penny copper from a copper and the new Alt Electric?  I've tried twice and I've not gotten one yet.

Also, has anyone managed to get a Pink Iris Floret yet?

Edited by Data_Girl_3

12 minutes ago, Data_Girl_3 said:

Also, has anyone managed to get a Pink Iris Floret yet?

i haven't (but not from lack of trying weekly), but there's a spreadsheet over on Encyclopedia Helpers that got me to unlock the adult Pink Irises.  they're all iterations of the Peach Alstro with a Gold or Purple Iris mate.  when i asked about the Peach Iris over on one of the discords, someone said they're (the Peach Irises really rare.

i'm trying to get a Purple Iris to freeze, but all i get are Peach Alstros anymore.

If I buy Gemshard eggs from the market, will they adjust to the colour of the day? Like if I buy them on a Friday I'll get Aqua?

10 minutes ago, Fortune86 said:

If I buy Gemshard eggs from the market, will they adjust to the colour of the day? Like if I buy them on a Friday I'll get Aqua?

Yes.

Whats with 'ghost' eggs in the AP?

I mean when you see a rare egg, click it and it says someone else got there first. Ok. Refresh the page and there it is...? Click it again, same message. Rinse and repeat. Maybe it will go away for a few refreshes and then come back; considering it's a fairly rare one I'd be surprised anyone would re-abandon it.

It's definitely the same one; same time left and cracks on it...

But whenever it's clicked it says it can't be found. 0.0 I've seen this twice now.

41 minutes ago, Roseora said:

I mean when you see a rare egg, click it and it says someone else got there first. Ok. Refresh the page and there it is...? Click it again, same message. Rinse and repeat. Maybe it will go away for a few refreshes and then come back; considering it's a fairly rare one I'd be surprised anyone would re-abandon it.

But whenever it's clicked it says it can't be found. 0.0 I've seen this twice now.

That does happen when someone grabs it and then re-abandons, sometimes it happens fast which might make it seem like it never really disappeared from the AP. That's fairly normal (ie, it happens relatively often and has for a long time). *However*, the last few months I think it's also something else, lag. I've noticed that when I grab an AP egg, I always middle-click so it opens in a new tab and I can keep refreshing the AP, and for awhile now I've noticed that the new tab will take a good 10-20 seconds to actually load and in the meantime the egg will just sit in the AP after multiple refreshes. So it *looks* like it hasn't been taken yet, but actually the site is just still loading the taken page.  (In case I'm not being clear, I mean that someone else has already 'gotten' the egg but it takes awhile for the site to actually catch up so when you are refreshing the AP it looks like it's still there.)

Edited by HeatherMarie

Ah ok, thankyou. Makes sense :) I was wondering why on earth multiple people would ever re-abandon a prize. 0.0

I do, quite frequently - if it can't fit a line I already have, or if it is terminally messy.

12 hours ago, Roseora said:

Might not be happening in this case, but FYI, if they're eggs you last abandoned, you won't be allowed to pick them up, and the AP will erroneously claim they've already been snatched. Someone else will need to pick up the egg and abandon it before you can pick it up again.

TBH I didn't search for this :blush:

Is there a way/link/place to see your market history?